Transfer Window - Summer 2022 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2022

I read that Real Madrid are lining up to sign Foyth, who has been playing very well for Villareal, in the summer. Not only do we not know how to find players, we can't get it right in terms of who we should sell either.
Mmm. I think it's more often the case that we don't know how to get the best out of them once they're here.

I read that Real Madrid are lining up to sign Foyth, who has been playing very well for Villareal, in the summer. Not only do we not know how to find players, we can't get it right in terms of who we should sell either.

Foyth isn't a Premier league CB. It's too fast and physical for him.

He may become able but we were right to sell.

We need to understand that every league outside the Premier league is weaker, slower.

Mmm. I think it's more often the case that we don't know how to get the best out of them once they're here.
That as well. We've had too many players who if they don't excel consistently from day one, have increasingly few chances, resulting in their moving on. Foyth was a good example, he showed early promise, then made a few errors and dropped down the pecking order with limited opportunity, now he's fulfilling his early potential, but elsewhere, ironically at a higher level than with us

Alisdair Gold has posted a piece about Spurs emerging youngsters which could save money in the summer. Etete, Parrott, Devine, Gil, Pastoksi etc.

Under the right manager I wouldn't be against that.

But you don't bring in a serial winner like Conte to bring a load of youth players through. He doesn't have any track record of building squads with a limited budget.

Under the right manager I wouldn't be against that.

But you don't bring in a serial winner like Conte to bring a load of youth players through. He doesn't have any track record of building squads with a limited budget.

Depends whether he accepts the trade-offs. If it means some serious 1st team players at the other end of the squad, then why wouldn't he accept some academy promotions?

Besides, I'd be shocked if some of these young lads could do any worse than what we've seen in the last few weeks.

I’ve caught several Forest games after reports of our interest in DJed Spencer. He has some great ability & a high ceiling, so I’d live us to go all in for him during the summer but we should also add Brennan Johnson into the mix. That guy is going to be huge in a couple of years!!
Add another CB, a dynamic CM & a striker & I think we’d be a real challenge for other teams.
The funds from Tanguy, Gio & the sale of Doh, Winks, Davies & Sanchez would fund the bulk of that!

He has failed to impress at all of the loan clubs he has been with, even at League One level. He has even been overtaken by Adam Idah in the ROI pecking order. I think Etete is the more likely to come through now.

An article on Feb 7th about his time at MK Don's had their manager saying Troy has had to be patient but is starting to perform better and is still only 20. We will have to keep an eye on his game time and performances. The manager did say that these fast emerging players can stall and go through tough periods.

Reading the various posts on this thread over the past few days it seems clear that most of us feel that no more than six, maximum seven dependent on your view as to whether we should keep Kane, are good enough to be part of a team with genuine top four and CL ambitions. Consequently we need to make four or five meaningful signings in the summer, players who can immediately form part of our PL match day squad, with the ability to improve us.
I don't claim to have much knowledge as regards European based players, but do know that many of the names mentioned will not be joining us, they will have offers from Clubs much further up the pecking order than us currently. I also know that our track record on making successful signings from Europe who adapt to the demands of the PL and improve us, is poor.
My preference will always be for players with proven ability in the PL, although with Paratici at the helm I'm not holding my breath. I've listed below though, one player from almost every PL club who I feel would be a good target for us, avoiding the superstars who clearly we would be unable to sign. Not all of these players will be realistic targets, but for me they'd all be worth a shot, with a reasonable chance of landing 4-5 players who would definitely improve us.

Arsenal - Tierney (FB), Aston Villa - McGinn (MF), Brentford - Toney (FW),
Brighton - Bissouma (MF), Burnley - Pope (GK), Chelsea - Christensen (CB)
Palace - Nobody, Everton - Gomes (MF), Leeds - Ayling (FB)
Leicester - Barnes (FW), Liverpool - Gomez (CB/FB), Man C - Stones (CB/FB)
Man U - Lingard (FW), Newcastle - Saint Maximim (FW) Norwich - Aarons (FB)
Southampton - Ward Prowse (MF), Watford - Nobody, West Ham - Bowen - (FW)
Wolves - Kilman (FB)

My preferred five signings from the above would be Pope, Ayling, Gomez (CB), McGinn and Saint Maximim, with Christensen, Aarons, Bowen and Bissouma also as worthwhile targets. Ward Prowse would make up my 'top ten', but clearly he doesn't want to join us.

Anybody else fancy any of these players.

Depends whether he accepts the trade-offs. If it means some serious 1st team players at the other end of the squad, then why wouldn't he accept some academy promotions?

Besides, I'd be shocked if some of these young lads could do any worse than what we've seen in the last few weeks.

But if we are building a squad on a budget which looks like we are then why was he hired?

But if we are building a squad on a budget which looks like we are then why was he hired?

Because he likes to earn between £10 and 15m a year. The PL is where the money is for managers.

He also knows that Spurs will punch their weight with the transfer budgets and player salaries in the coming years. Not many teams in Europe will compete with a top 10 money club.

Because he likes to earn between £10 and 15m a year. The PL is where the money is for managers.

He also knows that Spurs will punch their weight with the transfer budgets and player salaries in the coming years. Not many teams in Europe will compete with a top 10 money club.

Agree about the salary. We are an easy target in that respect. Pay good wages and there is zero pressure to win anything.

Don't agree he is looking way ahead in future. He has never been a project building manager on a budget.

I'll be amazed if he is here after next season.

Agree about the salary. We are an easy target in that respect. Pay good wages and there is zero pressure to win anything.

Don't agree he is looking way ahead in future. He has never been a project building manager on a budget.

I'll be amazed if he is here after next season.

Which is why Fabio is the important person at the club. Fabio can get these January loans converted to sales and add others like Sanchez. THFC need to be thinking about generating a £75-100m kitty just from player sales alone. On recent form, Levy will give Fabio another chunk of net spending. Perhaps £50m. If Conte gets £125-150m of net new players at the club, he's going nowhere.

Must admit, my eyes were opened a little yesterday when I was sent a a link to an IT business summit at work. It's on 24th Feb, fully leveraging the full stadium conference suite and a who's who of companies attending. Whilst we hear about events like Guns n Roses, we don't hear about these other smaller events that will just be a money spinner over time. Now we perhaps can look beyond COVID restrictions, I can just see more and more of these events happening. We are now competing with ExCel, Olympia etc for their business. It's good to see.