Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21 | Page 7 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21

Two more could be ticks could be added. He is in a position we need cover/challenge and fits Wilders criteria if the report is correct

The initial story linking us to him said we would send him out on loan to Beerschot. He's from Ghana and has no international appearances at any level, so I don't see how he could get a work permit to play over here at the minute.

International clearance rules? Anyone know the rules for foriegn players for 2021?
(and out of the EU grip).

As one who knows very little about players who play for other clubs, I always read with interest these threads of who we could or should get; who we might sell and how much for etc. Rather annoyingly though, the crucial part of any move that we rarely know, is if the player (and/or his agent) actually wants to move, either to us, or to another club. Obviously, this is doubly so in swap deals or part exchanges. Add to that, our limited budget and a lot of agents demanding ridiculous amounts of money for their clients and themselves, and the picture gets even murkier.
Even those deals that I know are genuine efforts on our part, frequently come to nothing.
However, please keep up the speculation, from the media or simply from your own wish list, especially during the close season. I need something to provide me with my ”football fix”.

The thread from 'WUM' on the S2 Rumour Mill throws up a few interesting new things.

Not sure whether he's a genuine WUM making it up or his name is just Walter Ugurcan Matthews.

Eze, Josh King, Watkins
Zivkovic staying for £3.5m!!?
Ben Cabango (Swansea CB)
Junior Stanislas
Adam Idah
Wilder has indeed bullsh!tted about the budget being lower than it is
And Mousset wanted by 2 Ligue 1 clubs, including...... Nantes! It's almost as if he's been reading stuff on here...!

But we are introducing work permits from January for normal workers but you insist the footballers get a 'free pass'?
I do. And it won't be workpermits as per they currently stand. It will be quick sign-offs.

And any new immigration law will contain the ability to have exemptions for certain industries based on need

I do. And it won't be workpermits as per they currently stand. It will be quick sign-offs.

And any new immigration law will contain the ability to have exemptions for certain industries based on need

Didn't realise that and I assume football isn't the only 'trade' for this to be agree?
Will the EU sign players from us on the same basis?

Didn't realise that and I assume football isn't the only 'trade' for this to be agree?
Will the EU sign players from us on the same basis?
I can't see any reason why not. You are getting into restriction of trade and football makes too money for that.

And yes, the rules will allow for whatever industry needs people to relax the rules

The thread from 'WUM' on the S2 Rumour Mill throws up a few interesting new things.

Not sure whether he's a genuine WUM making it up or his name is just Walter Ugurcan Matthews.

Eze, Josh King, Watkins
Zivkovic staying for £3.5m!!?
Ben Cabango (Swansea CB)
Junior Stanislas
Adam Idah
Wilder has indeed bullsh!tted about the budget being lower than it is
And Mousset wanted by 2 Ligue 1 clubs, including...... Nantes! It's almost as if he's been reading stuff on here...!
Have you seen Adam Armstrong at all Herbie. I’ve seen him a couple of times and I thought he was very good. If Billy goes he’d fit the bill. Skillful and scores goals.

Have you seen Adam Armstrong at all Herbie. I’ve seen him a couple of times and I thought he was very good. If Billy goes he’d fit the bill. Skillful and scores goals.

I wanted him 2 years ago, when Blackburn got him for just £1.75m. Interesting to see that he's progressed exactly as I expected, if maybe a little lower on the goals in the first season. We on the other hand progressed quicker than I expected!

Impressive player on an upward trajectory. Skillful and scores the difficult goals as well. All the ability is there and he'll continue learning how to play a central role. Only thing against him is his small stature.

I think another season in the Championship is best for him now but would not be at all surprised to see Blackburn fending off big bids for him next summer, or even January.

Edit - just seen he's won their player of the season too. And they've had a decent season. Big accolade.

Last edited:
Also - 14 of his goals have come in the last 28 games.

This seems like a prime example of a player who's right on the verge of crossing that line from 'speculative punt' to 'premium buy' as far as Championship players go.

I wanted him 2 years ago, when Blackburn got him for just £1.75m. Interesting to see that he's progressed exactly as I expected, if maybe a little lower on the goals in the first season. We on the other hand progressed quicker than I expected!

Impressive player on an upward trajectory. Skillful and scores the difficult goals as well. All the ability is there and he'll continue learning how to play a central role. Only thing against him is his small stature.

I think another season in the Championship is best for him now but would not be at all surprised to see Blackburn fending off big bids for him next summer, or even January.

Edit - just seen he's won their player of the season too. And they've had a decent season. Big accolade.
I thought he was really good when we played Blackburn in the Totty cup. Scored that night. He’s only young at 23. We would get him for 3/4 £Mill.