Transfer Window | Page 2 | Vital Football

Transfer Window

Fair few rumours flying around that we are going in for Serhou Guirassy. Anyone heard anything?
Heard the name mentioned along with a few others but I tend not to read too much into names until they're at least having a medical. Personally can't see this one happening he's coming 28 as well. I think we'll aim younger

It’s an absolute dereliction of duty that nobody has been signed yet. I love this ownership but they aren’t beyond criticism. A striker was needed in the summer and the summer before that. A blind man on a galloping horse could see that, yet here we are, still piss farting about. A number 10 has also been required for years. Quelle surprise, no further forward on that. We have 14,000 full backs though and still decide to play a CB at LB. In addition to the 14,000 full backs, we don’t have a single right winger in the first team squad, not a single one. A Paraguayan chimp on the right wing does not constitute as having a right winger.

It’s an absolute dereliction of duty that nobody has been signed yet. I love this ownership but they aren’t beyond criticism. A striker was needed in the summer and the summer before that. A blind man on a galloping horse could see that, yet here we are, still piss farting about. A number 10 has also been required for years. Quelle surprise, no further forward on that. We have 14,000 full backs though and still decide to play a CB at LB. In addition to the 14,000 full backs, we don’t have a single right winger in the first team squad, not a single one. A Paraguayan chimp on the right wing does not constitute as having a right winger.
Desperate for a striker mate, no doubt, and I don't understand why we don't play one of our full backs....at full back either. Its not rocket science is it?

I think you could make a case for Murphy to do a good job at right wing mind. If and when he is ever fit again.

The problem is they are relying on players coming back from injury.
What guarantee is there that these players who have a history of injuries in some cases are ever going to string a decent lot of games together. They have to bite the bullet and get rid of a few while they can get money for them. Wilson, Lascelles and Longstaffe etc. spring to mind.

The biggest hurdle in us just going out signing what we want is the continued rule changing by the premier league and it being in cahoots with the usual so called 'big 6'

I think as things stand, we are just within the FFP limits but with it changing all the time there are whispers that we may be waiting and seeing if we're ok.

Another factor in things is the wage to turnover ratio and not remembering off the top of my head what the actual allowed percentage is now, I know the season where Ashley left it was 95% albeit because the Saudi's were doing some rebuilding.

We're also not sure how much wages we are paying those that are loaned out and if that lot were sold for whatever amount, then it would free up a lot in my eyes.

Players bought here under Ashley's regime on low fees but long expensive contracts like Jeff Hendrick, Ryan Fraser and Isaac Hayden remain as well as Jamal Lewis. Sell this lot and there's another 2 players we can get straight away.

Aside from the rules, with our squad quality improved dramatically post-takeover, any players we do target will take a massive chunk of wedge to get and we're hands tied at present. Quite simply.

Once our new deals are in place in the next financial year then we should see more movement but we may need a massive sale of one player to allow us to grow further and we all know who that is at present, so with that not seemingly being on the agenda then I reckon we need to accept that we're in a ball game with the authorities. Anything else is a bonus.

I don't think we'll sign anyone. At least not a player ready for the first team. (Not that Howe changes the team anyway). Almost halfway through January and not as much as a medical. Only the manager trying to manage expectations via the media. It does look like they are relying on injury prone players coming back from injury. Theres no guarantees in the January window but it has helped us massively in the past. The summer window was our worst yet. Could this one outdo it? There may be 1or 2 low key or youth signings to appease the fans but this season is looking grim. Out of the cups and we are not even attacking the top6. I think we'll finish outside the top 10 if we don't sign some quality.

There's an easy solution to this FFP lark (tongue in cheek (I think)). Just sell Bruno to one of our sister clubs for 100m, buy him back for 101m on a 5 year contract amortisation and we can then spend another 400m on other 5 year contract players. Or am I missing something?

So not only have we not strengthened the depth of the squad, now other teams are hovering over our first team players. First trippier now Wilson. Not that I would be broken hearted about losing either player but we simply don't have the depth to offload players especially first teamers. In an ideal world I'd let both these players go, we have depth at right back and Wilson only ever plays half a season at best, but we only have TWO forwards. This needs addressed!

Almiron gone. Surprising one that. Splits opinion but almiron is one of the very few players we have who rarely gets injured. Grafter and decent player I wish him well but don't think Eddie ever played him in strongest position. He was never a forward in my opinion more of an old school left winger. Needs replaced anyway. We need to start getting players in. That's 2 out already and 0 in

I quite like Almiron but if we are offered decent money he has to go. All this talk of selling our players is rubbish of course - just insert "upgrading" instead of selling and it all makes sense. A lot of our fans get way too attached to certain members of the playing staff in my view. We can't sign new players and keep the old ones as well. Our owners have made their ambitions plain - they want to win everything. How many of the current squad would get in (for example) Man C's team. Precious few I think. Maybe even none in the first 11.

Almiron works very hard for the team and is committed unfortunately he does not create or score enough and has to go. Should be easy to upgrade

Trippier to bayern Munich is off. Was never going to happen if the most bayern were ever gonna offer the same as we paid. I would have sold him but I think a lot if the "interest" is stirred up to drive an agenda. Amazing the amount of our fanbase who were saying keep him, he's coming 34. Almiron can go but we are leaving it late for,not only signing replacements but upgrading the squad. It's looking bleak

Here's another one - we have 4 goal keepers. Karius and Gillespie are out of contract end of the season. Dubravka is 35 and entering his final year so could leave in the summer as well. Pope is also the wrong side of 30 and is pretty much out for the rest of this season.

Here's another one - we have 4 goal keepers. Karius and Gillespie are out of contract end of the season. Dubravka is 35 and entering his final year so could leave in the summer as well. Pope is also the wrong side of 30 and is pretty much out for the rest of this season.
Good point mate. But for me - and as I have said before - we need a better keeper than Pope anyway to compete at the top end of the table.