Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 61 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

Who has turned into a very good player....and is set to return to the PL..

Not disputing it, but as per ususal barely given a chance with us. Watched him play last week, was impressive.

EDIT

ps., ....and Pritchard too had a great game.

It was an interesting week at full back for Leeds. Spence gets dropped from the squad and Sam Byram (who is a RB by trade) starts at LB after injury and goes off after 18 mins. Firpo, who has also had injury woes, then comes on and gets an 8.7 rating with 2 assists.

In the mean time they played a 17 year old midfielder, Archie Gray, at RB. He is part of that Gray family, including club legend Eddie.

Now they're linked with Josh Doig, a 21 year old Scot, playing in Serie A. Rangers want him as well.

lol - we should send them Reggie or Sess. It would be good to see Leeds back in the PL.
Farke basically said nothing after promising to be more forthcoming....

"don't want to talk too much right now about Djed because he's back at Tottenham.

We wanted to create new values and culture at the club when we came in the summer.

We wanted Djed in our group to represent Leeds. Our standards are very high. We are pretty picky.

There is no player in the world that is perfect. Each player has strengths and weaknesses. We have to decide who we want.

We have analysed what has happened in the recent months and it is the right decision for us as a club to end the loan.

As long as I am here and in charge, I want us to handle the situation with class and style. We thank Djed for his service and work. We wish him all the best. He's a cool guy with lots of potential. He has got a big heart. He's a really good player but for us it was definitely the right call for us at this moment.

It was not an easy decision. He came in pretty late and then he suffered a long-term injury that kept him out for eight and a half weeks. He was unlucky.

These lads don't need any sympathy. They live a privileged life and earn so much money. Sometimes it is a bit difficult and they are unlucky."

Farke basically said nothing after promising to be more forthcoming....

"don't want to talk too much right now about Djed because he's back at Tottenham.

We wanted to create new values and culture at the club when we came in the summer.

We wanted Djed in our group to represent Leeds. Our standards are very high. We are pretty picky.

There is no player in the world that is perfect. Each player has strengths and weaknesses. We have to decide who we want.

We have analysed what has happened in the recent months and it is the right decision for us as a club to end the loan.

As long as I am here and in charge, I want us to handle the situation with class and style. We thank Djed for his service and work. We wish him all the best. He's a cool guy with lots of potential. He has got a big heart. He's a really good player but for us it was definitely the right call for us at this moment.

It was not an easy decision. He came in pretty late and then he suffered a long-term injury that kept him out for eight and a half weeks. He was unlucky.

These lads don't need any sympathy. They live a privileged life and earn so much money. Sometimes it is a bit difficult and they are unlucky."
A very diplomatic response....understandably.

But the key takeaway being, he didn't fit what Farke is trying to develop there. Leeds continue to be a young, energetic and a hungry team. As an onlooker, it worries me that he couldn't cut it at a club knocking on the re-entry door to the PL.

A very diplomatic response....understandably.

But the key takeaway being, he didn't fit what Farke is trying to develop there. Leeds continue to be a young, energetic and a hungry team. As an onlooker, it worries me that he couldn't cut it at a club knocking on the re-entry door to the PL.

I don't believe they had an option to buy him at the end of the loan, so my guess is that they might just have another (cheaper? Option)...by all accounts, there was nothing coming back from the fans or club about a poor attitude.

Realistically, i would assume at the moment we'd look for another loan for him for the rest of the season and then make a decision about his future in the summer.

A bit more from Farke:

"Obviously it's important, the potential and quality of the player but also professionalism and discipline on and off the pitch and also if he's positive and committed, good for the group and engaged with these topics."

A bit more from Farke:

"Obviously it's important, the potential and quality of the player but also professionalism and discipline on and off the pitch and also if he's positive and committed, good for the group and engaged with these topics."

Wonder how much Farke practiced in front of the mirror for his famous speech.

Nobody is convinced that Spence isn't well and truly on the naughty step.

Even if they are buying a new full-back, with the current injuries they have it doesn't make sense to release a player that actually has Championship promotion on his CV unless something else is going on.

I bet Djed, our "club signing" wished he took that offer to sign a contract at Forest 18 months ago.

From Romano:

The release clauses into Dybala’s Roma contract.
€12m release clause active now until January 15.
If Italian clubs trigger clause, decision up to Roma.
If club from abroad trigger clause, decision up to Paulo.

Maybe Deki needs to tap up his buddy!!!

Would you take him???

We have enough injury worries.

RE: Djed... They paid us 1m fee for a season loan, covering his wages, with no option or obligation. He was always coming back.

Super talented, and would be a real bonus should he find a fit in this system. A curious situation gets curiouser.

Leeds are possibly looking at Charlie Taylor, maybe.