đź’° Transfers - Summer 2023 | Page 224 | Vital Football

đź’° Transfers - Summer 2023

Hanguy, Hojberg and Hugo out please.
The outgoings are still to be finalised so it's not yet clear who will stay or who will go in this window. My estimation is we'll see as many as 4 or 5 exit over the coming weeks which would allow either the youngsters, who should not be forgotten & the likes of loanees to come into the new dynamic.
Tanguy, lloris and Sanchez need to go just to get us down to the quota limit. Hojbjerg going on top of that only opens 1 space

Hugo and Hojbjerg feel like sure things for outgoings. Ndombele seems to be getting bids from Fenerbache, but I swear our deadwood get bids from Turkish sides every window and it never seems to come to anything. That leaves Tanganga, Sanchez, Spence & Reguilon who need to be moved on.

It doesn't feel like we're getting rid of enough with that list. I'd add Austin and Sessegnon to that list as well, but injuries screwed us. White out on loan?

Hugo and Hojbjerg feel like sure things for outgoings. Ndombele seems to be getting bids from Fenerbache, but I swear our deadwood get bids from Turkish sides every window and it never seems to come to anything. That leaves Tanganga, Sanchez, Spence & Reguilon who need to be moved on.

It doesn't feel like we're getting rid of enough with that list. I'd add Austin and Sessegnon to that list as well, but injuries screwed us. White out on loan?
I'd keep Sanchez.
There is a player there. Somewhere.

I would like to see 1 more quality CB come in, at least that should push Dier and Sanchez down the pecking order and reduce their chances of getting regular minutes on the pitch.
This is a fresh start for the club and some of the old gaurd have not done enough over the last couple of seasons to justify being part of this rebuild.

Why does keeping him instead of Dier mean he will play LCB? I'd have him as backup to Romero instead of Dier being backup to Romero.
That's where we have tended to play him of late, both Conte and Ange, when we have had what I think are more naturals for the position available. I agree, he is only suitable as a back up for Romero so if he stays then play him when needed there, not on his 'wrong side' where he has been awful in the main.

That's where we have tended to play him of late, both Conte and Ange, when we have had what I think are more naturals for the position available. I agree, he is only suitable as a back up for Romero so if he stays then play him when needed there, not on his 'wrong side' where he has been awful in the main.
With Micky in maybe another leftie I can't see Sanchez or Dier playing LCB again for us.

Looks like Davies is ahead of both as well.

Have you considered that the club have done their due diligence on VdV and may know a little more about him than you do?

Citing players like Gvardiol is pointless because a) he has the pick of all the top clubs which is why he went to City b) he's way outside of the transfer fee and salary structure that we could pay.

These sort of players who have been regulars and proven themselves for a number of seasons are very unlikely to come to a club like us right now. That's the reality. The profile of a player like VdV is exactly what we should be looking at.

I am not saying we can sign Gvardiol. I am saying people say we have a top class cb when really he is not proven that yet. All I have gathered about him through watching him is he is very fast and tall. I know he has more to him than that but as of yet he is yet to get a international call up and apart from 1 season playing for Wolfsburg he is unproven and a huge gamble.

Gent brought him in to replace Jonathon David who is now at Lille and been looked at by most of Europes top clubs now. Not to mention a big transfer to SA.

Interestingly, Orban has 21 goals in 21 games for Gent so far.

David scored 30 goals in 60 games for Gent before moving to Lille where he has 52 goals in 112 games.

Orban could be worth a fortune in a couple of seasons time.

The Belgian league has produced some very good strikers in recent seasons. Openda has just moved to RB Leipzig for €45m, after a season at Lens. He was with Club Brugge prior to that.

He looks such a talent and is really stepping his game up. Will be attracting some elite clubs soon so we should jump in before we are no longer attractive to him

Given a choice, I'd sooner keep Sanchez than Dier in an Ange team. Dier doesn't have any of the qualities to be a high line CB.
Sanchez has the ability to play any sort of system , High line , deep defensive , man to man Marking , Zonal marking , RCB , LCB , CB ..

The only problem is , he is a bit like Eric Morecambe playing the piano , all the right notes / attributes ,………………. just never in the right order , or how anybody expects them to be .

I am not saying we can sign Gvardiol. I am saying people say we have a top class cb when really he is not proven that yet. All I have gathered about him through watching him is he is very fast and tall. I know he has more to him than that but as of yet he is yet to get a international call up and apart from 1 season playing for Wolfsburg he is unproven and a huge gamble.
Isn’t this what teams like Brighton and Brentford have been doing and we have aspired to copy ?

How many of their signings have come in for 10 m and been sold for a lot lot more .. ,, their strategy is to sell
… ours isn’t ..