Transfer rumors | Page 120 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

Sorry folks, what I'm seeing so far of signings and targets I think is likely to end up as a very bad transfer window of recruitment.

Can't see any of them being in the team the following season. Can't see any of them particularly improving us.

If we do better next season I dont think it will come from these players but from improvements to players like Appiah, Yates, Cash and Carvalho who are already here. In the sense that none of them have been sold this hasn't been a disastrous window so far.

I bet within a few months it will be back to Cash and Osborn in midfield again. Robbo at left back. Darikwa RB. That's just how I'm seeing it so far.

Hope I'm wrong but really not impressed so far

I stand with you on that #istandwithpope

I'm quite open-minded to us signing foreign players to be honest. I certainly don't think that because we've signed some foreign duds in the past that all future foreign signings will be duds. As ever I will judge any new signings on what they do on the pitch; not on the fact that I've not heard of them before.

Also, signing players from leagues they were familiar with didn't do the previous unknowns David Wagner or Daniel Farke any harm did it?

We've signed plenty of shite, over-priced and injury-prone British players in the past but that doesn't make me feel we should stop signing British players.

In recent years we have seen enough examples of teams being promoted with teams of hard-working British players (Burnley, Cardiff, Sheff Utd) and teams with a foreign core (Wolves, Watford, Fulham) to show that there isn't one proven recruitment method that will get you out of this league.
:tophat:

Sorry folks, what I'm seeing so far of signings and targets I think is likely to end up as a very bad transfer window of recruitment.

Can't see any of them being in the team the following season. Can't see any of them particularly improving us.

If we do better next season I dont think it will come from these players but from improvements to players like Appiah, Yates, Cash and Carvalho who are already here. In the sense that none of them have been sold this hasn't been a disastrous window so far.

I bet within a few months it will be back to Cash and Osborn in midfield again. Robbo at left back. Darikwa RB. That's just how I'm seeing it so far.

So why come out with your bollox every year deniying that you are negative? How the hell can you deny it? Its just ridiculous

Early days yet though.

Am not impressed by Ameobi but Silva looks an interesting player. If Muric does come in he is top drawer and potentially an absolute ringer in this league.

A month to go so more than enough time for us to bring in some players to whet the appetite.

We were reporedly looking at a couple of young strikers from league one or Scotland a month or so ago wernt we? Those rumours one quiet so I actually wonder if one of them may be on as that does seem our way to a degree.

The Uruguan guy was also someone that one of our board likes and have been in talks a few times apparently but I dont see us spending big as I had us down with only a 5mil budget for the lot.

The squad is clearly good enough to challenge but I still insist we need more 'real' strikers to be securely in that top 6. Anyone have have real thoughts of what we will do? Maybe we will actually declare a 3mil signing on a promising type? or Maybe Walker is banging three in every training session and looks useful to the new boss?

It's those recruitment that could go very well, the one thing we have had with foreign recruitment we have never struggled to move on the ones which haven't worked out. However in the British market we have struggled to move on players that haven't worked out bloating our squad out. So very different ways of looking at it.

Let's see how this batch play out, one thing is we are looking for attack minded players in all positions so the football should be positive.

You'd only worry about Carvalho and Lolley.

I would actually keep quite a few but add grabben to those two and that is the quality we need. Get something like that in midfield and a fullback and we already have a spine.

Agree with whoever said that in this league u r better focussing on consistency in your own team rather than planning for the opposition.

I would actually keep quite a few but add grabben to those two and that is the quality we need. Get something like that in midfield and a fullback and we already have a spine.

Agree with whoever said that in this league u r better focussing on consistency in your own team rather than planning for the opposition.

Yeah, Grabban too.

Although I preferred Earnie to Grabban.

Robert+Earnshaw+Billy+Davies+Derby+County+RGvNnv1Y8lZl.jpg