Transfer Window- now we can concentrate on building for next year | Page 2 | Vital Football

Transfer Window- now we can concentrate on building for next year

Palmer, Farman & Green up for transfer, Whitehouse, Stewart and Arnold (if anyone can find him) released. Eardley moves on but we sign Rowe. Beyond that the crystal ball is a little cloudy....

GK’s - Vickers and Farman.
FB’s - Eardley (should he sign, I think he’ll give it another year with us), Long, Habergham + 1 new signing
CB’s - Waterfall, Wilson + 2 new summer signings
CM’s - Frecklington, Chapman, Pett, Bostwick, Whitehouse, Woodyard, Knott
WG’s - Anderson + 2 New Signings
ST’s - Palmer, Green, Rhead + 1 New Signing

Release Stewart and Arnold. If these two are fit and ready to work hard for the team I’d keep them and only sign hopefully Rowe.
Would like to see Wharton, Raggett or Hobbs sign. Plus Rowe and possibly Williams back.

Think some will be shocked by further changes coming and how Ruthless the Cowley's will be. 14 contracted players.
Farman and Vickers
Habs, Wilson, Waterfall
Bostwick, Woodward, Chapman, Pett, Anderson, Frecklington
Palmer, Rhead and Green. I expect all to stay however Palmer most likely to be offered transfer list if new forwards come in.
Of those out of contract Knotty, Stewart, Arnold will go. Long most likely to be offered short term deal. Whitehouse may get offered short term deal but he will be replaced with much better quality over the transfer window and can only expect minimum role. Of loans i don't expect any to sign on. We need to keep Eardly but 50/50 at moment as scouts at most games this year. For signings left footed centre back and two quality forwards including left winger and better left full back.

Think some will be shocked by further changes coming and how Ruthless the Cowley's will be. 14 contracted players.
Farman and Vickers
Habs, Wilson, Waterfall
Bostwick, Woodward, Chapman, Pett, Anderson, Frecklington
Palmer, Rhead and Green. I expect all to stay however Palmer most likely to be offered transfer list if new forwards come in.
Of those out of contract Knotty, Stewart, Arnold will go. Long most likely to be offered short term deal. Whitehouse may get offered short term deal but he will be replaced with much better quality over the transfer window and can only expect minimum role. Of loans i don't expect any to sign on. We need to keep Eardly but 50/50 at moment as scouts at most games this year. For signings left footed centre back and two quality forwards including left winger and better left full back.

You say 'shocked' and 'ruthless' but then basically say everyone will stay? Or am I missing a point somewhere?

We don’t need to get rid of anyone imo. Give them a Cowley preseason to get them fit. Add depth to the squad to keep them fit and then watch us walk the league.

The way I read that we get 12.5% of gate receipts from the four semi final play off matches (minus expenses). So estimate 12.5% of about 45k fans plus corporates - maybe 50k including catering, hospitality etc.. Not massively lucrative but added to the FPS probably enough for a players wages.

Nearly fell asleep reading that, but I think it said 50% of the net receipts from the Wembley final are also chucked into the pot, the other 50% split between the two finalists.

Don’t think we’ll be walking the league, but I did note that there’s no one coming down from League 1 to be particularly concerned about, Franchise F.C. probably the biggest threat. Do hope the fella Tisdale doesn’t end up there... he’s a good manager and a class act and it would be a shame to see him associated with that lot.

Farman to go if we can find a taker...no point having a back up keeper who you don’t have the confidence to play.

Don’t think we’ll be walking the league, but I did note that there’s no one coming down from League 1 to be particularly concerned about, Franchise F.C. probably the biggest threat. Do hope the fella Tisdale doesn’t end up there... he’s a good manager and a class act and it would be a shame to see him associated with that lot.

Dons definitely of those coming down, plus Colchester, Swindon, Mansfield, two of Co/County/Exeter, probably Trannies as well. It will be a tough league again make no mistake.

Dons definitely of those coming down, plus Colchester, Swindon, Mansfield, two of Co/County/Exeter, probably Trannies as well. It will be a tough league again make no mistake.
Vale have made some good signings, Crewe have got a good squad. Crawley have Kewell more experienced too. A lot of teams improving but i still believe we’ll go up next season. Probably Wycombe style. Look like play offs all season before a few wins at the end to boost us up to automatic.

I would prefer 23/4 as the squad size. But we certainly need more than the current squad and I'd settle for 22 at a push.
The small squad was highlighted last night and has been for the last 4/5 games too many square pegs in round holes.
Agree a squad of around 24 would be really good even if 2/3 of those are long term loans.
The programme from the first game shows Exeter have a squad of 38...

Palmer, Farman & Green up for transfer, Whitehouse, Stewart and Arnold (if anyone can find him) released. Eardley moves on but we sign Rowe. Beyond that the crystal ball is a little cloudy....

Would add Rhead to the up for transfer list too. He does what he does well but we play a game that suits him and not the potential league one quality we have around him. We won’t get promoted playing to that style of play again, we will be found out next season if we continue to do so.

Don’t think we should get rid of Whitehouse, he seems to be developing and does present an attacking threat every once in a while.

They really only had 3 better players then ours

Stockley who is a rhead style player with pace
The lazy but skilful player who ran the show (annoying fashion beard)
The centre back who got a dent from. Rhead

Other then that we are close

In some respects are there any big budget teams left next year?

I don’t think so apart from stags who have probably spanked it up the wall this year.

If we can sign Eardley we will be there or there abouts.
Small margins.
Lyle Taylor instead of Rhead playing up to with Green would be an excellent sigining IMHO.
Cover at left back required.
Get Freck fit would help.
Enough centre backs signed so Bozzy doesn't have to into defence too.

They really only had 3 better players then ours

Stockley who is a rhead style player with pace
The lazy but skilful player who ran the show (annoying fashion beard)
The centre back who got a dent from. Rhead

Other then that we are close

In some respects are there any big budget teams left next year?

I don’t think so apart from stags who have probably spanked it up the wall this year.

If we can sign Eardley we will be there or there abouts.

I agree, but those 3 superior players make them almost 31% better than us! :lol: