TuBBz's Mobile Phone Thread | Page 82 | Vital Football

TuBBz's Mobile Phone Thread

DeanoVilla - 1/11/2011 14:45

I've just added the iPhone 4 to my potential upgrade list having looked at the current prices on Three.

I have 4 phones on my list and it all depends what Three are willing to do on my current £25 per month tarriff. I'll flat refuse to pay anymore.

Not upgrading till Jan but currently my hit list is -

1. Samsung Galaxy Nexus
2. Samsung Galaxy 2
3. iPhone 4
4. Sony Erricson Arc S

Be funny if I ended up with the iPhone now, but I did always say the only thing putting me off was the price. If Three refuse to give me either of the first 2 for £25 per month but let me have an iPhone I'd have no issues with that.

You do realise that is the old iPhone, not the new one? All the others are far more up to date, and have features such as 4g which is due to go nationwide in the UK soon. You can get the Galaxy S2 for £26 pm with O2, so hopefully you can get it in budget. Definetely the best phone currently available.

DeanoVilla - 1/11/2011 14:45

I've just added the iPhone 4 to my potential upgrade list having looked at the current prices on Three.

I have 4 phones on my list and it all depends what Three are willing to do on my current £25 per month tarriff. I'll flat refuse to pay anymore.

Not upgrading till Jan but currently my hit list is -

1. Samsung Galaxy Nexus
2. Samsung Galaxy 2
3. iPhone 4
4. Sony Erricson Arc S

Be funny if I ended up with the iPhone now, but I did always say the only thing putting me off was the price. If Three refuse to give me either of the first 2 for £25 per month but let me have an iPhone I'd have no issues with that.

Nexus has no removable memory card mate and SE are shocking at bringing out updates.

No HTC Sensation on that list. One of the top phones only beaten by the s2.

I'm put off by the weight of the Sensation. Seems to me to be a pretty bulky piece of kit.

Having said that the Sensation XE does have some pretty impressive stats. Most powerful battery and fastest processor, as well as Beats Audio, so that could be a contender.

It's just I find my HTC Hero pretty heavy and the Sensation is 40g heavier. Whereas the S2 is light as a feather.

I have an S2 it is quite orgasmic. Does anyone know how to get predictive text/auto correct on SMS? Also copying my contacts from the phone over to gmail?

The Galaxy Nexus has a bug apparently. The volume just drops randomly all the time so you can't hear the person at the other end of the line.

What with this, coupled with Apples many fuck ups, such as the anttena that lost signal if you held the phone, it begs the question.... do any of these damn things actually get tested before being sold to the public?

Had a look earlier at whats about, honestly can't see much that out shines my DHD on the market

Upgrade ain't until july anyway so.........

All the best things in the world take a bit of fine tuning before they are perfected.

You think the first man to recieve a blow job didn't suffer a bit of a flesh wound?

DeanoVilla - 1/12/2011 14:57

All the best things in the world take a bit of fine tuning before they are perfected.

You think the first man to recieve a blow job didn't suffer a bit of a flesh wound?

Considering it was a caveman, this doesn't count

However i'll lake a look at the nexus now to compare. That being said in 7 months there will be new stuff on the market, so infact i won't bother now.

Cheers

Wise move Benham.

I thought I was due for an upgrade 6 months ago... turns out I wasn't, so I've just been torturing myself for 6 months.

In that time I've gone from the DHD to the Sensation, to the SE Arc, Galaxy S2, to the SE Arc S and now on to the Galaxy Nexus.

Only 1 more month to go though. WoohoO!

Looking at the Xperia Arc S...any views...or alternatives?

Don't want to spend anymore than about £25 on a contract.

Gotta say I've looked at the S2!

HTC I'm not happy with anymore, as you may as well buy shares in the electricity company the amount of times my HD2 needed re-charing!

If you can get the S2 for £25 per month go for it.

If not the Arc S is a very good altenative. Very sharp screen, great camera, looks the dogs nut sack. Only problem is it is single core.

DeanoVilla - 7/12/2011 13:37

If you can get the S2 for £25 per month go for it.

If not the Arc S is a very good altenative. Very sharp screen, great camera, looks the dogs nut sack. Only problem is it is single core.

Sony are also shocking at releasing updates!! Just ask TuBBz.

I've ordered a SE Xperia Ray for my missus which should be arriving tomorrow.

It only has to do the basics along with allow her to 'check in' on Faceache now and then.

She liked the look of it and the last SE I had some years ago (an 800i) was a stalwart device so I felt comfortable ordering her one.

I'm dreading showing her how to use it though.

I could do with a new phone too but I'm doing my usual of waiting for the next big thing.

I fancied a Nokia Lumia 800 but with Windows 8 just around the corner I don't want to jump and within 12 months be wishing I'd waited for WinPhone8.

I want have S2 and Nexus.... i am not sure which i go for .... i want it for replace my phone crappy 3gs. and i not fan of IOS 5 cos i felt it sort of lack of custom and resiction some app ie some usa have it and uk not have it. plus i use google service which are limit on iphone..

if i wait bit longer good chance i see S3 and Sony Erisson Xperia Cloud, Sony Xperia new title.

if your want short term so Neo or Neo V is good all-round cheap also when ICS upgrade will way better and good price values they will drop to about 200 pounds ish by march (rough) untill more new phone come in so u easy make decision afterward.