U23 vs Birmingham at BDTBL, 14:00 KO | Vital Football

U23 vs Birmingham at BDTBL, 14:00 KO

FatherKnowsBest

Vital Football Hero
I'll probably have chance to pop into the Copthorne for a quick G+T before the game, if anyone else is going. Otherwise see you in the cheap seats.

(free to S/Ticket holders, £3 others)

I'll probably have chance to pop into the Copthorne for a quick G+T before the game, if anyone else is going. Otherwise see you in the cheap seats.

(free to S/Ticket holders, £3 others)
Not cheap seats today Pops,i was told on Satdi entrance is through the Platinum suite and that means the comfy seats.UTCB

Hoping to make it but circumstances may get the better of me today fingers crossed anyway

So, just back home. Game ended 1-0, which after 35 minutes looked highly unlikely. We were second to the ball,and out-muscled from the off. Still, the lads stuck at it, got a bit of encouragement at the end of the first half, and came out a different team second half.

So, a bit more exciting after the break, United playing a bit more on the counter and finally getting the ball forwards with intent. Finally after a good save by Eastwood, United finally got their chance, a good cross by Jordon Hallam which Gomis got on the end of for a right foot finish from four feet. Cue a lot of pressure from Birmingham, but the lads dug very deep and won a lot of battles to keep them out.

Few other words, about our lady ref who, we worked out, was giving every third foul as a free kick. Nice to see Rod and Bully, Biggles also in attendance so I'm told. Didn't see Redders. Last word. No Bovril. Really..? Fecks sake United...

Sorry I missed you FKB. I also missed Rod because he wasn’t wearing his normal flat cap. I had a nice chat with Bully though.
A lot of scouts from other clubs there today, although I doubt if they saw anything of great interest.
I was told before the game that we had a trialist from West Ham playing for us today. As the only 2 I hadn’t seen before were the numbers 4 & 11, I assume it was one of them (or perhaps we had 2 trialists). Both never really got into the game 1st half, but were more involved in the second and it was one of them who scored.
Difficult to judge on today’s game, but I think both would be worth a second look.

So, just back home. Game ended 1-0, which after 35 minutes looked highly unlikely. We were second to the ball,and out-muscled from the off. Still, the lads stuck at it, got a bit of encouragement at the end of the first half, and came out a different team second half.

So, a bit more exciting after the break, United playing a bit more on the counter and finally getting the ball forwards with intent. Finally after a good save by Eastwood, United finally got their chance, a good cross by Jordon Hallam which Gomis got on the end of for a right foot finish from four feet. Cue a lot of pressure from Birmingham, but the lads dug very deep and won a lot of battles to keep them out.

Few other words, about our lady ref who, we worked out, was giving every third foul as a free kick. Nice to see Rod and Bully, Biggles also in attendance so I'm told. Didn't see Redders. Last word. No Bovril. Really..? Fecks sake United...
She wern't half as bad as the last 3 twats that we've had at BDBL tho Pops.Dunt think Redders was theer but i had Bully sat at back of me in't first half then i had him removed pity was poor owd Bigglenaldo had to put up wi him for the 2nd half.:giggle: Bigglenaldo our Gertie wasn't gunna let me go t'match if i dint wear a Wolly hat.:giggle: UTCB

Scouts sat all around me and biggles 2nd half,obviously trying to glean some pearls of wisdom from us so we kept it low key as if we were talkin to rod :clown: nice to put a face to a name FKB and good to see rod even if he was in disguise
As for the game FKB has pretty much nailed it we never looked like scoring especially 1st half but 1 decent ball in the box and somehow we were in front,tbf Brum didn’t trouble Eastwood either a wholly forgettable game but nice to meet up with some folk off here

She wern't half as bad as the last 3 twats that we've had at BDBL tho Pops.Dunt think Redders was theer but i had Bully sat at back of me in't first half then i had him removed pity was poor owd Bigglenaldo had to put up wi him for the 2nd half.:giggle: Bigglenaldo our Gertie wasn't gunna let me go t'match if i dint wear a Wolly hat.:giggle: UTCB
Only wollys can wear wolly hats !

Sorry I missed you FKB. I also missed Rod because he wasn’t wearing his normal flat cap. I had a nice chat with Bully though.
A lot of scouts from other clubs there today, although I doubt if they saw anything of great interest.
I was told before the game that we had a trialist from West Ham playing for us today. As the only 2 I hadn’t seen before were the numbers 4 & 11, I assume it was one of them (or perhaps we had 2 trialists). Both never really got into the game 1st half, but were more involved in the second and it was one of them who scored.
Difficult to judge on today’s game, but I think both would be worth a second look.

Likewise... it'll have to be another time. I think you're right about the trialists. Don't recall seeing either of them before. I've seen quite a few trialists now, and I must say I feel sorry for them. They all look shocked at how hard our lads work.

I really liked the look of the Birmingham 11 Olly McCoy. Thought he had a touch of pace and star quality.

Likewise... it'll have to be another time. I think you're right about the trialists. Don't recall seeing either of them before. I've seen quite a few trialists now, and I must say I feel sorry for them. They all look shocked at how hard our lads work.

I really liked the look of the Birmingham 11 Olly McCoy. Thought he had a touch of pace and star quality.

I know his Dad,Van,good at hustling