Ukraine Crisis | Page 3 | Vital Football

Ukraine Crisis

Eurovision song contest EC cup final etc etc what a load of bollocks Puttin is laughing at those sanctions.....he and his cohorts dont give a shit.

Thier fear of Nato and the West has caused this action and we plebs do not know why as govts only let us know what they want us to know.... ....it is all bollox most Russians do not want conflict most of the world do not want conflict, but egos do As in every war, it is ego, megalomania power and corruption and power bases who want conflict. that causes all the problems in the world...they do not represent the people they do not give a shit about people......Power Power Power ..Ego Ego Ego is all that matters the world will never learn, we are in danger of not making climate change of any significance now....cos humans may not be around to even have to worry about such greater things

I'm talking permanent measures. Cease trade, prevent further expansion and start to shrink.

That should happen naturally as Chinese labour costs rise, but it will take time. The real tinderbox with the Chinese is the fact that they have been lending to countries but securing it with the natural resources of those countries.

https://issafrica.org/iss-today/lessons-from-sri-lanka-on-chinas-debt-trap-diplomacy

https://atlantablackstar.com/2018/09/16/china-has-tightened-its-grip-on-africas-resources/

Russia are using cruise missiles against Ukraine. We are already sending " lethal aid " meaning military hardware. So why not transport missiles into Ukraine to fire on Russia ?

The west has been asleep at the wheel for far too long now. As for the EU, we're better off out of it. As EX says, it's pretty much everyone for themselves.

Last edited:
Be very afraid the lunatic has left the asylum.....

Putin is acting like the master of the planet; in the same way the owner of a flash car shows off by twirling his keyring round his finger, Putin is twirling the nuclear button. He's said many times: if there is no Russia, why do we need the planet? No one paid any attention. But this is a threat that if Russia isn't treated as he wants, then everything will be destroyed."

Well Finally the rest of Europe and the EU have done what we were almost begging for them to do - in fairness after I got so angry at their lack of meaningful action and backbone, they've acted and acted well, a few countries in Europe are still dragging their feet - but the SWIFT exclusion is doing exactly what I hoped it would do, it will isolate Russia from much of its reserves - it will cause a huge disruption to their reserves and currency value and cause ordinary Russians to stop believing the state propaganda and start asking what's really going, and why Europe is acting this way...

I spoke with my Russian friends yesterday and despite the crackdown in Russia I was told that the prospect of large numbers of young Russian troops coming home in body bags - it's all rumors out there at the mo - if proved true would see Putin's popularity plummet, as then and only then would the people know this was more than 'just' a humanitarian policing action/peacekeeper action (which is how it's being told night and day in Moscow tp the radio and tv audiences).

I told them how we were viewing it in the West and the news we were seeing, and my old Colleagues all insisted I was exaggerating and that it was all western propaganda and lies.

They're now desperately hunting down independent media channels and social media, but day by day the Russian authorities are restricting them or cutting them off.

We have to find a way of getting to the Russian people and telling them the truth, and that's going to be extremely difficult.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, the guys I know in Russia are smart cookies and are now like many savvy Russians now trying to get to the money they have in Russian banks after I told them what we've done, they now believe it and are telling all their friends and family to do the same - it's how you start a mini run on the banks, for good measure I did suggest some Russian banks are likely to shutter their doors and perhaps even go bust...one of them has just realised that he won't be able to go on his usual 6 weeks holiday in Spain to his $6 mill villa, and that he might even lose it as he has no access to cash in Spain now...

..every little helps !!

Last edited:
Russia should be forced out of Ukraine completely, including the two regions they have occupied since 2014. Also if Crimea belongs to Ukraine maybe that should be taken back also.
Belarus needs to be put in its place.
Now this has boiled over it needs redifing correctly.
If Russia backs down due to sanctions then the end of the sanctions should depend on the above.
After that the 500 or so nuclear war heads held by Russia should be neutralised now they have threatened to use them in response to conventional weapons.

Russia should be forced out of Ukraine completely, including the two regions they have occupied since 2014. Also if Crimea belongs to Ukraine maybe that should be taken back also.
Belarus needs to be put in its place.
Now this has boiled over it needs redifing correctly.
If Russia backs down due to sanctions then the end of the sanctions should depend on the above.
After that the 500 or so nuclear war heads held by Russia should be neutralised now they have threatened to use them in response to conventional weapons.

Unless Putin was to be literally deposed and his government overthrown (extremely unlikely) the chances of 'neutralising' his nuke capability are less than zero - Russia nor any other country should be left unable to defend itself in a nuclear World, only when all countries sign up to a non-nuclear World can we expect any real nuclear disarmament.

The sanctions will bite, but I seriously doubt if it will those that force it to recall it's forces, if anything, I expect the Russians to re-double their efforts to take over Ukraine. The Ukrainians have done incredibly well, but I still can't see them defeating the Russian forces, the longer this goes on, the wilder out of control the force the Russians will use - just as in Chechnya, they started with precision strikes and controlled bombardment, once they knew that wasn't giving them the swift victory, they fought it with more and more violence to towards the non-combatants and combatants alike - they'll do the same in Ukraine.

This war probably ends in bloody defeat on the battlefield for the Ukrainians or an undertaking to never seek to join NATO; and controls on its military - I doubt Russia will accept anything less, but who knows? If finally enough Russians realise what Putin's done in their name and the Russian military finally say 'enough is enough', he may yet be swept away.

Unless Putin was to be literally deposed and his government overthrown (extremely unlikely) the chances of 'neutralising' his nuke capability are less than zero - Russia nor any other country should be left unable to defend itself in a nuclear World, only when all countries sign up to a non-nuclear World can we expect any real nuclear disarmament.

The sanctions will bite, but I seriously doubt if it will those that force it to recall it's forces, if anything, I expect the Russians to re-double their efforts to take over Ukraine. The Ukrainians have done incredibly well, but I still can't see them defeating the Russian forces, the longer this goes on, the wilder out of control the force the Russians will use - just as in Chechnya, they started with precision strikes and controlled bombardment, once they knew that wasn't giving them the swift victory, they fought it with more and more violence to towards the non-combatants and combatants alike - they'll do the same in Ukraine.

This war probably ends in bloody defeat on the battlefield for the Ukrainians or an undertaking to never seek to join NATO; and controls on its military - I doubt Russia will accept anything less, but who knows? If finally enough Russians realise what Putin's done in their name and the Russian military finally say 'enough is enough', he may yet be swept away.

Apparently Putin is rumoured to being deposed by his own people.

Absolutely delighted to hear that Switzerland are adopting all of the sanctions against Russia and all it's Oligaphs that the rest of Europe has.

Now that will seriously fcuk up the billioniares., should really piss them off and make them realise they have to stop Putin now.

This is a huge development and takes away the one out that the Russians may have been relying on.

This action to financially distance Russia should have been taken at least a decade a go. It was obvious that it would lead to something like this eventually if given time. So sad to see.

Absolutely delighted to hear that Switzerland are adopting all of the sanctions against Russia and all it's Oligaphs that the rest of Europe has.

Now that will seriously fcuk up the billioniares., should really piss them off and make them realise they have to stop Putin now.

This is a huge development and takes away the one out that the Russians may have been relying on.
The general acceptance that Switzerland can be a safe zone for dodgy financial dealings has always been one that confused me. Of course we all know why it is accepted as the wealthy who use it often influence policy of governments, but it is still strange how nobody until now has every seemed able to really push Switzerland to get with the times.

The general acceptance that Switzerland can be a safe zone for dodgy financial dealings has always been one that confused me. Of course we all know why it is accepted as the wealthy who use it often influence policy of governments, but it is still strange how nobody until now has every seemed able to really push Switzerland to get with the times.

Afraid it all goes back to Switzerland's desperate need for something they could call an 'industry' (apart from clocks!) that could be seen to supports their supposed neutrality - in 1934 they enacted the banking secrecy laws (since changed in the last decade or so) the worldwide rise of automatic exchange of information (AEOI) in the past decade or so, where governments are forced to exchange relevant financial information with their peers (to help them enforce criminal and tax laws) has changed much of how Swiss private banks operate - however, some Swiss banks do still operate numbered bank accounts, but bank by bank these are being addressed, the problem is as one door closes another opens - their corporate tax rates are low and they encourage all sorts of companies to maintain nominal head offices there, much the same as Luxemburg and Ireland do as well. So the reputation is well earned, but it's much more difficult to go under the radar now in Switzerland as a dodgy financial haven - but it does rely on a government asking about an individual/company - hence why the UK has known for some time about the dubious origins of many billionaire Russians worth, but not seemingly able to prove it.

This gives a bit of background:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...77e574-24e8-11e2-9313-3c7f59038d93_story.html

Last edited:
I see the FIA are allowing Russian and Belarusian drivers to take part in F1 this season. FIA's decision permits Russian driver Nikita Mazepin to race in F1 this season with the Haas team. The 22-year-old's father Dmitry is a major financial backer of the team through his chemicals company and is a close associate of Russian president Vladimir Putin. Just another case of 'Money Talks'.

I see the FIA are allowing Russian and Belarusian drivers to take part in F1 this season. FIA's decision permits Russian driver Nikita Mazepin to race in F1 this season with the Haas team. The 22-year-old's father Dmitry is a major financial backer of the team through his chemicals company and is a close associate of Russian president Vladimir Putin. Just another case of 'Money Talks'.

It's a disgrace, I hope they get the treatment they deserve.