Transfer Window - Summer 2022 | Page 239 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2022

Judging by last season Conte will find his favourite 11 and stick with it as often as possible
I'd be surprised if that is the approach of Conte this season, meee.

He did it last season when we were down to one game a week and, let's be honest, there was very little competition for the first eleven that he stuck with.

This season we'll be playing twice a week, most weeks, and there's competition for almost every place.

I've got a feeling last season wasn't necessarily a blueprint for how we'll play this season in style and tactics. Not every match, anyway.

I'd be surprised if that is the approach of Conte this season, meee.

He did it last season when we were down to one game a week and, let's be honest, there was very little competition for the first eleven that he stuck with.

This season we'll be playing twice a week, most weeks, and there's competition for almost every place.

I've got a feeling last season wasn't necessarily a blueprint for how we'll play this season in style and tactics. Not every match, anyway.

It wont be the approach, it was last season because we had 11 good players and the rest were pretty shit.

This season we have a good group. With 5 subs being used there will be a lot of rotation, especially with the full backs, central midfield and Richarlison.

PompeyYid - all good here thank you. I hope you and your wife are doing well. I just wanted to offer a different perspective on things. I actually brought a season ticket for this year - I didn't renew in the previous two seasons and I am so excited about going down on Saturday - 12 o clock train from Doncaster. However, my excitement has somewhat been tempered by our recent non-transfer activity and injuries we have already picked up. Let's see what happens in the last month of the window.
Lovely to talk to you again Pompey.
Thats good to hear DH, Mrs PY is still the same, will always be, but she is a fighter, takes after me lol!, thanks for asking.

It is great to see you have renewed your season ticket, wish I bloody could, but my life n Mrs PY say's no now unfortunately.

I really do believe you are going to see a good if not great season, and will be pleasantly surprised, also I will look forward to your reports of games you witness live, whether they be hilarious or grumpy lol!

Have our rivals outstripped us in quality signings ? Chavs get Sterling, Utd Eriksen, Arse Jesus, City Haaland.

We get Richarlison, how does he rank out of the 5 ?
You don't regard Perisic and Bissouma as quality signings?
Citeh have also lost the two quality signing that you've mentioned for Chelsea and gooners, i don't see how Haarland replaces those two.

Thats good to hear DH, Mrs PY is still the same, will always be, but she is a fighter, takes after me lol!, thanks for asking.

It is great to see you have renewed your season ticket, wish I bloody could, but my life n Mrs PY say's no now unfortunately.

I really do believe you are going to see a good if not great season, and will be pleasantly surprised, also I will look forward to your reports of games you witness live, whether they be hilarious or grumpy lol!
Never grumpy Pompey. Realistic maybe but I don’t like to think of myself as grumpy.
Have we signed anyone else yet!!!

You don't regard Perisic and Bissouma as quality signings?
Citeh have also lost the two quality signing that you've mentioned for Chelsea and gooners, i don't see how Haarland replaces those two.

I would expect Eriksen to create and score more than Bissouma.
Perisic is 33 and untested in the PL. He might hit the ground running though, he has the quality.
My point was not to take our eyes off what's going on elsewhere and get above ourselves.

I'd say that that suggests that a forward (Zaniolo?) will be leaving. That's Belotti and Dybala to add alongside other attacking players of Abraham,
Mkhitaryan, Shomurodov (although apparently he's going to Wolves), Pellegrini, El Shaarawy, Perez.
Mkhitaryan went to inter but they still have a lot of options you are right

I would expect Eriksen to create and score more than Bissouma.
Perisic is 33 and untested in the PL. He might hit the ground running though, he has the quality.
My point was not to take our eyes off what's going on elsewhere and get above ourselves.

The Top 4 is a proper competitive fight...as I said earlier, it's all about who has the deepest pockets and the smarts to use it well..

We are not in with a chance of a Top 2 finish, and the 3rd or 4th spot will go down to the wire, anyone who thinks otherwise will once again need a strong dose of reality...

We really shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as City or Liverpool, but give us a few more years to keep building our financial strength and it will be a different story.

A Top 4 finish and a piece of silverware would be one hell of an achievement.

The Top 4 is a proper competitive fight...as I said earlier, it's all about who has the deepest pockets and the smarts to use it well..

We are not in with a chance of a Top 2 finish, and the 3rd or 4th spot will go down to the wire, anyone who thinks otherwise will once again need a strong dose of reality...

We really shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as City or Liverpool, but give us a few more years to keep building our financial strength and it will be a different story.

Realistic cups being League, FA and Europa ?

Not so this year. The 5 sub rule & 4 comps have put pay to that idea.

I think a lot will depend on our Champions League Group (the strength of it)

Lloris
Romero Dier (?)
(?) Hojbjerg (?) (?)
Kulusevski Kane Son

Barring injury, I really don’t see the above 7 players getting rested to much.

Once the season gets up and running we will probably see the likes of Lenglet, Bissouma and Perisic stake their claims for regular starting spots aswell.

I’m not so sure we will see as much rotation as some believe (especially in the PL) I think it will be far more subtle by virtue of the 5 sub rule.

Well those of us who watched us beat City twice and draw Liverpool twice beg to differ.

I think a lot will depend on our Champions League Group (the strength of it)

Lloris
Romero Dier (?)
(?) Hojbjerg (?) (?)
Kulusevski Kane Son

Barring injury, I really don’t see the above 7 players getting rested to much.

Once the season gets up and running we will probably see the likes of Lenglet, Bissouma and Perisic stake their claims for regular starting spots aswell.

I’m not so sure we will see as much rotation as some believe (especially in the PL) I think it will be far more subtle by virtue of the 5 sub rule.

It will be interesting how the 5 sub rule is utilised by different clubs. Injury prevention, preservation, tactical and formation changes, lead preservation, turning a game from a losing situation etc.

How is the additional revenue from the stadium alone going to be enough to bridge the gap between us and the teams above us?

Isn't the biggest source of commercial income these days linked to the success of the club on the field and to a lesser extent the club's reputation? So Liverpool, for example, were able to secure big sponsorship deals in their 'wildeness years' before Klopp, based largely on their reputation. Ditto Arsenal, currently, to a lesser extent.

It seems a chicken and egg situation. We need serious investment to compete with the big players but we need success to generate that investment.

Or do you think the stadium alone will be enough?

Could you hazard a guess, approximately, how much additional income a year, from all sources, the new stadium will generate over the old?