TuBBz's Mobile Phone Thread | Page 86 | Vital Football

TuBBz's Mobile Phone Thread

Agreed Benham - looks awesome. Maybe it's a bit overkill, if that is possible.

Asus have a new phone that is pretty standard, except it slots into a 10" tablet as well. Instead of 2 separate devices, the phone just gets a bigger screen and battery when you need it. Clever idea.

i temp go for Samsung Galaxy S3 with THREE - "the one plan", so it is can use tether to laptop or tablet. save money that spend MIFI. i have to wait for my crap iphone 3gs 24 months contract finish october

also i think Samsung Galaxy do DC-HSPA ? is it correct or i mis-read it ? if yeh, mean FAST upload and download that normal hspa :) look forward it :)

Does the one-plan allow tethering Danny? I can't remember what 3 told me about it. I know my unlimited internet with them doesn't.

Gotta say, I'm having far better performance with 3 than I have other networks!

murph, there go, info about the one plan, there contract

http://www.store-3.co.uk/3-the-one-plan.html

Starting at just £25 a month for a Pay Monthly SIM, The One Plan does away with fair usage allowances by giving you an unbeatable package of 2000 any network minutes that can be used at any time, 5000 Three-to-Three minutes for calling your friends or family, 5000 any network texts, and lastly Unlimited mobile internet with free tethering! You can tether or use your phone as a modem on all our One Plan tariffs including SIM Only with a 1-month rolling contract.

"lastly unlimited mobile internet withfree tethering" i guess it is mean capacity tether with not add chargers. u can use phone as "mifi" just pay phone and wifi direct and tether it with unlimited mobile internet

i am done research - "NO jurgon market apply with three (3) - unlimited mean UNLIMITED.... where other market ie O2 or orange say unlimited usaully mean 1gb internet and 1000 text, 1000 mins called or over pay add with hide fee"

pay as go and pay monthly contract rolling every 1 months to me are same rules, pay as go use card top up which pay monthly only different way to pay..

i am not best person ask... just try help :)

that why i recommend the one plan i think it is brilliant deal for £25 pounds really good price to be fair.

phone + mifi = waste money

phone + phone "tether" = save money

be fair on mifi bright sight it is more powerfully speed that phone normal can... my thought, say "what a point if phone can "do" mifi job. pay doodle or mifi for add price, when tether can save your penny. "the one plan only do it, where other network limited to 1gb"

murph - 22/5/2012 19:21

Thanks Danny.

I feel a little sick now, iPhone or Samsung S2 on that kinda deal.

your welcome, i glad to help.... i was plan samsung s3 or Sony Xperia S, other phone with this sim deal.. maybe iphone 4s, (i am go big screen cos multi-task include sat-nav 4.2 to 4.8 are good size plus app are 3x save money that stand-alone sat nav) and sky go too)

samsung note i think it is WAY big for phone but prefer size for both phone and mini-tablet.

Benham - 22/5/2012 16:15

Tubbz you still in the game? If so, Samsung galaxy s3??

It's gonna be a wicked phone but even I have baulked at the size and I don't mind a big phone

It's only very slightly bigger than my Galaxy Nexus and I don't find the size a problem at all.

... but then I'm used to handling big things. ;-)

DeanoVilla - 23/5/2012 13:11

It's only very slightly bigger than my Galaxy Nexus and I don't find the size a problem at all.

... but then I'm used to handling big things. ;-)

Suitcases?

Tubbz, was looking at an S2 on the One plan, and it might be even cheaper once the S3 is released. Also considering the S3, but size also an issue to be considered. Is the S3 that much a better phone, and more importantly how do 3 rate as a network/on customer service when you need them? Currently on Orange and have loads of dropped calls. Cheers

danny_villaman - 22/5/2012 19:46

Thanks Danny.

your welcome, i glad to help.... i was plan samsung s3 or Sony Xperia S, other phone with this sim deal.. maybe iphone 4s, (i am go big screen cos multi-task include sat-nav 4.2 to 4.8 are good size plus app are 3x save money that stand-alone sat nav) and sky go too)

samsung note i think it is WAY big for phone but prefer size for both phone and mini-tablet.

If you buy the one plan via 'quidco' you could also get £160 cashback as well, but you have to be quick as the deal expires soon.

upthevilla - 24/5/2012 00:18

Tubbz, was looking at an S2 on the One plan, and it might be even cheaper once the S3 is released. Also considering the S3, but size also an issue to be considered. Is the S3 that much a better phone, and more importantly how do 3 rate as a network/on customer service when you need them? Currently on Orange and have loads of dropped calls. Cheers

All I can say is the S2 is so good, I nearly don't need a laptop. Simply awesome phone. The best in the market ATM.

upthevilla - 24/5/2012 23:48

danny_villaman - 22/5/2012 19:46

Thanks Danny.

If you buy the one plan via 'quidco' you could also get £160 cashback as well, but you have to be quick as the deal expires soon.

i didn't know that offer.... my contract is expired in oct! :( i hope it is still hold this offer... untill oct. thanks point me this out.

Fickle as I am .... iphone 3gs on way to Mizuma .... Have gone Galaxy S2 ....... can I come back on the thread now?

:)

My phone is three years old now and I don't even have data on my plan.

I would consider getting a new one but I'm holding out until the WinPhone 8's are out, hopefully later in the year.

Got the S3 on Tuesday nyom nyom.

Ironically my HTC Desire flatlined(internal chip died possibly) the day before S3 release.

Free on a 2 year NZ$90/month which I write off as a contractor anyway.

Quite pleased, just waiting for cases to arrive in the shops.