Transfer speculation | Page 107 | Vital Football

Transfer speculation

Reading all these posts makes it sound like a ton of business is getting done.

I've just been through the list and there's only 30 something transfers announced in L2 so far. Most clubs haven't signed anyone.

I keep reminding myself to be patient.

Three year contract at 29 reportedly! Not sure if we are keen on such long contracts.

Solid signing.

But I agree, 3 years was probably the deciding factor there. Unless we're looking at high talents who and 25/6 under, I'd be reluctant to offer anyone more than 2 years, or 2 with a club option.

Great job security for him.

Solid signing.

But I agree, 3 years was probably the deciding factor there. Unless we're looking at high talents who and 25/6 under, I'd be reluctant to offer anyone more than 2 years, or 2 with a club option.

Great job security for him.
And he’s getting married so the extra security no doubt a massive factor!

There does appear to be lots of lazy journalism going on at the moment, with most half decent lower league players being linked to Wrexham, Notts County and us.

One thing that does strike me this season is how much more profile League 2 has this season because of the Wrexham affect. I would almost go as far as saying now that League 1 has seen a couple of its higher profile teams being promoted that there is not much difference in the prolife of the leagues in media

I wonder if either of these two Exeter City plyers are heading in our direction? Both are good ages, playerd lots of games (150 plus) and have experience of winning promotion from League 2. Interestingly Key was subject to a #1m bid.

I wonder if either of these two Exeter City plyers are heading in our direction? Both are good ages, playerd lots of games (150 plus) and have experience of winning promotion from League 2. Interestingly Key was subject to a #1m bid.
They are both good players and will command a tribunal fee for development.
I’d expect both to go higher than league two, although, having said that, Exeter are not good payers, so if the offer is right, who knows ?
They could find themselves in the McKenzie position of having clubs interested but not willing to pay the compensation.

They are both good players and will command a tribunal fee for development.
I’d expect both to go higher than league two, although, having said that, Exeter are not good payers, so if the offer is right, who knows ?
They could find themselves in the McKenzie position of having clubs interested but not willing to pay the compensation.
Usual questions. Have they got pace and can either play out wide?

What we need is width and pace, and good delivery. Last game of the season, it looks like Key played the widest of a middle five, whereas Collins was more central. Midfield is not the highest priority for us IMO.

I think people are really trying to manifest signings being announced from the kit reveals. Somebody on twitter has commented on the latest teaser from the Gills Twitter page that the player in the home kit in the middle has a tatto on their left wrist and then posted a comparison photo of Ben Thompson who also has a left wrist tattoo.

Usual questions. Have they got pace and can either play out wide?

What we need is width and pace, and good delivery. Last game of the season, it looks like Key played the widest of a middle five, whereas Collins was more central. Midfield is not the highest priority for us IMO.
I don’t think either are wide players or blessed with lightning pace.
I always saw Key as a defender.
I think Collins plays anywhere in midfield.
If we want good delivery from wide, bust the budget and sign Graham.

I was reading yesterday that Wrexham could be losing a couple of their better players.
Tommy O’Connor attracting Championship clubs and Mullins interesting a couple of bigger league one clubs.
Their fans keep saying that they are passing through league two, maybe not !

I was reading yesterday that Wrexham could be losing a couple of their better players.
Tommy O’Connor attracting Championship clubs and Mullins interesting a couple of bigger league one clubs.
Their fans keep saying that they are passing through league two, maybe not !
O'Connor must have improved a lot since his loan spells with us. Decent and probably League One level , but I thought Alfie Jones was better.

I hope the Wrexham players think they are just passing through. They may get a rude awakening.

You know the other day we had a picture of two ice cream favours and a cherry on the top.Well I was wondering about that could the Cherry be someone leaving Bournemouth?
The ice cream Wall's possibly ?
Two from Millwall was all that I could think of .

Within the realms of possibility and not fantasy which player would be your number one signing from all those rumoured or mooted?

For me, Graham.

You know the other day we had a picture of two ice cream favours and a cherry on the top.Well I was wondering about that could the Cherry be someone leaving Bournemouth?
The ice cream Wall's possibly ?
Two from Millwall was all that I could think of .
What did I miss? Do we have a link to the pic? Was it on twitter?