US Politics Thread | Page 303 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

The police don't seem to have any problem shooting people, even when innocent. I wouldn't suggest arming the public anyway, they should be trained security, or like a new offshoot of the police force.

You are 4 times more likely to be murdered in the US than in Europe. Arming everyone just leads to more deaths. Someone needs to take the Constitution and tear it up, start again and prevent the US spiralling into a third world Country.

I'm not saying it will be easy, but Bump Stocks seem an easy start, and nobody needs an assault rifle. At least look like you care, if you are in charge.

Someone needs to take the Constitution and tear it up, start again and prevent the US spiralling into a third world Country.

Unfortunately, with Trump having put Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court, I don't think there will be too many sweeping changes in our lifetime.

Slightly off-topic, I see Brazil are about to elect a far-right mentalist who hankers after the good old days of military dictatorship from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Trump will be loving that!

You are 4 times more likely to be murdered in the US than in Europe. Arming everyone just leads to more deaths. Someone needs to take the Constitution and tear it up, start again and prevent the US spiralling into a third world Country.

I'm not saying it will be easy, but Bump Stocks seem an easy start, and nobody needs an assault rifle. At least look like you care, if you are in charge.

As far as I'm aware the ban on bump stocks is almost done. So that's one step. Problem is the constitution won't be ripped up and Americans will always want to keep their guns.

20 children were slaughtered in an elementary school and what changed? That was 6 years ago.

I don't see how having armed guards at places like that would be such a big deal anyway. The cops carry guns. A huge amount of the population have guns. It's a gun culture. There is no perfect solution to any of it.

I just see armed guards as the end of a civilised society. It's the sort of thing you get in Afghanistan and Iraq. I can't believe there isn't some compromise to be made (I was being tongue in cheek about tearing up the Constitution).

This shooter was further right than Trump, which is hard to do. He didn't think Trump was doing enough to stop the Jews taking over. That has been going on for a long time now. We all know it's not true, but it keeps being trotted out. 3 Republicans tweeted this week blaming Soros for things going on.

I suppose I was hoping we'd be more enlightened by now.

You could almost argue that the US is not a civilised society anymore. Mass shootings on their scale don't happen in civilised societies. Maybe armed guards could be a temporary solution until they can somehow figure it out.

I do agree Republicans tweeting about Soros is irresponsible. But I find it worse that people like Louis Farrakhan can call Jews "termites" and not have his Twitter account shut down. I had my account suspended for virtually nothing.

I thought we'd be more enlightened by now too, but it seems to be 2 steps forward, 10 steps back

They had to change their route to avoid the protesters. There were thousands of them. Most of the families asked him not to come, but Donnie is more important than what grieving families want.

Has everyone seen the hoax that some Trumpites, Burkman and Wahl, tried to set up to smear Mueller? The claimed a security firm had found a woman that says Mueller assaulted her. The problem is the day in question he was on jury duty in a different city.

It doesn't end there, though. Another woman has come forward and said the same people offered her $20,000 to claim Mueller assaulted her. She refused.

But, it gets worse. A quick search and the phone numbers the security firm quoted came back to Wahl's Mum's house, and he used his own email to register the domain of said "company".

You'd think that would be enough, but no. They then used famous peoples photos for the supposed employees on the site. Wahl even used a photo of himself for one.

Is this the dumbest hoax in history?

Has everyone seen the hoax that some Trumpites, Burkman and Wahl, tried to set up to smear Mueller? The claimed a security firm had found a woman that says Mueller assaulted her. The problem is the day in question he was on jury duty in a different city.

It doesn't end there, though. Another woman has come forward and said the same people offered her $20,000 to claim Mueller assaulted her. She refused.

But, it gets worse. A quick search and the phone numbers the security firm quoted came back to Wahl's Mum's house, and he used his own email to register the domain of said "company".

You'd think that would be enough, but no. They then used famous peoples photos for the supposed employees on the site. Wahl even used a photo of himself for one.

Is this the dumbest hoax in history?

Yes, fake news at its finest! Donald would be so proud.

The campaign adverts are terrible. Racism isn't even hidden.

The Republicans must be a bunch of cowards, scared of a few refugees. I always thought the US was meant to be the land of the brave. That's obviously just the Democrat side.

The campaign adverts are terrible. Racism isn't even hidden.

The Republicans must be a bunch of cowards, scared of a few refugees. I always thought the US was meant to be the land of the brave. That's obviously just the Democrat side.

Trump said those heading through Mexico towards the border could contain ISIS bombers. He then admitted later that he had not one jot of evidence to support that , but didn't even try to justify his comments.

A blatant lie that fits his narrative and yet his "supporters" swallow it hook , line and sinker.

Trump said those heading through Mexico towards the border could contain ISIS bombers. He then admitted later that he had not one jot of evidence to support that , but didn't even try to justify his comments.

A blatant lie that fits his narrative and yet his "supporters" swallow it hook , line and sinker.

The usual suspects ran with a story where 100 possible ISIS members were found in the caravan in Guatemala, arrested and deported. The problem is, there were arrests, but it was several weeks earlier.

Never let the truth get in the way of a fear-mongering headline.

I was an event yesterday that talked about this problem generically. The far right and far left are the new vehicles of this millennium. Communication is no where to be found. Each side has to be proven right. There is no communication which is the balance in the middle.

The I am right and you are wrong is costing this world, especially in The U.S with Trumpism.

Incidently for useless info when the word ism is put on a word, the ISM acronym stands for I, Self, Me. Think that sums up Trump to a T