Tzolis | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tzolis

I dont agree with that, rooney was up to it at the age of 15 wasnt it!? Its about application, desire, etc etc
For me a lot of it does depend on the coaching, exposure, the player himself, and level of club too.

I had plenty of friends who were really good at football got scouted for clubs like arsenal and spurs but they were either not mentally ready or the clubs they did end up going to just didn't progress them enough. One school friend was so good at football had Palace, Charlton and Spurs watching him he ended up at Wimbledon (then MK Dons) at the age 11 it didn't help his progress and his career went down the toilet - he went to Lewes after 5 years at the dons and then disappeared into the lower lower leagues (Chipstead FC and then the Austin Aztex). His mental health got screwed when all the promise of a career went.

Lots of examples of good young players under age of 21 who got/getting/will (be) even better (mature) at 21.

Rooney
Bellingham
Rice
Foden
Sancho
Haaland
James
Mount
Musiala
Elliott

Sorry I am going for the brits - I know there are lots abroad but I am rushing.

He was also good enough, as they say if your good enough your old enough, age doesnt matter. I just dont think the hype about this kid is justified albeit he hasnt had much game time, but that in itself speaks volumes

I think Tzolis was bought for the future and not this season.
A good season or two out of Rashica and then sell him with Tzolis as the replacement.

The trouble with these young players is that they are expected to be up to it and ready from the get go. Rooney was in a Manchester United team that would win most games with or without him and were guaranteed a top 3 finish regardless what he did or didnt do. In a Club like ours - we are scouting them and then expecting them to be the stars to keep us in the most difficult league in the world. It's not fair on them really - but we are skint and its all we can do. I'm sure in 3-4 years a lot of our younger lads will be half decent at this level given the right coaching and experience. Our problem is we don't have the luxury of that time.