'Uddersfield | Page 2 | Vital Football

'Uddersfield

People blaming Huddersfield are looking for a scapegoat. We are where we are in merit. Simple as that for me.

Thank you Fawaz.

LyttleByLyttle - 30/4/2017 17:52

Pearced - 30/4/2017 16:21

LyttleByLyttle - 30/4/2017 13:03

Only the weak (and scousers) blame others.

We have to take responsibility for the position we're in.
I don't consider myself weak even though you in your ignorance do. I think this needs addressing.

In what way!?!
Hmm, that read rather strangely. I mean the 10 man change needs addressing by the EFL

PVH - 30/4/2017 19:10

People blaming Huddersfield are looking for a scapegoat. We are where we are in merit. Simple as that for me.

Thank you Fawaz.
So are you. the difference is that you are 100% correct...

Pearced - 30/4/2017 20:10

I don't consider myself weak even though you in your ignorance do. I think this needs addressing.

In what way!?!
Hmm, that read rather strangely. I mean the 10 man change needs addressing by the EFL

How though?

Maximum is points deduction for Udders.

LyttleByLyttle - 30/4/2017 22:39

Pearced - 30/4/2017 20:10

In what way!?!

How though?

Maximum is points deduction for Udders.
True, not much can be done about Brum unless it can be shown there was an arrangement... We need a good investigative reporter!

This has always been between us and Blackburn. Birmingham were never really in it, not once Redknapp joined.

Other clubs can quite rightly feel aggrieved that Brighton, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Reading failed to do their jobs as top of the table clubs against us.

As someone else has said, our position is entirely self inflicted- by the owner and in individual games by mentally weak as piss players

Pope John XXIII - 1/5/2017 06:04

This has always been between us and Blackburn. Birmingham were never really in it, not once Redknapp joined.

Other clubs can quite rightly feel aggrieved that Brighton, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Reading failed to do their jobs as top of the table clubs against us.

As someone else has said, our position is entirely self inflicted- by the owner and in individual games by mentally weak as piss players

Er I disagree- I think my piss stands up very well to a.number of players and would provide an impenetrable barrier to several.

Can't agree re Birmingham, had they not won on Saturday they would be going down imo.

They struggled to beat a team that made ten changes, they were so devoid of confidence, they missed a penalty.

Harry had about as much new manager bounce as MW and the reason for their three points was down to the opposition.

I'm surprised you're such a Redknapp advocate, Pope - not knowing you personally, but having read on here the kinds of things you rate in a manager. The bloke's a dinosaur and his heart's not been in it since Spurs: the QPR fans I was talking to before and after the game on Saturday felt that him going to Birmingham had actually improved our chances no end. Very little love for him at his old clubs - he owes his reputation as a manager to his mates in the press.

Completely agree with you about self-inflicted damage though. Haven't got a second's ill-will for Huddersfield, they've had a fantastic season and they're trying to keep a small squad fit for the most important games in the history of their club. 1 point from Wigan, Blackburn, QPR, Wolves and Burton is why we're staring down the barrel, not Huddersfield Town dropping Jonathan Hogg.

Those Feet - 1/5/2017 08:59

I'm surprised you're such a Redknapp advocate, Pope - not knowing you personally, but having read on here the kinds of things you rate in a manager. The bloke's a dinosaur and his heart's not been in it since Spurs: the QPR fans I was talking to before and after the game on Saturday felt that him going to Birmingham had actually improved our chances no end. Very little love for him at his old clubs - he owes his reputation as a manager to his mates in the press.

Completely agree with you about self-inflicted damage though. Haven't got a second's ill-will for Huddersfield, they've had a fantastic season and they're trying to keep a small squad fit for the most important games in the history of their club. 1 point from Wigan, Blackburn, QPR, Wolves and Burton is why we're staring down the barrel, not Huddersfield Town dropping Jonathan Hogg.

I'm not an advocate as such- I just think he's a manager who can motivate- who can go into a club and make the players feel like they are top of the league and get real bounce from that. I expected from three relatively straightforward games they would get the one win they need, and they have.

Looking at the table though, maybe I'm wrong. If we and Blackburn both win then a draw away at Bristol isn't enough for them.

Who knows?

Tbh I don't see any one of the three of us winning on Sunday. Draws and defeats all round. Think it'll either finish exactly as it is now, or with Forest and Blackburn swapping places.

Those Feet - 1/5/2017 09:19

Tbh I don't see any one of the three of us winning on Sunday. Draws and defeats all round. Think it'll either finish exactly as it is now, or with Forest and Blackburn swapping places.

I can imagine our ambitions rapidly reducing in scale- from starting out hoping for a thumping easy win, to hoping to maintain a draw, to desperately seeking just one single goal as the nightmare goes on

Birmingham, down to 10 men, would never have beaten a full strength Huddersfield. What happened was a disgrace and against the integrity of the league and actually the rules.

I can see our fate going down to the 90th minute, Forest being Forest, and maybe just scraping through on goal difference. I hope.

Only 2 points to make here.

1. Hudders actions are legitimate but not in the spirit of the game.

2. We are exactly where we should be, befitting a badly run, badly owned, and mostly with a poor shower of senior players.

And I still think we'll survive, hopefully helped by a cheering crowd.

If it turns out to be Div 1 I'll still be supporting.

While I agree, ORF, the players are far better than the table reflects in my opinion. We are massive under achievers.

The reasons for this are many but for starters, very poor management from the top down (particularly in the PM era), massive injuries and a lack of 'heart' at the club right now (again due to ownership issues).

A clusterfook of a season and no mistake.

forestonourwayback - 1/5/2017 11:37

While I agree, ORF, the players are far better than the table reflects in my opinion. We are massive under achievers.

The reasons for this are many but for starters, very poor management from the top down (particularly in the PM era), massive injuries and a lack of 'heart' at the club right now (again due to ownership issues).

A clusterfook of a season and no mistake.

Well foowb you're better placed than me regarding the players abilities and I can only go on what I read and hear but don't doubt your opinion. What a rotten season after so many others of the same style. I'm still optimistic that we'll survive and with MW in charge think we'll do much better next time round.
You would really have to be a long time Forest supporter to feel like this!

:14:

Old Red Fart - 1/5/2017 07:21

Only 2 points to make here.

1. Hudders actions are legitimate but not in the spirit of the game.

2. We are exactly where we should be, befitting a badly run, badly owned, and mostly with a poor shower of senior players.

And I still think we'll survive, hopefully helped by a cheering crowd.

If it turns out to be Div 1 I'll still be supporting.

This

Lashing out at other clubs who have done nothing more than look after their own interests is pretty sad.

There's only one club to blame for our plight, and the main protagonists in this farce have been the players themselves.

Some of the players have just not been good enough, they are not the real culprits though; the players with the so called reputations are the guilty bastards that have dragged this club down.

What I witnessed on Saturday was an absolute disgrace; lack of effort, lack of interest, downright ineptitude and incompetence; a game that could have decided our league future ended up defining our whole fooking season.