Transfer Window | Vital Football

Transfer Window

The Owl

Vital 1st Team Regular
What do you think we need this Jan?
I would go for a goalkeeper, a creative midfielder and a striker as a minimum.

We need a player in each position and someone like De Gea who is a free agent and doesn't affect FFP should have already been brought in. We have needed another striker for at least 2 years. A creative midfielder and definitely a centre half.

I think the problem is we already have Tonali, Willock and Barnes on the books. All first team players and it would cost £150m+ to replace them all. Then what do we do when they are available again? Me I would sell Wilson to the highest bidder and splash out on a forward.

I think the problem is we already have Tonali, Willock and Barnes on the books. All first team players and it would cost £150m+ to replace them all. Then what do we do when they are available again? Me I would sell Wilson to the highest bidder and splash out on a forward.
The thing is we need 3 forwards or 3 goal scorers. We only have 2, which means if we sold 1 and bought 1 we would be back to square 1. I wouldn't be against selling Wilson but we need options up front. Almiron and Gordon just don't score enough

I don't think anyone is saying replace them. I think we need 3 outfield players as a minimum in addition to them.

The next 2 transfer windows will make or break Ashworth. The last window was a shocker. He has this window and the summer window. If we have a bad start next season and we are not there or thereabouts by Christmas he needs to go.

I don't think anyone is saying replace them. I think we need 3 outfield players as a minimum in addition to them.
Good point mate but I guess we would have to sell? I mean we also have Miley, Gordon, Almiron, Bruno, Anderson, Murphy expecting to get game time in those positions. I think Howe is gonna have to get tough and start replacing and upgrading players.

Good point mate but I guess we would have to sell? I mean we also have Miley, Gordon, Almiron, Bruno, Anderson, Murphy expecting to get game time in those positions. I think Howe is gonna have to get tough and start replacing and upgrading players.
We have 2 wing positions up front not including the centre forward spot. Really the only wingers we have are Gordon almiron Barnes and Murphy. Joelinton and Anderson can play both. I'm not fully convinced howe even knows where to play Anderson and it looks like he'll be a squad player for now. Joelinton is better in MF

We have 3 midfield positions. Bruno miley longstaff joelinton and Tonali. Yes we have players who can fill a hole but we are weak in strength in depth. I like Murphy but I think him and almiron could be moved on. Schar's contract is up. I think Lascelles too? Anyway we are keeping the likes of dummett just to fulfil the homegrown quota. He could be moved on as well as 1 of the goal keepers. We have 4 goal keepers. I wouldn't be against selling krafth either and/or manquillo

Why not just splash the cash. Take a 10 point hit. If we break FFP so what, we are gonna win zilch again this season
I'm pretty sure the penalty would be next season and there's no guarantee it would be 10points. Could be more depending how much you spend. I don't think the owners are gonna go down that route at this stage anyway

I don't think we will buy many this window. Many of the injured will be back this month apart from Pope.

Some of those playing now were probably kept as cover, I'm sure Barnes and Gordon are our main wingers so Admiring and Murphy would be cover. For me I think Howes got the best from Almiron and he may be sacrificed if sales are needed

My comments Rza were a 'tongue in cheek' as we are handicapped by FFP. We have some good players who aren't far away from a return to action and hopefully arrest the slide. Tonali is not available until next season as we know but I saw enough of him against Villa at the start of the season to think he is going to be a shrewd buy if he has done what was required since the revelation about his gambling addiction. Far too much has been asked of Miley because of lack of availability in midfield and some of the players we would like to move on have been too expensive for other clubs to buy. Not because of the fee but the wages.

I think Ashworth will leave this month.
Obvious we need transfers but we will be less of an attraction to many top players without being in Europe, which I do not think we will be.
we cannot rely on players who spend most of their time in the treatment room.
There is something not right in the medical dept.
Meanwhile other sides will strengthen regardless

I think Ashworth will leave this month.
Obvious we need transfers but we will be less of an attraction to many top players without being in Europe, which I do not think we will be.
we cannot rely on players who spend most of their time in the treatment room.
There is something not right in the medical dept.
Meanwhile other sides will strengthen regardless
I think Ashworth will be off as well. He can spend what he wants at Man U unhindered by the fucking ffp rules they have put in to stop the rest of us. Makes progress slow but we will get there.

I was reading that Forest are at risk of FFP charge for overspending and Everton could face a second charge. The new rules that came into force to curb any chance of us splashing the cash seems to have affected clubs who previously were just making the numbers up or is it my cynical nature?