United | Page 7 | Vital Football

United

Man U head and shoulders above Norwich says Rivers .

Rivers also said he Is a fat old guy and even he could have played for Man U today and done well against us

Rivers trying to tell Gutless how it should be done to stay in this League and Gutless defending the Smiffs self funding club model . Rob Gutless is a disgrace and an embarrassment to our club

Commentator today said that Cantwell picked up an injury before the game in warm up and did the same before palace. They said it was a worry for the club but he came out and seemed okay. I thought he was a little subdued today. It seems he might be another who could be playing through the pain as we don't have the players to come in. Hanley looked to have done his hamstring (again). It should be a bell going off to DF that Hanley is injury risk as is Klose and Godfrey has been getting issues too.

Nice round up Tucks and some good points . I am sure most of us fans do support the players , but despite their level being lower than that of opponents , they should NEVER give up like they did yesterday . I don’t want to return to the likes of the infamous day at Brighton when Russel Martin was put out in front of the press to apologise for the team giving up.
Like you say ‘if only‘ ..... and I say ,why oh why didn’t we buy the players we so obviously needed in the summer , instead of waiting until now . I honestly can’t see the new guy or this Spanish guy making that much difference .

Daniel Farke needs to learn from this Premier League experience as well . He plays the same formation and team (barring injuries) every game , and as Mark Rivers pointed out on RN , Man Utd had worked out easily how to stop our style of a passing and playing . OGS had probably worked it out long ago , simply because we are totally predictable .

I think that Stuart Webber and Farke would be better served telling Smith and Jones the reality of Premier League survival, instead of showering them with compliments and tell the Board they need to invest or find someone who can and then the Smiths can leave our club as quickly as they can for the good of us all .

I agree entirely that the truth is that ultimately the blame lies with the Smiths whose real desire is not to see us as an established Premier League club , but one that is richly solvent to leave for Tom The Cabin Boy to inherit .

While ever the Smiths remain in charge this cycle of relegation will go on . I see little point in going up again as EXACTLY the same thing will happen if we do ..... we will go straight back down again as the Owners and Board refuse to invest in the team.

The heartbreaking thing is we were probably just short of a new central defender , and new attacking midfielder and a tall striker to help out Pukki .
The Board wouldn’t buy them ,and as usual we fans suffer the consequences. How many years ago was it that after the 6-0 hammering at Fulham that sent us down , did someone hold up a poster stating ‘ Prudence Without Ambition ? Thing will NEVER change whilst the Smiths remain at NCFC

Last edited:
Good article Tuckster and totally agree with your response YB.

I hate it when people are picky with me when I say something wrong when they know what I meant BUT Tuckster the save from Cantell was just before halftime when we were 1 0 down and had not really had many shots at us on target ( despite dominance )
IF it had gone in ( and it was not the world class save RN described as I listened ) it would have been 1 1 at half time.
Would it have made any difference ? Maybe not but it does go to show how this season and ultimately relegation will have been based on 2 things. Games being decided on just one VAR decision / one single piece of action and the failure to strengthen squad.
These can easily be connected. VAR affects all teams ( although we are probably the club who has suffered most as the VAR table shows )
but the moments in game where we have dropped 1 or 2 points would have been helped by having the 3 players we required.
The moments in the game where points have been dropped ( and there are many of them ) would have been greatly helped by that bit of experience and composure. Just one better finish and one bit of less naive defending in a game would have earned us at least 12 points and being closer to safety.

The failure is the ridiculous belief that being only self funding club out of 20 in premier league would work. A spend of say £ 25 million would of made such a difference but instead we will now lose much more than that as well as probably at least 4 very good players.

We have premier league fans, a very good management team in SW and DF ( who just need a bigger kitty to be premier league quality ), very good players who with the obvious required reinforcements and one season under their belt would be premier league quality but we have league 1 owners.

The problem lies with the owners and their totally selfish attitude to hang on to a club for personal reasons at the detriment of the clubs survival as a good premier league outfit.