Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 57 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

Chelsea don't want Gallagher to move until the summer, and even then might offer a big/ long enough new deal, if he'll stay and fight for a starting place - the key issue for Chelsea could still be Sustainability rules.

Chelsea still have a few players they could move on, but a sale of Gallagher could offset all those risks of penalties.

His preferred destination, if he stays in the PL, is Spurs.

All that is accordingly to someone I know who works closely with his agents.
Well he is a commited player as far as I can see...aggressive bordering on dirty!

Genoa are now demanding €30-35M for the centre-back, despite his agent claiming it was around €25M.

The two clubs are set to meet in the next few hours to find an agreement after Spurs bid just under €25M.

[La Repubblica]

Yeah we even had a window where we didn't spend at all out of fear of overspending.

How well did that go?
lol... not too well.

Ironically we do tend to fare a lot better with signings when we don't push the boat out. Look at all of our big buys, not one has really set the world on fire.

VdV, Bale, Hugo, Harry, Vic, & Son are amongst some of the very best signings we've made in the last few years & not one of their transfer fees was what you would call earth shattering, certainly not when compared to the likes of Tanguy, Loco or Rich who have generally fared quite poorly.

lol... not too well.

Ironically we do tend to fare a lot better with signings when we don't push the boat out. Look at all of our big buys, not one has really set the world on fire.

VdV, Bale, Hugo, Harry, Vic, & Son are amongst some of the very best signings we've made in the last few years & not one of their transfer fees was what you would call earth shattering, certainly not when compared to the likes of Tanguy, Loco or Rich who have generally fared quite poorly.

Ofc bargains are bargains. Same goes for kulu and benta.

However bargains are harder to find. Especially for some positions, namely CB and CF.

Ofc bargains are bargains. Same goes for kulu and benta.

However bargains are harder to find. Especially for some positions, namely CB and CF.
We've spent big money already or that's what i've been led to believe.

Didn't Porro cost us an arm & a leg? Both Romero & VdV were pricy too.

Dragon or whatever the hell he's called is held in high regard & as such we'll probably have to pay a hefty premium for his services as well. If we don't get him we'll move on, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Keeping Dier however...

We've spent big money already or that's what i've been led to believe.

Didn't Porro cost us an arm & a leg? Both Romero & VdV were pricy too.

Dragon or whatever the hell he's called is held in high regard & as such we'll probably have to pay a hefty premium for his services as well. If we don't get him we'll move on, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Keeping Dier however...

At this point in time, £30mill is a moderate fee.

If we're negotiating to squeeze money to get a player elsewhere that's fine. If it's ego negotiating, it isn't.

Chelsea don't want Gallagher to move until the summer, and even then might offer a big/ long enough new deal, if he'll stay and fight for a starting place - the key issue for Chelsea could still be Sustainability rules.

Chelsea still have a few players they could move on, but a sale of Gallagher could offset all those risks of penalties.

His preferred destination, if he stays in the PL, is Spurs.

All that is accordingly to someone I know who works closely with his agents.
Why is it that we're always surrounded by riddles when it comes to transfers?

Maddison and VDV seemed to have a lot of ball tickling involved!

So with Reguilon returning would Ange be prepared to use him or would he be deemed too brittle to play Ange-ball?
I'd say Ange-ball is no different to Ten-ball!. Ten has the same problem with his prima donna's, they don't fit the bill! Ajax were pretty fluid and expansive side under him.

Reggie was only there to provide cover for injuries.

I'd say Ange-ball is no different to Ten-ball!. Ten has the same problem with his prima donna's, they don't fit the bill! Ajax were pretty fluid and expansive side under him.

Reggie was only there to provide cover for injuries.

I guess the question also becomes whether we can or even want to register returning players like Reggie. There is a quota allowance of 17 overseas players only. I know Lloris has vacated one of those places and I have a feeling Perisic won't be fit to play that season. Then there is the potential that Hojbjerg vacates his space.

However, other players like Jota or a new centre half could easily start taking the spare slots.

Be interesting to see the squad composition at the end of the month.