Tyler Walker | Vital Football

Tyler Walker

Imps2018

Vital 1st Team Regular
Twitter and Echo seem convinced he’s joining us on loan. To be announced later today?

Would only be our backup I think to Akinde I think.

26 goals last season but has been poor in league 1 previously.

Is a loan wasted money? If we sign him I’d much prefer a permanent transfer similar to Grant for fees with Walker also taking lower wages (50% if his reported wages are true) to show desire to play.

i'm pretty sure the club would prefer that scenario aswell. as that is off the cards, and we can't afford a fee, the only other way to get him in is via a loan.

I'll wait until/if he signs but whether it is Walker or another player, whoever it is will be a different type to JA. That opens up the option of playing two up front or setting up the lone striker to suit playing different opposition styles and game situations. Time will tell but I can see JA becoming a stalwart for away games and a Walker style player being preferred for home matches.

Twitter and Echo seem convinced he’s joining us on loan. To be announced later today?

Is a loan wasted money? If we sign him I’d much prefer a permanent transfer similar to Grant for fees with Walker also taking lower wages (50% if his reported wages are true) to show desire to play.

Also being broadcast in the Coventry local rag, who he was also linked to.

Poor in L1 previously? Three goals in 12 games as a raw kid, of which only six were starts, is not too shabby. The lad is a quality striker and a season long loan move looks a great bit of business should it come off.

Would be a fantastic signing if we get him, but I agree with other comments we don't want a "star" player on a higher wage platform than the rest. We're a team

Poor in L1 previously? Three goals in 12 games as a raw kid, of which only six were starts, is not too shabby. The lad is a quality striker and a season long loan move looks a great bit of business should it come off.

I remember seeing him play when he was at Port Vale and normally he couldn’t even get in the team. And seeing him was a bit of an exaggeration, he only appeared a couple of times.

The time at Mansfield will have developed his game, enough though?

Walker is far more clinical than Akinde. No way would he be a back up. I accept they’re completely different types of players but we will require a goal scorer in league one. Therefore, we need both.

If this is the case it's going to go down well at Mansfield isn't it? What with all their ex-players who've been ending up here

Those fans of theirs who are still allowed access to the internet under court order are going to be all over the forum.

Danny's quite big on development of players, and there'll be all that "Forest have entrusted us to his development"; if he doesn't develop into the player that Forest want, they'll offload him, and if he does well here the likelihood is that he'll be easier to sign permanently, and for cheaper. Then we'll all be saying what a great bit of business.

If he doesn't develop and doesnt do too well for us we'll be sending him back if we can; although i doubt this scenario will occur as Danny's more diligent tha that?

Honestly can’t believe people are questioning Danny bringing in a 26 goal a season striker from the league we’ve just come from. If this fails to impress you then quite frankly nothing will given the size of our budget and the fact that he may be turning down a far bigger club than us.

might be jumping the gun here......not yet signed
box player.....likes to take pens too..............bunfight with JA pending
linking up with Jorge Grant,presume some play patterns already known.