Transfer speculation | Page 104 | Vital Football

Transfer speculation

Wow ! Absolute quality.

That really is an eye catcher.

I think Gills really need to announce something by COP next week, statement-ish if possible.

Season starts 8 weeks today, preseason games start 4 weeks today and you'd really like to have the new players well in advance of that, especially as I suspect this will be quite a heavy-legged preseason which we need them to be a part of.

Don't get me wrong - Masterson was wonderful to get on board early, but having been on loan already (and set for release from QPR), while a good signing, the pizzazz factor wasn't as high to send a big message.

In football, there is no truth, only perception. We need something to turn heads, build some more momentum.

Think it was a simple case of going home for Mcgoldrick. He’s 35 now and location of club is probably more important than what league they are in etc.
Agree with that but if he stays fit and injury free it’s a bloody good signing might be 35 but still quality

When everyone started making Wrexham and Notts County favourites to go up again I had my doubts but more signings like this and Notts County will be amongst it
Looking forward to our signings so we can watch these guys battle for second and third 😆😆😆

Two fairly reliable sources, have said May deal is done, I will believe it when I see it personally. I am not actually convinced he would be THAT good of a signing, but given the clubs after him, it would be a genuine wow moment if we pull this off - I suspect it would create a snowball effect with other players who may be on the fence.

Local rags in Cheltenham suggesting we’ve not even bid and that Charlton have had one accepted, so I think we can possibly mark this one down as being bollocks sadly and have been steered wrong. Goes from fairly reliable, to somewhat reliable!

Local rags in Cheltenham suggesting we’ve not even bid and that Charlton have had one accepted, so I think we can possibly mark this one down as being bollocks sadly and have been steered wrong. Goes from fairly reliable, to somewhat reliable!
At the time that May was first suggested we would have had no idea of who else was after him.Or indeed the sort of fee those clubs would offer.
My guess would be that May has been moved financially out of our market .No shame in that this part of the summer is all about getting the right players lined up at the right prices .If we are going to break the bank with a striker he probably has to be someone quicker bigger and stronger than May .No point in getting May and leaving him and or Nichols isolated.
We possibly can still chase May but it might be that it isn't right for the total funds we have available.

Last edited:
At the time that May was first muted we would have had no idea of who else was after him.Or indeed the sort of fee those clubs would offer.
My guess would be that May has been moved financially out of our market .No shame in that this part of the summer is all about getting the right players lined up at the right prices .If we are going to break the bank with a striker he probably has to be someone quicker bigger and stronger than May .No point in getting May and leaving him and or Nichols isolated.
We possibly can still chase May but it might be that it isn't right for the total funds we have available.
If he's been muted he's not the type we need. We need vocal players ideally. On the other hand, he may have been mooted.....😎