ultimate piss take | Page 2 | Vital Football

ultimate piss take

The current model is unsustainable, maybe I'm just a traditionalist, but if all were competing on a somewhat level playing field then maybe so. But the sheer greed of the 'Big Six' is going to kill the football pyramid as we know it.

The F A Cup has been devalued as the World's best Cup Competition, The League Cup is just a side show, none of the things which made our League so great seem to have any value anymore, for the rest of the pyramid at least, that's without mentioning the conning, diving, inept officiating and bloody VAR, nah, let them bugger off, nay let them be told to bugger off and let the rest restore some sense and integrity back to the game, we invented the damn thing and no one has the bottle to say how it should be operated on a sustainable footing.
Well said that man :clap:

The current model is unsustainable, maybe I'm just a traditionalist, but if all were competing on a somewhat level playing field then maybe so. But the sheer greed of the 'Big Six' is going to kill the football pyramid as we know it.

The F A Cup has been devalued as the World's best Cup Competition, The League Cup is just a side show, none of the things which made our League so great seem to have any value anymore, for the rest of the pyramid at least, that's without mentioning the conning, diving, inept officiating and bloody VAR, nah, let them bugger off, nay let them be told to bugger off and let the rest restore some sense and integrity back to the game, we invented the damn thing and no one has the bottle to say how it should be operated on a sustainable footing.
There's no one saying how it should be operated because all of them , everyone single one, media, broadcasters, pundits, employees of clubs, agents,the myriad of coaches,physios.nutritionists etc . PR men, social media influencers, Uncle Jim White, G ary Lineker et al are not going to bite the hand that feeds them.

It's a massive sham, a bit like the financial crisis, built on debt and denial.Maybe we will see the same result,sooner rather than later.

Mezut Ozul must be devastated.

There have been people saying this for years, when the Premiership started "this will kill football"and yet nearly 30 years on it's still going. There has always been big clubs with more resources than others that will not change however much anybody wishes it.The FA Cup and League Cup has been devalued by managers picking under strength sides that's their decision nobody else's. Conning, diving that never happened back in the day did it, yeah right. Referees have always made mistakes and will continue to do so everybody makes them football isn't exclusive. VAR managers/owners wanted technology in football, well they got it and their still unhappy no pleasing some people. I support the pyramid system never had a problem with so called smaller clubs reaching the top division, they have achieved it on merit, but some will cease to exist that's inevitable
I don't think SUFC v Fulham is as big a draw as Man Utd v Liverpool so I'm not sure who is actually going to tell them to bugger off but as usually its all down to opinion.

"There have been people saying this for years, when the Premiership started "this will kill football"and yet nearly 30 years on it's still going"

But it's not our football anymore IMO.....that is dead.

Football is football I must have missed were supporters were consulted about any radical changes in football. Supporters will moan but they will still watch it what ever format it is in.

Football is football I must have missed were supporters were consulted about any radical changes in football. Supporters will moan but they will still watch it what ever format it is in.
They will becasue they are young and think money buys you the best product when passion is the key.

They will becasue they are young and think money buys you the best product when passion is the key.

I don't think it will be exclusively the younger supporters, lots of supporters want to just watch a game of football and enjoy a day out, I think you are overestimating how may supporters concern themselves with how football is run. As I've said while watching not one football governing bodies have asked my opinion on changes. United did send me a letter to request my support of the Blades Revival but that's about it.

It would be great if supporters contributions could finance a football club but the reality is it doesn't that's why all clubs are looking at various revenue streams. That isn't going to change.

It would be great if supporters contributions could finance a football club but the reality is it doesn't that's why all clubs are looking at various revenue streams. That isn't going to change.

True enough and Sky opened the Pandora's box. Theres no going back now, but I am waiting for 'hope' to appear. I think i'll be waiting a while longer.

I'm afraid I feel totally disconnected from the game of football. When one of our games finally comes around, I won't watch the build-up or the first minute (you know why), and I tend not to watch us live anyway, because we've become the thing we hated, a 'pass it around, kick it to the keeper and punt it as far as you can' team. Then if we get beat, its another slashfest on here and everywhere else. Then we wait another week or ten days for another game at some stupid time on a stupid day, and repeat. Its just all stopped being worth the effort...

True enough and Sky opened the Pandora's box. Theres no going back now, but I am waiting for 'hope' to appear. I think i'll be waiting a while longer.

I'm afraid I feel totally disconnected from the game of football. When one of our games finally comes around, I won't watch the build-up or the first minute (you know why), and I tend not to watch us live anyway, because we've become the thing we hated, a 'pass it around, kick it to the keeper and punt it as far as you can' team. Then if we get beat, its another slashfest on here and everywhere else. Then we wait another week or ten days for another game at some stupid time on a stupid day, and repeat. Its just all stopped being worth the effort...

"He who pays the piper calls the tune" I accepted that very early in the Premiership/Sky era so it doesn't niggle me at all. There is change in our performances, injuries. loss of of form team selection a mixture who knows. We were always due a blip Wilder has to plan a way out of it, fans are bouncing when we are winning and look for scapegoats when we lose nothing changes,

I don't think it will be exclusively the younger supporters, lots of supporters want to just watch a game of football and enjoy a day out, I think you are overestimating how may supporters concern themselves with how football is run. As I've said while watching not one football governing bodies have asked my opinion on changes. United did send me a letter to request my support of the Blades Revival but that's about it.
Exactly my point, the younf don't care.

Oh no - cheer up FKB - this is your beloved Blades you are talking about........and you know the score, your footie team is for life........not just for Christmas.

I understand how you feel - its hard to stomach what's going on on and off the pitch at the moment, but things will get better on both fronts when life starts to return to normal and our new players start to bed in.

Keep the faith - you know you have to (y)

ps - why don't you watch the 1st minute?

Oh no - cheer up FKB - this is your beloved Blades you are talking about........and you know the score, your footie team is for life........not just for Christmas.

I understand how you feel - its hard to stomach what's going on on and off the pitch at the moment, but things will get better on both fronts when life starts to return to normal and our new players start to bed in.

I wouldn't support anyone else, in fact I dont watch anyone other than United. I haven't watched any game as a neutral for a few seasons now.

The 1st minute thing is about a joint between hip and ankle. I think everyone knows where I am on that one.

I wouldn't support anyone else, in fact I dont watch anyone other than United. I haven't watched any game as a neutral for a few seasons now.

The 1st minute thing is about a joint between hip and ankle. I think everyone knows where I am on that one.

say no more ............. tbh I'm learning to live with that - its only a gesture and if it keeps reminding us of stuff so be it. I still can't get over the black woman barrister who was mistaken for a defendant and challenged 3 times on entering court recently.

Re. getting back to normal.

I went out ( hospital appointment) today , something which is becoming increasingly rare , and it got me thinking, as I queued to be allowed into the hospital, being told I was too early, at 10.05, for a 10.30 appointment, ( because there was hardly any traffic on the road)sanitised and masked up, got the lift to the Eye dept, had my temp.checked, sat in a large waiting room with just 4 other and every other chair roped offhad my eyes tested with both nurses wearing gloves & masks, went for a scan, to another deserted waiting room, had my scan by a nurse weaaring gloves and a mask and left , walking through sparsely populated corridor back to the , now no charge (why?) car park and drove home again along a very quiet M60, Manchester's outer ring road, noormally chocka most of the day..

I was a little sad as I thought that this is now normal and, going out brought it home to me starkly.

The football's all but meaningless, the traffic on here like that I experienced today, very light, and this is where we are now. I reckon they should all split areas up into two camps- one where people wnt to be sensible, obey the rules and look after themselves and another where the fuckwits can party, ignore advice and direction, see it all as some sort of conspiracy theory and blame all and sundry for not funding them 100% as they sh!t on the rest of us.

Sorry Aya. I'm not going there anymore on this platform. This place should be about football. In fact, football should be about football, imo.

Re. getting back to normal.

I went out ( hospital appointment) today , something which is becoming increasingly rare , and it got me thinking, as I queued to be allowed into the hospital, being told I was too early, at 10.05, for a 10.30 appointment, ( because there was hardly any traffic on the road)sanitised and masked up, got the lift to the Eye dept, had my temp.checked, sat in a large waiting room with just 4 other and every other chair roped offhad my eyes tested with both nurses wearing gloves & masks, went for a scan, to another deserted waiting room, had my scan by a nurse weaaring gloves and a mask and left , walking through sparsely populated corridor back to the , now no charge (why?) car park and drove home again along a very quiet M60, Manchester's outer ring road, noormally chocka most of the day..

I was a little sad as I thought that this is now normal and, going out brought it home to me starkly.

The football's all but meaningless, the traffic on here like that I experienced today, very light, and this is where we are now. I reckon they should all split areas up into two camps- one where people wnt to be sensible, obey the rules and look after themselves and another where the fuckwits can party, ignore advice and direction, see it all as some sort of conspiracy theory and blame all and sundry for not funding them 100% as they sh!t on the rest of us.

Make the most of it TT - it'll be back to normal all too soon I reckon. Hope the appointment/scan went well (y)

Ps - have booked flights to Madeira in November today - somewhere we wouldn't normally go to but actually its a lovely island that is often overlooked. Optimistic we will get there - but flights can be moved if not.

Make the most of it TT - it'll be back to normal all too soon I reckon. Hope the appointment/scan went well (y)

Ps - have booked flights to Madeira in November today - somewhere we wouldn't normally go to but actually its a lovely island that is often overlooked. Optimistic we will get there - but flights can be moved if not.

I'll need some more eye injections apparently but, horrific as they sound, it's quite painless.

It can't be fast enough Aya. We're not great ones for going out (when not on holiday), or planning, so the lack of spontaneity to be able to go for a meal etc is what I find frustrating particularly as we are motorhomeless for a couple of months.

Enjoy Madeira- we went about 3 yrs ago, picked up a cheap AI not far from the airport. It was a pleasant trip and nice place-apart from the statue of Ronaldo!

It was the shortest transfer ever- about 4 minutes. The hotel was decent and we had a a balcony room right on the corner at the far end of the building- which was at least 800 yds from the end of the runway! Luckily it was out of season so not too busy.