Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21 | Page 8 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21

I do. And it won't be workpermits as per they currently stand. It will be quick sign-offs.
And any new immigration law will contain the ability to have exemptions for certain industries based on need
Didn't realise that and I assume football isn't the only 'trade' for this to be agree?

Work permit rules for footballers are created and controlled by the FA, not the government. Any professional footballer with a contract offer will always pass a government's "skilled worker" process, due to the amount of money even a bang-average player makes. The government would only need to get involved in circumstances where a foreign player is out of contract and their visa expires.

The FA's current set of rules is designed to limit the amount of foreign players coming in, in theory protecting English players and the quality of the national team, but can only be applied to non-EU footballers at the moment due to EU laws. The FA are yet to announce if and when that might change next year, but they could choose to apply the same rules to everyone if they wish to.

Jones could do really well for us to be fair. But........... wages. And.......... necessary?

Setting the money issues aside, where would he play for us? He isn't dominant enough to play the Egan role, and he is neither mobile enough, nor fit enough, to play the Bash role. In fact, he is the polar opposite to Bash in terms of fitness.

Setting the money issues aside, where would he play for us? He isn't dominant enough to play the Egan role, and he is neither mobile enough, nor fit enough, to play the Bash role. In fact, he is the polar opposite to Bash in terms of fitness.

I think he'd do well at either RCB or CB. It's just whether he'd go in as a starter - if not then it wouldn't be viable.

I wouldn't say Egan is particularly dominant, and I don't think Jones lacks fitness.

I think a move to someone like us is exactly what he needs. But no doubt he's on a silly contract at Man U, so could well just stay put indefinitely.

Josh King :punk:

I've just seen that Treeton Blade on S2 has said we have made contact. He's had some reliable info in the past, so this one is a maybe. He's in the last year of his contract, so the fee should be affordable, but he would still need to take a pay cut to join us. He'd be an excellent signing, if he can sort his injury issues out...

Niggling injuries and high wages would put most possibe suitors off Phil Jones, a player who even his own fans call Calamity. I agree that a move to a club like us would be best for his playing career at this stage. He's a better footballer than he is a defender, playing in a back three with midfielders and wingbacks dropping back would leave him less exposed.

Perhaps a more realistic signing in need of rehabilitation is Ben Gibson. Always liked him at Boro, only 27, can cover the left and centre and was on the fringes of the England squad. Dyche seemed to fall out with him as soon as he entered the door. Warnock is rumoured to want him back at Boro.

I think he'd do well at either RCB or CB. It's just whether he'd go in as a starter - if not then it wouldn't be viable.

I wouldn't say Egan is particularly dominant, and I don't think Jones lacks fitness.

I think a move to someone like us is exactly what he needs. But no doubt he's on a silly contract at Man U, so could well just stay put indefinitely.
According to that table I put up last week he’s one of the lowest paid on 75k a week

7B1EFB31-0736-4AC1-A2AB-7208EA500C59.jpeg

Niggling injuries and high wages would put most possibe suitors off Phil Jones, a player who even his own fans call Calamity. I agree that a move to a club like us would be best for his playing career at this stage. He's a better footballer than he is a defender, playing in a back three with midfielders and wingbacks dropping back would leave him less exposed.

Perhaps a more realistic signing in need of rehabilitation is Ben Gibson. Always liked him at Boro, only 27, can cover the left and centre and was on the fringes of the England squad. Dyche seemed to fall out with him as soon as he entered the door. Warnock is rumoured to want him back at Boro.
Don't see Wilder going for a player Dyche has fallen out with

Don't see Wilder going for a player Dyche has fallen out with

They can exchange stories next time they go golfing together. CW will have a few with Ravel, Moose and Besic's agent.

It's a very odd situation with Ben Gibson, Burnley run a tight thrifty ship but they've wasted millions on him. There's potentially a very good player for a bargain price up for grabs.

'WUM' on S2 is difficult to work out.

It increasingly seems like he's actually a legitimate ITK but then he posts...

"-We’ve had a bid turned down for Isak but it was only to test the waters. Another will be submitted closer to the 30 million mark."

Alexander Isak. 20 y/o Sociedad striker, bought from Dortmund, who have a buy back option.

Future world class centre forward.

This seems utterly ridiculous.

If true, I don't know what we're thinking. But it would indicate how our ambition continues to totally surpass all reasonable expectations.

Just want to say I think Phil Jones is absolute bobbar and pray he only ever sets foot on our pitch to look a plantpot for ManYoo. Don't know anything about this striker Alexander Graham bell or whatever but as long as he is f*****g starving and faster than Usain Bolt I'll exclude the French requirement.

Just want to say I think Phil Jones is absolute bobbar and pray he only ever sets foot on our pitch to look a plantpot for ManYoo. Don't know anything about this striker Alexander Graham bell or whatever but as long as he is f*****g starving and faster than Usain Bolt I'll exclude the French requirement.

He's one of those typical black Swedish lads. Really does look pretty hungry with a good attitude. Has good pace and agility as well as height, skill, technique, finishing ability..... the lot. Shades of Ibrahimovic.