Transfer Window - Summer 2022 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2022

What is very evident is Spurs fans also have to curb their expectations. I've lost count of how many times I've heard people say Kulusevski is not at the level we need. I don't think some people realise how far we have fallen in such a short time. Kulusevski is an absolute coup for our club! We saw yesterday that he has more creativity in his little toe than anyone else we have. Bentancur the same.

The fans need to direct their anger at Levy and Lewis. Levy is the main reason we are where we are now. His appalling decision making in recent years really has been catastrophic. Lewis is just a soulless blood-sucker. The fans cannot keep dragging the team down. Yes, the mistakes are frustrating, but we have a squad filled with players who have lacked confidence for years... will booing them help?

"But I pay good money to see th... blah blah blah."

That is your choice and surely a better way to spend your time would be to have some fun singing, chanting and trying to lift the team? How many of our current team have their own songs for example?

I think Kulu will be a good player but Spurs shouldn't be buying potential when rebuilding. Unless you have a long term project manager at the helm which we don't.

You build your 1st 11 first, then the squad. You can't build a trophy winning team by buying squad players.

Other teams have caught us up now. Totally agree about Levy.

Good point Matic.....I probably won't be popular for saying so but the 'Come On You Spuuuurs' chant is a real dirge which isn't likely to inspire or gee up anyone. We need to hear more of the upbeat songs like the Dele one and the old 'Nice One Cyril' which has been adapted to fit Sonny.
Back in the day, when I used to go to matches, 'We are Tottenham, We are Tottenham, Super Tottenham, from the Lane' was the one that got the goosebumps going, particularly at away matches.

I think we should have kept Gil but Conte clearly doesn't rate him.

Couldn't careless about lo Celso and Ndombele. They didn't deliver here under numerous managers.
I'm not sure it's a case of Conte not rating him, I think it's more a question of him not being developed enough for the PL just yet and needs playing time while building up his physique to cope with the demands here.

I agree that Ndombele was probably never going to work because he couldn't settle in England, Lo Celso is a different issue for me. We have many players, including long serving ones, who haven't delivered under the last few managers. There has to be a reason why these players have been performing at international level, and in most cases out on loan, but aren't doing it in a Spurs shirt.

I'm not sure it's a case of Conte not rating him, I think it's more a question of him not being developed enough for the PL just yet and needs playing time while building up his physique to cope with the demands here.

I agree that Ndombele was probably never going to work because he couldn't settle in England, Lo Celso is a different issue for me. We have many players, including long serving ones, who haven't delivered under the last few managers. There has to be a reason why these players have been performing at international level, and in most cases out on loan, but aren't doing it in a Spurs shirt.

International football and other leagues are not as good as the premiership. The pace and physicality are next level.

Southampton gave city and Chelsea very good games in recent weeks and they are mid table. You don't get that in other leagues.

I think Kulu will be a good player but Spurs shouldn't be buying potential when rebuilding. Unless you have a long term project manager at the helm which we don't.

You build your 1st 11 first, then the squad. You can't build a trophy winning team by buying squad players.

Other teams have caught us up now. Totally agree about Levy.

But don't forget that Kulu already has more recent, high-level experience than a good portion of our team. He's young, but his current ability is beyond his age.

I think we should have kept Gil but Conte clearly doesn't rate him.

Couldn't careless about lo Celso and Ndombele. They didn't deliver here under numerous managers.

Agree on both points there, Gil always looked lively when given minutes and didn't put in turgid, half hearted 'performances' like the others we shipped out.

We are caught in a paradox of Conte not having the players to fit his system and our results leaving us in a position where those top players needed to improve our team will never consider coming to join us. If he stubbornly sticks to his formation with all these square pegs then we might be starting our rebuild next season in the bargain, unwanted section.

Botman, Kessie or Dybala won't be joining a team that finishes between 6th and 10th in the league, not a chance.

I would like to be optimistic but unless he looks at the youth or changes shape, then he doesn't have any other options than to play Sanchez, Davies, Winks, Royal, Doc etc. Getting Rodon in alongside Romero in a two or in a three with Dier would mean that all the slips, screwups, misplaced clearances and calamities from Davies and Sanchez stop blighting our performances.

None of our four options at wingback are decent, Reggie is the best of a bad bunch but is still woeful. Coupled with our lack of quality at CB outside Romero, it's no wonder that even with five at the back; we are leaking goals like a colander.

I think Paskotsi, White, Devine and Lavinier might put in a better shift than a few of the muppets that have been given multiple chances to shine and failed miserably. Might even save us a few quid in the summer. Can't see how many of our centre backs in the under 18's and 23's could be worse than Sanchez and still call themselves a 'defender'.

I'm not sure that the defence is entirely to blame here, much of our problem stems from higher up the pitch. Our midfield gets by-passed far too easily, this is partly due to the formation and lack of quality and partly due to the fact that our forwards don't always drop deep to support the midfield when we are out of possesion.

We just have to be VERY BRAVE.

Brave is offloading the bang average and bringing money in - Sanchez, Davies, Moura, Hojbjerg, Winks, Doherty etc. Managers will keep picking them if they are around the place. Just remove that option.

Brave is not going back on players like Tanguy and Gio. Move on, like we have with Dele. If they are superstars elsewhere, then so be it. Get the money in.

Brave is also winning the races for the young, homegrown players in the EFL. They will come if they believe they have a path to the 1st team. No better time than now, when we're in this place.

Brave is selling Kane. 2 years left on his contract and last chance to get good money. Just get on with it.

Brave is trusting our own academy. Getting to that structure of 18 international 1st team squad players with the youngsters providing the rest of the capacity.

We just have to be VERY BRAVE.

Brave is offloading the bang average and bringing money in - Sanchez, Davies, Moura, Hojbjerg, Winks, Doherty etc. Managers will keep picking them if they are around the place. Just remove that option.

Brave is not going back on players like Tanguy and Gio. Move on, like we have with Dele. If they are superstars elsewhere, then so be it. Get the money in.

Brave is also winning the races for the young, homegrown players in the EFL. They will come if they believe they have a path to the 1st team. No better time than now, when we're in this place.

Brave is selling Kane. 2 years left on his contract and last chance to get good money. Just get on with it.

Brave is trusting our own academy. Getting to that structure of 18 international 1st team squad players with the youngsters providing the rest of the capacity.

Another word I would use is 'aggressive'.

If we sell Kane we need to be aggressive in trying to replace him.
If we need young, homegrown players we need to be aggressive in our chase of them.

It sounds like Levy is still getting involved right at the end of transfers to go over the finances... if that is true he needs to stop! Give Paratici and Conte a budget and let them handle it.

Another word I would use is 'aggressive'.

If we sell Kane we need to be aggressive in trying to replace him.
If we need young, homegrown players we need to be aggressive in our chase of them.

It sounds like Levy is still getting involved right at the end of transfers to go over the finances... if that is true he needs to stop! Give Paratici and Conte a budget and let them handle it.

Sell Kane and Son. I'd rather have 18 players at Bentancur's level and attitude than what we have now. For that matter, just buy Juventus' squad.

Very Brave and Aggressive, now that's what I call "Fighting talk"

Matic, 80 n muttley how true from all of you, keep "Battling" on lads.

GK; no idea about Gollini
CBs; Move on 2 of Sanchez, Dier, Davies
RBs; move on Doherty. Willing to give Royal more time for now.
LBs; probably can leave as it is for now.
CMs; Move on Lo Celso and NDombele permanently. Skipp, Hojbjerg and Bentacur is a good base. Winks as a 4th choice is ok.
AM: essentially have no one other than Kulu who I have no idea about. We need another here who can pitch in with goals.
Forwards: Son, Moura, Kane, Bergwijn. Is Bergwijn good enough? Time to freshen up on Moura? Will Kane still be here? We need another goalscorer.

CBs and goalscorers are key for this window but I'll let those who watch more football than me suggest names.
Nick Pope as new back up keeper would be good.
Max Aarons is another English signing for RB.
I like the look of that Belgian lad we were linked with in Jan as an AM.
If opportunistic signings like Bale, Dybala or Kessie open up then we should give it a shot.

But the sooner we move to 2 up top the better it will be for our squad of players.

Getting rid of our best players is not the answer. Of our more established players Lloris, Dier, Reguilon, Skipp, Son and Kane are well capable of being part of a very good team. Romero and Bentancur can probably be added to them, although that's not a given yet. Add four top quality signings, with particular emphasis on improving our midfield creativity, and we have a very good team, with plenty of others who can be retained as squad players, capable of stepping in when necessary, but not good enough to be regular starters.
Finding those four players willing to join us is the hard bit, that's Paratici's job.

Getting rid of our best players is not the answer. Of our more established players Lloris, Dier, Reguilon, Skipp, Son and Kane are well capable of being part of a very good team. Romero and Bentancur can probably be added to them, although that's not a given yet. Add four top quality signings, with particular emphasis on improving our midfield creativity, and we have a very good team, with plenty of others who can be retained as squad players, capable of stepping in when necessary, but not good enough to be regular starters.
Finding those four players willing to join us is the hard bit, that's Paratici's job.

There is a point in any manager's career where they come upon a situation where certain employees are detrimental to moving forward with the new regime because those employees have too much baggage from the past and can't let it go.

We are at that point.

Hell, we have supporters like that! Sport is about "next".

What I would add is that in 2017 we had a team worth half a billion as valued in that market. We had players coming into their "2 years left" cycle and we kept them. We wouldn't sell them, we wouldn't pay them the going rate and they wouldn't play for the shirt. We also had a chairman that wouldn't spend a dime on the squad until he had amassed 3 or 4 years worth of CL revenues and even a lucrative CL final.

Where we are today is exactly because of that. Nothing else. Shockingly bad management of the football operations, culminating in a half a billion squad fetching about £75m and nothing to re-invest. Our 86 points a season became 60 pts and a failed ECL campaign, 3 managers later.

With Kane it is quite easy. The market is different than a few years ago. Even if he gets a new contract, the market has got tougher. His performances have got worse. So he either gets the same or less salary per week and helps THFC to retain his value or he fecks off. Because he won't accept the same or less, he will run his contract down and be an arse, like Eriksen was. So the answer is simple.

Be brave and aggressive and cut him loose.

The others you mention I agree with though.

Boubacar Kamara is free
Ryan Gravenberch
Joe Gomez is worth a try as he is not playing and it's a world cup year.
Matthijs de ligt. I would love but it's just a dream.
Maxence Lacroix is a very good prospect and very pacey
Christopher Nkunku is my biggest dream for spurs but would be very pricey and out off our league I think
Ward Prowse again would love but not much chance.
Marcos Leonardo a very good prospect
DJed Spence I looked at him after someone on here said to and they were right this lad seems to have everything needed to play at a higher level.
Renan da silva I have watch a few times and was impressed he is a CB but is equally comfortable at lb . He is only 19 but has racked up plenty of minutes. He reads the game well very composed and not sluggish .

Its a big list but I can dream

What I would add is that in 2017 we had a team worth half a billion as valued in that market. We had players coming into their "2 years left" cycle and we kept them. We wouldn't sell them, we wouldn't pay them the going rate and they wouldn't play for the shirt. We also had a chairman that wouldn't spend a dime on the squad until he had amassed 3 or 4 years worth of CL revenues and even a lucrative CL final.

Where we are today is exactly because of that. Nothing else. Shockingly bad management of the football operations, culminating in a half a billion squad fetching about £75m and nothing to re-invest. Our 86 points a season became 60 pts and a failed ECL campaign, 3 managers later.

With Kane it is quite easy. The market is different than a few years ago. Even if he gets a new contract, the market has got tougher. His performances have got worse. So he either gets the same or less salary per week and helps THFC to retain his value or he fecks off. Because he won't accept the same or less, he will run his contract down and be an arse, like Eriksen was. So the answer is simple.

Be brave and aggressive and cut him loose.

The others you mention I agree with though.

This is my feeling exactly. The secret to any well run club is knowing when to sell an asset and then have the scouting network capable of replacing them adequately.