Transfer targets | Page 3 | Vital Football

Transfer targets

I think I would be tempted to maybe bring in another player on loan until the end of the season,(assuming we manage to hang on to everyone before the end of the January transfer window) but then let it ride. Play with the squad we've got.
As 1 more addition, I would see if Gary Fletcher Taylor (just been released by Accrington Stanley so out of contract) wants to come and train, so we can have a look at him, with a view to playing until the end of the season. or Margetts? he's not playing, but he's probably on a decent wedge at Scunny, he'd be taking a pay cut to transfer back. Maybe loan until end of April might work though. Looking like we are on track to go up, so save the majority of the money until the summer and then we will be able to attract players(need to be the right sort) with proven football league experience. Nothing against Ricky Miller, but all we know is he's ok in our league and Conference North but didn't make it in the football league with Luton for some reason. Come the summer we will seriously be in the market for players discarded by Championship and Div 1 clubs. So save the money without going totally Gilbert Blades. :thumb:

The fact that move to Motherwell has been rumoured for ages but not materialised makes me think there's more than one option on the table for him.

I think Cheltenham have been interested in the past. What's his attitude like if he's refusing to play for FGR?

JT_LCFC - 22/1/2017 16:37

I think Cheltenham have been interested in the past. What's his attitude like if he's refusing to play for FGR?

just dandy, I'd say! :pointy:

Just remembered he was sacked by Luton. A report of it says it was for breach of club discipline when he was arrested over an assault and racist abuse of a taxi driver after their end of season party. however he did get off, at the trial. Just looked up his playing record prior to being sacked. 15 apps 2 goals. that was when Luton were in Division 2.

Frear almost joined Cheltenham in August, and Tranmere also made a bid around that time. Has a very proactive agent apparently, so make of that what you will.

As for Gary T-F, just no. He is nearly 36 now and left Tranmere without a whimper; he never got fit while he was there, and even their rose-tinted brigade thought he was a waste of space. Finished, I'm afraid.

The Electric Banana - 22/1/2017 16:28

Luke Imp - 22/1/2017 16:23

You said that about Norwood in August. ;)

No I didn't, you have mixed me up with some one else.

The Electric Banana - 31/8/2016 21:46

Dreaming of McAuley - 31/8/2016 21:42

The Electric Banana - 31/8/2016 21:41

Norwood from Tranmere to the Imps?

I hope you're not serious

Watch this space.

No chance of Frear. Even if he wanted to be here and we wanted him. Cable would rather let him go to Motherwell for nothing than see him sign for a promotion rival. Which is a shame as he'd be ideal!

The Miller of Friday wasn't the Miller I remember from last season, so it was difficult to judge him didn't look a happy camper that was for sure.

There's a lot of players out there. I'm sure the Cowleys will have an eye on scores, at the very least.

One interesting conundrum is to whether they keep most of their powder dry for the Summer, using loan signings as far as possible.

Scotimp - 22/1/2017 16:47

Frear almost joined Cheltenham in August, and Tranmere also made a bid around that time. Has a very proactive agent apparently, so make of that what you will.

As for Gary T-F, just no. He is nearly 36 now and left Tranmere without a whimper; he never got fit while he was there, and even their rose-tinted brigade thought he was a waste of space. Finished, I'm afraid.
and, despite his goals first time around, his lack of effort in the play-offs , knowing he was off elsewhere, killed our dream. I'd rather him not spoil it again!

plumbob - 22/1/2017 17:04

Scotimp - 22/1/2017 16:47

and, despite his goals first time around, his lack of effort in the play-offs , knowing he was off elsewhere, killed our dream. I'd rather him not spoil it again!

If the Cowleys sign GTF, I'll have to revise my almost wholly positive opinion of them. I don't think that is even remotely likely to be necessary.

Luke Imp - 22/1/2017 16:53

The Electric Banana - 22/1/2017 16:28

Luke Imp - 22/1/2017 16:23

You said that about Norwood in August. ;)

No I didn't, you have mixed me up with some one else.

The Electric Banana - 31/8/2016 21:46

Dreaming of McAuley - 31/8/2016 21:42

The Electric Banana - 31/8/2016 21:41

Norwood from Tranmere to the Imps?

I hope you're not serious

Watch this space.

Ouch

No direct link to Lincoln but a player who is being frequently scouted is Darren McQueen of Ebbsfleet. A number of reps from VNL and L2 have been to see him.