Transfer speculation | Page 168 | Vital Football

Transfer speculation

There's a rumour on twitter Josh Umerah has agreed to sign for Carlisle. I think the eggs in one basket is coming home to bite us on the striker front if that goes through!

Last edited:
There's a rumour on twitter Josh Umerah has agreed to sing for Carlisle. I think the eggs in one basket is coming home to bite us on the striker front if that goes through!

Did I miss something here? Umerah was picked up from non league this time last season by a team that was subsequently relegated, with their fans saying he went missing in the last few games, when they most needed him.

Did he shine against us, despite Hartlepool not scoring in either game?

Did I miss something here? Umerah was picked up from non league this time last season by a team that was subsequently relegated, with their fans saying he went missing in the last few games, when they most needed him.

Did he shine against us, despite Hartlepool not scoring in either game?
My thoughts exactly, would have been a waste of our money if indeed we were ever interested.

The only problem with the long wait is managing supporters’ expectations. It seems to me that the longer it goes on the greater the need will be to make a signing that makes people sit up. If we wait a long time and we end up with someone underwhelming it will feel like the club might have burst a bit of a bubble. Remember Brad raised those expectations by the things he said in January.

The only problem with the long wait is managing supporters’ expectations. It seems to me that the longer it goes on the greater the need will be to make a signing that makes people sit up. If we wait a long time and we end up with someone underwhelming it will feel like the club might have burst a bit of a bubble. Remember Brad raised those expectations by the things he said in January.
Indeed Brad did say we needed to have another lucrative and aggressive summer window. I'm still confident it will happen - we may even do some of our business after the season starts - Not ideal but Stockport aside, the run of games in August should be manageable with the current group.

Was hoping we would unveil a new player before tonights friendly against Charlton.
I had a gut feeling something would be announced today but once again my gut let me down!

Unless we have someone presented on the pitch tonight?

So slow and demoralising but in B&G we must trust along with the whole new set up

I have no F patience

I had a gut feeling something would be announced today but once again my gut let me down!

Unless we have someone presented on the pitch tonight?

So slow and demoralising but in B&G we must trust along with the whole new set up

I have no F patience
Think that’s the issue we not all just don’t have the patience,didn’t help the May saga just went on and on,when bulk of us knew it wouldn’t probably happen,we prayed it would obviously.
We just seem to be going round in circles at the moment,guess lot going on behind scenes and hopefully we will all be rewarded maybe tonight

Martin Allen wanted to sign Dwight Gayle from Dagenham & Redbridge when he first turned up at Gillingham, but Mr Scally didn’t want to part with £250,000 for a player with one goal in eight appearances! November 2012 after seven goals in ten games joins Peterborough on loan with a view to a permanent deal in January 2013! Posh pay £500,000 for him! Thirteen goals in twenty nine games signs for Crystal Palace in July 2013 for £4.5m
Scally was willing to pay the fee, lets no rewrite history here

The Ojo rumour that I saw was from a parody Gillingham FC Supporters Club account, and I can’t see the post any more.
Ok there’s people mentioning it on the Facebook forum also, they said he’s in the 1893 club tonight with Jackett and Hess. But don’t know if that is true personally.

I vaguely know Dwight Gayle, his dad and I use the same golf coach.

He's done very very well for himself for a kid from Chadwell Heath. I would be very surprised if he is prepared to drop to league 2, I think he still has a year at Stoke on big money.

I vaguely know Dwight Gayle, his dad and I use the same golf coach.

He's done very very well for himself for a kid from Chadwell Heath. I would be very surprised if he is prepared to drop to league 2, I think he still has a year at Stoke on big money.
A loan deal if he is replaced somewhere possibly?
But he did play over 30 games last year so he may have turned more in to a provider than a scorer.In which case perhaps he did enough.