Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 101 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

Looks like Lloris was dealing with an injury during the Euros so wouldn't read too much into it.

Sheffield United want Ben Davies. I would maybe swap him with Sander Berge
Different Ben Davies I think. Looks like they're after the Ben Davies who plays for Liverpool

Might put a cheeky bet on Villa getting relegated. So glad we're not buying the quality that they're aiming at. Poor McGinn will have his hands full with the tsunami coming through their midfield every week.

As for us, we need to trust the process. I haven't yet seen us put a foot wrong this summer in the transfer market. As painful as it is, we just need to suck it up for a while longer.

Hmmm jury still out. I'm not exactly impressed with our dealings either.

Serge, Dier, Sissoko are still here. Our 1st 11 still hasn't been improved.

According to Ex our number 1 is off.

The Kane situation is pathetic. No sign of his replacement.

Even if Romero arrives I'm not confident to be honest.

Like RD, I would cut my losses on both Ndombele & GLC. Neither have put a string of performances together in the PL or can be relied on. One is flaky & puts limited effort into games unless he’s attacking & the other seems to show flashes but then get injured.
We need consistent good performers.

Our transfer dealings so far worry me. Romero has not been announced but even if he were to appear, that is the only first team change from our dismal previous seasons team. I get that Nuno is here & we’ll get a lift in the players but that will be short lived & won’t get us anywhere against the top sides. At this rate it’s going to be another long season!

Does anyone know why Tanguy is not playing. I know he has just had a baby but he is training so it must be Nuno just doesn't want him. We have Gio coming back but on the back of last night we are in trouble. I know it's only pre season but last night was our first real test. Dele ,Son ,Doherty, Dier ,Lucas and Berg are not good enough. I will let Sonny of though as he is not a no 9 he is a winger. I am giving Hojbjerg a pass as it's his first game. I am not counting after all the changes even though they were not much better against the Chelsea youth. I can remember one part in particular when Anjorin just brushed Dele and Berg aside like they were nothing. We need and deserve better. Our club charges us the 2nd highest season ticket prices. We are charged the highest for our kits but we are watching very average of players playing very average football . I know this is early to say this but ever since the cl final we have just steadily gone down hill

Does anyone know why Tanguy is not playing. I know he has just had a baby but he is training so it must be Nuno just doesn't want him. We have Gio coming back but on the back of last night we are in trouble. I know it's only pre season but last night was our first real test. Dele ,Son ,Doherty, Dier ,Lucas and Berg are not good enough. I will let Sonny of though as he is not a no 9 he is a winger. I am giving Hojbjerg a pass as it's his first game. I am not counting after all the changes even though they were not much better against the Chelsea youth. I can remember one part in particular when Anjorin just brushed Dele and Berg aside like they were nothing. We need and deserve better. Our club charges us the 2nd highest season ticket prices. We are charged the highest for our kits but we are watching very average of players playing very average football . I know this is early to say this but ever since the cl final we have just steadily gone down hill

It seems when ever there is an opportunity for Ndombele not to train or play he will take that opportunity.

He has a weak mentality and is a lazy fecker.

He is an idiot because he has so much talent he could run the show if he could be bothered.

Because he's a fat, lazy bastard.

Hmmm jury still out. I'm not exactly impressed with our dealings either.

Serge, Dier, Sissoko are still here. Our 1st 11 still hasn't been improved.

According to Ex our number 1 is off.

The Kane situation is pathetic. No sign of his replacement.

Even if Romero arrives I'm not confident to be honest.

Problem is, if we got the Kane money and then started working the market then everyone would see us coming like they did with Bale. I believe our tactic is to leave it later knowing our main targets are already tee'd up. I'm hoping Fabio has done the work in the background and get the personal terms agreed.

So for me, the keeper situation has been good. Hart wasn't pushing Lloris. Gollini will. If, like Toby, Hugo has decided that he is leaving then getting Gollini in a month before is proactive. Then we might even bring in another keeper and let them slug it out. We knew the day was coming when Hugo would leave us.

We've so far shifted Rose, Lamela, Gazza, Hart, Foyth and Toby. That is probably more than most clubs. It leaves us now narrowly focusing on Kane, Sanchez, Sissoko, Winks, Aurier etc. So in a summer of major surgery we're about half way there on the outgoings with 4 weeks to go. They may not all leave, but I wouldn't mind betting most will.

On the incomings, we do need Romero to land ASAP and we need Gill in this country. Perhaps Tomiyasu as well, if that's Fabio and Nuno's choice. All 3 of these are at a great age. I think the next couple of targets will become visible very quickly after.

Villa being link to Cantwell and Ward Prowse. Both HG with Prem experience.
Should we be in for this type of player?

We've so far shifted Rose, Lamela, Gazza, Hart, Foyth and Toby. That is probably more than most clubs. It leaves us now narrowly focusing on Kane, Sanchez, Sissoko, Winks, Aurier etc. So in a summer of major surgery we're about half way there on the outgoings with 4 weeks to go. They may not all leave, but I wouldn't mind betting most will.

Sorry, but I still don't feel reassured that our strategy will pan out as we all wish for to. The 'already outs' were all peripherals. It's the 1st teamers we have awaiting departure we need to see shifted pdq or we'll have few Danny Roses on our hands making up U23 numbers! Aurier and Winks were part of the squad last night which would suggest no takers, yet. Also I won't be surprised if we are unable to shift Sissoko.

... and no, we don't have 4 weeks to shift them. If they are to impact our replacements for 1st team, that loss of 4 weeks is detrimental to the season.

Sorry, but I still don't feel reassured that our strategy will pan out as we all wish for to. The 'already outs' were all peripherals. It's the 1st teamers we have awaiting departure we need to see shifted pdq or we'll have few Danny Roses on our hands making up U23 numbers! Aurier and Winks were part of the squad last night which would suggest no takers, yet. Also I won't be surprised if we are unable to shift Sissoko.

... and no, we don't have 4 weeks to shift them. If they are to impact our replacements for 1st team, that loss of 4 weeks is detrimental to the season.

I get the sentiment but we need signings for the next 4 years, not the next 4 weeks. If that has some detriment to the start of the season, we surely have to be prepared to live with that. This is major surgery.

I actually think, we'll be more relaxed after the Man City game. We'll look forward to the "easier" league fixtures and the ECL games.

I get the sentiment but we need signings for the next 4 years, not the next 4 weeks. If that has some detriment to the start of the season, we surely have to be prepared to live with that. This is major surgery.

I actually think, we'll be more relaxed after the Man City game. We'll look forward to the "easier" league fixtures and the ECL games.
I am on record accepting that we won't be suitably equipped to start the season and prepared for the rebuild to be over multiple TW's. BUT... I worry for Nuno - the scapegoat - who is on a measly 2 year contract and may have unreasonable expectations embedded in his remit.

I am on record accepting that we won't be suitably equipped to start the season and prepared for the rebuild to be over multiple TW's. BUT... I worry for Nuno - the scapegoat - who is on a measly 2 year contract and may have unreasonable expectations embedded in his remit.

Because Poch will be available in 6-8 months