Transfer Window Summer 2023 | Page 7 | Vital Football

Transfer Window Summer 2023

Trybull has asked to be kept informed of any interest in him.
The nerve of the bloke. Played 3 games, not all of them full now wants away. Explains why he wasn't in the squad on Saturday. Get shut, good riddance

Blackpool are making a bid of £500,000 for Crystal Palace’s young forward Scott Banks, according to journalist Alan Nixon on a post via his Patreon.

Scott Banks was a standout performer for Bradford City on loan from Crystal Palace last season. This superb form has caught the eye of Blackpool boss, Neil Critchley, the 20 year old has also been of interest to League Two side Stockport County and would require a fee due to his contract at Selhurst Park. Blackpool are reportedly set to bid £500,000 to secure the Scotsman’s signiture.
Blackpool are making an ambitious £500,000 bid for Crystal Palace’s Scottish play maker Scott Banks.

“Boss Neil Critchley is offering more than Stockport for Banks who spent last season on loan at Bradford.

“Banks may need to spread his wings and leave Palace for regular action. A Championship club is also taking an interest but is looking at a loan deal”
Rumoured to now be heading to Blackburn instead.

Being linked with Martyn Waghorn in a few places today, supposedly between us and Derby with us being in the lead.

Certainly be a good move for me, but suprised we'd be able to get in ahead of Derby (but then again, they haven't already re-signed him by now so maybe there is an issue there!).
looks like he has gone back to Derby

Someone in the pipeline?

With the transfer window ongoing, the Seasiders are still looking to strengthen their squad.
“There’s possibly something going on,” he added.
“We had a long meeting on Thursday afternoon with everyone, which was good.
“It was very productive, speaking about the squad, speaking about players and targets.
“We’re hopeful of moving forward on one or two, we’ve had a bit of positive news, but I’ve had that in the past and nothing has happened, so let’s wait and see.”

Nixon reporting we are interested in signing Sam Cosgrove:

Blackpool are being linked with a move for Birmingham City striker Sam Cosgrove before the end of the transfer window. According to reporter Alan Nixon on his Patreon page, the Seasiders are keen to lure him to Bloomfield Road before the deadline on 1st September to bolster their attacking options.
Cosgrove, who spent time on loan at Plymouth Argyle last term, has entered the final 12 months of his contract with the Blues and is facing an uncertain future right now. He has also spent time away from the Midlands at Shrewsbury Town and AFC Wimbledon over recent campaigns.

Rumours online that Jonson Clarke-Harris (Peterborough striker) has been seen coming into Blackpool (Range Rover - private plate) but it could simply be speculation.

If so, I'd love him here! He scored a hat trick against us once!

Rumours online that Jonson Clarke-Harris (Peterborough striker) has been seen coming into Blackpool (Range Rover - private plate) but it could simply be speculation.

Frankly would be surprised if he didn't go to a Championship club. Would like him at Bloomers.

He would probably make little difference Bob, he would only be destined for Critchley's confining shackles like the rest of them.

Last edited:
25 August Update from NC
“I’m confident. We’re working tirelessly every day, yesterday was a busy day and already this morning I’m on the phone early,” Critchley added.

“I’d be very surprised if, by the end of next week, one or two players didn’t arrive.

“You can sense that it’s getting towards the end of the window, so people are now starting to make moves. People start to reveal their hand a bit more, they are more willing to speak and negotiate so it is a funny period.

“It fluctuates as the window goes on and you can feel that it’s starting to hot up and I expect a lot to happen in the next week, not just with us, but right across football.

“We have to be mindful of naming 25 in our squad, certain players don’t count because of their age so it’s like a moving jigsaw – you have to piece it together.

“It’s not easy, you have to try and prepare as best as you can for all scenarios and that’s where constant communication and the thought process that goes on behind every decision that you make is really crucial.”

Karamoko Dembele is set to join Blackpool on a season-long loan from Brest before the transfer window closes.

Football Scotland understands the 20-year-old former Celtic winger is poised to undergo a medical at Bloomfield Road as he gets ready to join up with his new teammates in England's League One. Dembele has managed 16 sub appearances for Brest since he left Parkhead for Ligue 1 and he put in a cameo shift against Marseille earlier this season.

He has been unable to establish himself as a starter so far but will be hoping he can do so with Blackpool for the rest of the campaign.