Transfers - Summer 2021 | Page 37 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2021

We all fall for the spin every season.
The club say there is no need to sell the best players and we will learn from mistakes of previous seasons.
As we all know players have to be sold if they want to go, however Emi went before the window even opened and 2 weeks later we do not have any sign of a replacement. As for learning from mistakes in the pitch, the only lessons to be learnt are to provide the manager with the players good enough to survive.

At the moment the fixtures are out, pre season less than 3 weeks away, first friendly just 4 weeks off and 9 weeks from opening game and the first team squad is
4 players weaker than last season with another quality player on his way.

Even the most optimistic of fans ( Rex ? ) cannot be happy.

Angus Gunn has medical booked at NCFC on Monday, £2.5m initial fee rising to £5.5m. Could reach £10m with clauses - according to Hampshire Live.

Good player, good prospect and a very good price. The Ralf Fahrmann deal cost a reported £2m in wages and a £1m loan fee. A decent backup keeper is crucial.

YB. Sadly all the sheep like fans who went onto clubs Instragram post and said she is a brilliant owner and argued with my responses.
Lacking in education ? Not understanding modern football ? Sharing Smiffs total lack of ambition ? Any of these but all these fans are contributing towards the imminent relegation.

Why pay wages and NIC. for a month or two (May and June) when the players are not playing? Get them in for pre season.

When Tettey and Vrancic come off the payroll at the end of the month then it will free up a couple more slots on the payroll. It would be great if we could offload players such as Drimic, Leitner, Trybull and Klose who are costing alot of money.

Selling clubs may be waiting to see what bids they get rather than accept an early bid.

Euros, World Cups etc, usually cause what appears to be a quiet period.

I expect any free transfers to be signed near the end of June or early July as players will not want to be out of contract for long (BTW., yes please to Smith from AFC Bournemouth - good spot FC Bears. Got any more?).

Do you think we have been engaging in DOOMcaster style enquiries?

In my humble opinion we sell too quickly and takes ages to sign new players.
The long process usually commences with leaks to press and we should be hearing rumours of signings probably happening just before pre season training.
They are not happening yet and I am getting impatient.

Last edited:
Happy with Gunn. Local lad and city fan. Good back up and future number 1. Probably means the end for oxborough. We have good young gks about too.

Krul will need to be on his game as we will have a good number 2.

We a rent going to spend that much on one player apparently. There were reports from sports media outlets in Blackburn that they were asking for 8 million for Armstrong if true then we decided that was too much...that is a worry

So we are expecting to replace Emi for under £ 8 million !
This is pathetic even by Smiffs crap standards.

Last edited:
Fxxxxx crazy if were going to attempt the same BS recruiting policy again this time, i get the self funding bit but you still have to reinvest with most things in life.

We a rent going to spend that much on one player apparently. There were reports from sports media outlets in Blackburn that they were asking for 8 million for Armstrong if true then we decided that was too much...that is a worry
8m is nothing in todays market

Why not try lure dutch guy, dumfries from psv, 25yo his buyout is 13m apparently, RB to replace aarons

Have you been drinking? Come on this is little old Norwich you are posting about.

£6m - £8m is our range for defenders....rumours are that we are ahead of Newcastle in the race for Ajer of Celtic. Price is £6m. There is also a German club interested.