ultimate piss take | Vital Football

ultimate piss take

twirlo70

Vital 1st Team Regular
man united and liverpool with other elite clubs meeting to form a european league how the fuck does that work. 5 billion pound package ,when lower league sides going out of business. foreign owners just dont get the football tradition. english football is losing all its identity ,FA cup gone to the wall. league cup is a joke . it,ll not be worth supporting anyone soon. football is almost on the edge of going to the wall as we know it.

man united and liverpool with other elite clubs meeting to form a european league how the fuck does that work. 5 billion pound package ,when lower league sides going out of business. foreign owners just dont get the football tradition. english football is losing all its identity ,FA cup gone to the wall. league cup is a joke . it,ll not be worth supporting anyone soon. football is almost on the edge of going to the wall as we know it.
Same idea comes around as regular as Christmas Twirls.

There'll be enough problems for everyone soon enough as Sky/BT and all the foreign platfroms are losing subscribers and won't be splashing the cash to keep clubs running on debt and players taking 300k a week home.

Just reading a Sunday Times article about it. BT aren't keen on biddidng £957m for a few games and the previous deal for subscription TV was worth £5.1billion for 3 yrs up to 2020 and that's down to £4.6bn for the next 3 years.The PL's deal with the Chinese has ended because they, the Chinese, haven't paid the £540m fee and the new Chinese provider won't pay that much. Bein Sports are also not oing to pay as much in future deals.

The PL cares only for the PL, the big clubs only for themselves but, as we all know, the value of the PL is in the competitiveness of all 20 teams so there's a vested interest in keeping clubs alive in the long run- not that the shortsighted 'elite' can see that it seems.

A European League has been talked about for years will it happen almost certainly if enough clubs around Europe want it. Football has to evolve it can't remain the same for ever there were concerns about the Premiership and still are but owners will risk their clubs financial stability to be part of it. I suppose if it happens the Premiership broadcasting deal will take a huge hit but who knows and at the end of the day what fans think will count for nothing, football is money driven and has been for a good while.

It's curious they are talking, yet again, about a Euro Super league when the Champions League organisers are talking about reverting to a one leg knockout stage for the last eight.
Left hand- right hand comes to mind.

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/2020/...l-eight-format-for-champions-league-from-2024

But this new scheme is backed by FIFA, not by EUFA (at the moment). It is doubtful if Eufa will welcome FIFA muscling in on its pride and joy - and the provider of most of its finances - unless of course, suitable financial recompense is made.
I notice that (according to Sky Sports) the $6 billion of debt to finance this new wizard idea is to be provided by the U.S. bank JP Morgan.
Mmmmmmm - is this the same JP Morgan bank involved with the Enron scandal, theBernie Madoff scandal, the sub-prime mortgage scandal that led to the 2008-2009 banking crisis, and many other indictments over the last 25 years?
Mmmmmm - be careful what you wish for lads - but as usual - I expect those at the top will make fortunes again - while the ordinary, hard working bloke loses out.

i know loads who have cancelled their Sky In the last few weeks due to the Pay To Watch thing. My contract ends in November and I’m cancelling too!!

Good let them feck off. We will have a better competition right throughout the pyramid without them. Don’t let them field B Teams in the English League or let them play in the FA Cup If they leave then kick them out of the Football Association. Also follow Rugby’s example and don’t select any of their players for England either.

Last edited:
the new league runs in conjunction with the premier league my mistake. they dont leave the prem .

70 game season? No way, they will want to play B teams in the domestic league and want assurances against relegation.
yeah deffo runs in conjunction wi prem. 38 games in prem reserves in any cups. play each team in new league once 2 top teams go into new league so thatll be 9 more 47 games which is what they play now if they successful

Better for them if all the rest agreed to reduce the Prem to 16 then they have nearly ever weekday free for the second league. Show of hands (or fingers) please.

Last edited:
i would be happy to see the top 5 go..............they are out of our league............but there should be the possibility of promotion/relegation to the European league

i would be happy to see the top 5 go..............they are out of our league............but there should be the possibility of promotion/relegation to the European league
so you would be happy not to see some of the best players in the world come to the lane with a apact stadium ,look at all the money united will lose from this, look at all the memories we,d lose if the top 5 teams fucked of. the fall out from this if they went and we didnt get to play em would be shocking it really would . may as well stop in the championship

so you would be happy not to see some of the best players in the world come to the lane with a apact stadium ,look at all the money united will lose from this, look at all the memories we,d lose if the top 5 teams fucked of. the fall out from this if they went and we didnt get to play em would be shocking it really would . may as well stop in the championship
Twirls I used to fo to see Georgy Best, or to the other place to see Pele but O grew up and I only want to see our Blades.......for me every team can play their kids if it helps our cause then I can eait for the World cups etc to see the godd players we can't sign.

Last edited:

yes I would

Personally I want to see Utd compete against the best teams, players and managers whether that's in Premiership, Champions League or European Super League. I can't speak for Wilder or the players but I don't think it's a leap of faith to think so do they.

Twirls I used to fo to see Georgy Best, or the the other place to see Pele but O grew up and I only wna to see our Blades.......for me every team can play their kids if it helps our cause then I can eait for the World cups etc to see the godd players we can't sign.
what at the lane id rather see them in the flesh on our hallowed turf

Personally I want to see Utd compete against the best teams, players and managers whether that's in Premiership, Champions League or European Super League. I can't speak for Wilder or the players but I don't think it's a leap of faith to think so do they.

The current model is unsustainable, maybe I'm just a traditionalist, but if all were competing on a somewhat level playing field then maybe so. But the sheer greed of the 'Big Six' is going to kill the football pyramid as we know it.

The F A Cup has been devalued as the World's best Cup Competition, The League Cup is just a side show, none of the things which made our League so great seem to have any value anymore, for the rest of the pyramid at least, that's without mentioning the conning, diving, inept officiating and bloody VAR, nah, let them bugger off, nay let them be told to bugger off and let the rest restore some sense and integrity back to the game, we invented the damn thing and no one has the bottle to say how it should be operated on a sustainable footing.