Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 48 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

Toby hasn't asked to leave, he has been told he isn't in the plans. Sanchez appears to have been told the same.

Tomiyasu will be cover for RB/RWB and RCB. Much like Davies could be cover for LB/LWB and LCB. 2 new CB's are priority. Then RB.

We are apparently on the look out for a real possession tempo-setter too. A loan for Miralem Pjanic has been mentioned as a potential option.

Toby hasn't asked to leave, he has been told he isn't in the plans. Sanchez appears to have been told the same.

Tomiyasu will be cover for RB/RWB and RCB. Much like Davies could be cover for LB/LWB and LCB. 2 new CB's are priority. Then RB.

We are apparently on the look out for a real possession tempo-setter too. A loan for Miralem Pjanic has been mentioned as a potential option.

I get it but Toby and Jan together were a thing of beauty.

We move on.

I get it but Toby and Jan together were a thing of beauty.

We move on.

Jan and Toby took it in turns to prop each other up, which I think is why we miss them. It was what a CB pairing should be like. Mourinho chopped and changed too much, too often and we are now in a position where we don't have a decent pairing. We need to move on, so lets hope we do.

Lots of links today that Toby has asked to leave. I'll applaud him on his way out, but also happy for him to move. We need to start a new chapter.

I said the same to someone who tweeted thr other day saying we shouldn't have let Jan go as he is playing well for Belgium.
Sometimes it is just right to move on. If Toby wants to go back to the Dutch League or try Serie A as it is a slower pace then good luck to him.

Nuno loves a tempo setter. Neves and Mouthino were excellent the season before last.

How many new players is realistic in one window.? I have heard 5 is pushing it integration wise.

It depends massively on the players you bring in and the players you already have. The biggest problem with the "magnificent 7" was they were ALL non-PL players and a couple of them couldnt even speak English.

It also depends on how early you sign them. Get them before pre-season and they stand more of a chance of integrating. Get them on deadline day and they will struggle more.

So for me, I don't think it matters if you sign 1 or 7. It's the details that matter more.

How many new players is realistic in one window.? I have heard 5 is pushing it integration wise.
I saw an article today predicting that Joachim Anderson (CB ), Goncalo Guedes (WF) and Houssem Aouar (MF) will be in the Spurs lineup come the start of the season. Don't know much about the players, but it seems about the right number.

I wonder if the Andersen deal is something that will happen now. He was a Hitchen recommendation but everything has gone quiet since Paratici was appointed.

Now we're apparently close to a Tomiyasu at less than £15m and we're being linked heavily with Kounde, which seems unrealistic to me.

I know it was just one game, but that Doku fella for Belgium looks to be a future monster provided he stays healthy. The transfer market site, TransferMarkt, has his market value at US$24M, might be like the Traore when he played for Boro (a bit raw with spotty end-product). He'd be someone to look at if Traore isn't on the cards (all of this after we settle our back line of course...that's a priority!)

I know it was just one game, but that Doku fella for Belgium looks to be a future monster provided he stays healthy. The transfer market site, TransferMarkt, has his market value at US$24M, might be like the Traore when he played for Boro (a bit raw with spotty end-product). He'd be someone to look at if Traore isn't on the cards (all of this after we settle our back line of course...that's a priority!)
Think Pool tried to sing him a while ago,gave him a tour of the stadium and all that but he opted for Anderlecht, I think. He would be a great signing Rambo mate,he was excellent against Italy.

To think we could probably swap Moura for Doku in the squad for close to break even.

Why wouldn't we do that?

So our number 1 target centre half, Andersen, is being kept out of the Danish side by Vestergard, Kjaer and Christensen.

Is he good enough?

So our number 1 target centre half, Andersen, is being kept out of the Danish side by Vestergard, Kjaer and Christensen.

Is he good enough?

He is a good CB but do worry about his lack of pace.

If we played a back 3 he would need to be the middle CB.

Tommi, Andersen, Rodon could work.

He is a good CB but do worry about his lack of pace.

If we played a back 3 he would need to be the middle CB.

Tommi, Andersen, Rodon could work.

That's relegation level back line, and not because of the quality of the players.

You can only ease in one young/unproven defender at a time, assuming you have an established back. Since Rodon is that young player, who let's be honest - has a few mistakes in him still - he needs solid defenders around him.

If we were to play 3 at the back, a formation I dislike, Toby/Sanchez/Rodon are a far better trio as they have PL experience. mutual communication through playing together, and plenty of pace.

Both Toby and Sanchez have been immense this summer. With Rodon and Tanganga as our young CB's I wouldn't buy another CB unless it's a clear upgrade. Tactics and playing an established back line will do wonders.

For the record, not impressed by Tommi. I don't think he'll cut it.

That's relegation level back line, and not because of the quality of the players.

You can only ease in one young/unproven defender at a time, assuming you have an established back. Since Rodon is that young player, who let's be honest - has a few mistakes in him still - he needs solid defenders around him.

If we were to play 3 at the back, a formation I dislike, Toby/Sanchez/Rodon are a far better trio as they have PL experience. mutual communication through playing together, and plenty of pace.

Both Toby and Sanchez have been immense this summer. With Rodon and Tanganga as our young CB's I wouldn't buy another CB unless it's a clear upgrade. Tactics and playing an established back line will do wonders.

For the record, not impressed by Tommi. I don't think he'll cut it.

I wouldn't sign either Tommi or Andersen myself. I think there are better CBS around.

However sticking with what we have is not a option. The decline has been there for 3 years.

I was livid last season that neither Jose or Mason would give Toby and Rondon a run together. It was the perfect opportunity to play experience with a younger inexperienced CB. But both bottled it.

If they had done Rodon would have that extra bit of experience and Premiership ready for the new campaign.