Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 83 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

Atalanta desperately trying to 'push' us into bidding more. Romero to Barca suddenly appears as a rumour. Barca are not financially able to buy Romero.

This proves that Atalanta are a) resigned to Romero's sale a b) are close to being forced to lower their price.

Sanchez's reps are in Spain talking with Sevilla too. Kounde will be sold to fund that move.

Atalanta will blink first.

They're not the problem the deal is complicated by Juve holding his registration (he was at Atalanta on a loan to buy deal) and their demands for a larger cut of the transfer fee...

Personal terms have been agreed, it's a bun fight between Atalanta and Juve that's the issue now., and the new man at Juve who took over from Paraticci is apparently being described as playing the 'hard man' and wanting to show Juve what he can do...at least that's the story I've had from one agent who is trying to move a player to Atalanta.

I don't know much about the lad but he was the best CB in Seri A with the Italian meatball last season.

All the reports say he is South America's best CB.

That comes at a premium. Pay what they want and move on.

Only just over 2 weeks till the new season now.

Our defensive options at the moment are dog shite.

Couldn’t agree more RD. I am fed up with continually missing our supposed main targets for a relatively small amount and ending up with second or third best. I am really hoping that the alleged Levy non interference gives Paratici the free hand needed to make the necessary moves financially to get our main targets. Only then will we move closer to the successful side that we all want.

They're not the problem the deal is complicated by Juve holding his registration (he was at Atalanta on a loan to buy deal) and their demands for a larger cut of the transfer fee...

Personal terms have been agreed, it's a bun fight between Atalanta and Juve that's the issue now., and the new man at Juve who took over from Paraticci is apparently being described as playing the 'hard man' and wanting to show Juve what he can do...at least that's the story I've had from one agent who is trying to move a player to Atalanta.

Indeed, but Atalanta are trying to get us to solve the problem for them by paying more.

We all know that the reason we do not have Champions League money and haven't won trophies is because we didn't invest when we needed to. Romero wants to come, we need him. Pay the effing money.

In other news I hear Villa want Winks and there are at least 2 French sides and 1 Italian side that want Sissoko

I'm assuming we will buy 2 CBS if Sanchez is sold?

I really hope Nuno isn't thinking Dier will be a regular. I will instantly question the man's intelligence if he does.

This is my fear too. Toby, Sanchez and Dier all needed to go but I think Dier speaking the lingo and his versatility might earn him an undeserved reprieve for the next season.

His value, like Dele's is half of what it was two years ago and Levy/Pat/Nuno might feel another chance to raise his level is due. If he doesn't make the grade next season then I would expect him to be sold.

I hope my fears are misplaced, both Sanchez and Dier are not of the required standard to give us a solid base. Both might look world class in slower leagues where individual mistakes are not punished so severely.

I have been critical of Dier and Sanchez, much like everyone on here, but if they are kept I hope everyone gives them a fair chance to start fresh. The majority of their bad performances have come within the last 3 seasons and there arent many players in the squad who have covered themselves in much glory. Between Poch slightly losing the plot in his last full season and Mourinho just destroying this team in both of his, I think if Nuno decides he wants to keep them and play them then we should trust the judgement and hope he helps them turn their careers around here.

Indeed, but Atalanta are trying to get us to solve the problem for them by paying more.

They really aren't matic, it's out of their hands, they are hamstrung by the loan-to-buy agreement and Juve's demands unless Juve agrees with the deal, it's sunk. At least that's what I'm told by a very reliable agent of long-standing that I know well.

This is my fear too. Toby, Sanchez and Dier all needed to go but I think Dier speaking the lingo and his versatility might earn him an undeserved reprieve for the next season.

His value, like Dele's is half of what it was two years ago and Levy/Pat/Nuno might feel another chance to raise his level is due. If he doesn't make the grade next season then I would expect him to be sold.

I hope my fears are misplaced, both Sanchez and Dier are not of the required standard to give us a solid base. Both might look world class in slower leagues where individual mistakes are not punished so severely.

You have to factor in that not many just walk into the Prem and hit the ground running. To be fair, Ruben Dias did but he walked into the Champions with great players everywhere. Not many others have.

I have a feeling, whether it is Romero, Tomiyasu or Kounde, they won't just magically be at the level we used to get from Toby and Jan in their prime. It will take time and Dier will be kept for the transition. Guys like Romero and Kounde aren't monsters in the air either. Dier holds his ground in that department and can manage a physical, aerial battle. He'll be useful for the ECL and domestic cups as well.

You have to factor in that not many just walk into the Prem and hit the ground running. To be fair, Ruben Dias did but he walked into the Champions with great players everywhere. Not many others have.

I have a feeling, whether it is Romero, Tomiyasu or Kounde, they won't just magically be at the level we used to get from Toby and Jan in their prime. It will take time and Dier will be kept for the transition. Guys like Romero and Kounde aren't monsters in the air either. Dier holds his ground in that department and can manage a physical, aerial battle. He'll be useful for the ECL and domestic cups as well.

I think all this talk of getting rid of Dier is plain dumb; last season we played with our backs to the wall and simply said 'come and have a go at us at will' - it was shit tactics by a shit manager.

He played all season in the wrong position with partners that were either too slow, couldn't jump or could play with anything like the lack of fear they'd previously shown.

I'm hoping that Nuno will have the sense to look at what he did well in a unit that was a crock of shit collectively, something that most Spurs fans just can't see.

They really aren't matic, it's out of their hands, they are hamstrung by the loan-to-buy agreement and Juve's demands unless Juve agrees with the deal, it's sunk. At least that's what I'm told by a very reliable agent of long-standing that I know well.

I thought the details of the loan-to-buy agreement were locked in though? The value was £16m when the loan started. I was led to believe the issue was the amount to be paid up-front?

No. I want an owner that pumps some pennies in. All of the top teams do.

Liverpool doesn't. United doesn't. And they are long standing top teams.

Chelsea has been signficantly curtailed.

Arseanl certainly doesn't.

It is only City that does through commercial revenue contracts that appear to be the target of UEFA's FFP people.

I thought the details of the loan-to-buy agreement were locked in though? The value was £16m when the loan started. I was led to believe the issue was the amount to be paid up-front?

Not what I'm told at all, there is a sell-on clause and by all accounts, they have to get Juve's agreement to any deal and they are demanding a bigger chunk. So as of yesterday, the deal was deadlocked.

It's just another poker game, same old same old, but someone has to fold.

I think all this talk of getting rid of Dier is plain dumb; last season we played with our backs to the wall and simply said 'come and have a go at us at will' - it was shit tactics by a shit manager.

He played all season in the wrong position with partners that were either too slow, couldn't jump or could play with anything like the lack of fear they'd previously shown.

I'm hoping that Nuno will have the sense to look at what he did well in a unit that was a crock of shit collectively, something that most Spurs fans just can't see.

I agree with this. Wave after wave of attacks allowed by the manager's tactics put so much pressure on our back line with a very slow and ponderous DM in front of them they were statistically unable to withstand the onslaught.

If I was Rodon or Tanganga and I saw Diers name on the team sheet I would demand a transfer instantly.

It would show that Nuno is clueless from the off.

I sures hell wouldn't put up with fatty bum bums finger pointing or shouting either.

Liverpool doesn't. United doesn't. And they are long standing top teams.

Chelsea has been signficantly curtailed.

Arseanl certainly doesn't.

It is only City that does through commercial revenue contracts that appear to be the target of UEFA's FFP people.

Sorry but United certainly do.

Don't class arsenal as a top team.

There are 3 teams who have dominated the league for the last 20 years. All have owners who pump money in.