Transfer rumors | Page 119 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

I'm quite open-minded to us signing foreign players to be honest. I certainly don't think that because we've signed some foreign duds in the past that all future foreign signings will be duds. As ever I will judge any new signings on what they do on the pitch; not on the fact that I've not heard of them before.

Also, signing players from leagues they were familiar with didn't do the previous unknowns David Wagner or Daniel Farke any harm did it?

We've signed plenty of shite, over-priced and injury-prone British players in the past but that doesn't make me feel we should stop signing British players.

In recent years we have seen enough examples of teams being promoted with teams of hard-working British players (Burnley, Cardiff, Sheff Utd) and teams with a foreign core (Wolves, Watford, Fulham) to show that there isn't one proven recruitment method that will get you out of this league.
Happy to be open minded as well to an extent.

I certainly want to see them play. But my default this summer so far is that it is likely to be shit until I have seen otherwise.

I fully recognise that most others will have a default assumption that it is going to be great until they see otherwise.

I think my position is more supported by historical precedent, but people can do as they wish.

Happy to be open minded as well to an extent.

I certainly want to see them play. But my default this summer so far is that it is likely to be shit until I have seen otherwise.

I fully recognise that most others will have a default assumption that it is going to be great until they see otherwise.

I think my position is more supported by historical precedent, but people can do as they wish.

I'm not assuming everything will be great this season, I'm just not going to pre-judge a manager or any of his signings on the basis that I've never heard of them. I'm happy to sit back and judge them on what they do rather than who they are.

Of course as the season gets nearer I will become more optimistic. I think it's in-built into fans that they are optimistic of a successful season, even if it is unfounded. I've not seen anything yet that depresses me going into the new season (except maybe Darikwa returning from the African Nations)

Some appointments are more of a "punt" than others, but every single one is a gamble because none are guaranteed to bring success. That first season for Pep, being the case point. If there are signs that this guy is taking us in the right direction, he should be given the time to do it. Karanka was doing just that and MoN was the reverse.

In regards to taking a punt on players, quality endures but how it is managed on the field is the key to it being intrinsic to the teams success.

I am to give this fella and his signings a go. I did laugh at the furore on social media when we signed Silva. I am sure some fans thought it was the fella from PSG.

Clowns.

If we are going to spend £4m on a right back I would rather we looked at someone like Tommy Smith at Huddersfield. Not sure he would be interested though...

Am not convinced we will spend that much on anyone bar a striker this season. Certainly doesn’t feel like we are willing to splash out and that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

We've also wasted even more on cheap foreign imports that have no consistency, poor attitude or can't cope in our league
We don't want either. Not all our foreign imports have had a poor attitude and couldn't cope in the championship. The success of all transfers are contingent upon the nous of the individuals doing the recruiting and luck. Big money spent on Byrom would be a big gamble.

I'm not assuming everything will be great this season, I'm just not going to pre-judge a manager or any of his signings on the basis that I've never heard of them. I'm happy to sit back and judge them on what they do rather than who they are.

Of course as the season gets nearer I will become more optimistic. I think it's in-built into fans that they are optimistic of a successful season, even if it is unfounded. I've not seen anything yet that depresses me going into the new season (except maybe Darikwa returning from the African Nations)

FFS what’s this got to do with the word random...

Don't know if it is SL or DOF but Silva, Muric and Samedo (if it happens) look real quality. Talk of two fullbacks. Need a 20+goal striker and things will look rosie. The surprising thing is that so far it has cost very little. Need to get rid of some. Grant to Lincoln for £200K was good business for us and them. Need some more like that. Could be a good July.

These are the most recent performance statistics for Ribeiro. He played only two cup games last season

"Worthless stats", etc but how is this guy better than Robinson?

Screenshot_20190707-115618_Twitter.jpg

Some appointments are more of a "punt" than others, but every single one is a gamble because none are guaranteed to bring success. That first season for Pep, being the case point. If there are signs that this guy is taking us in the right direction, he should be given the time to do it. Karanka was doing just that and MoN was the reverse.

In regards to taking a punt on players, quality endures but how it is managed on the field is the key to it being intrinsic to the teams success.

I am to give this fella and his signings a go. I did laugh at the furore on social media when we signed Silva. I am sure some fans thought it was the fella from PSG.

Clowns.
Owd “I am to give this fella and his signings a go”

T***********t

These are the most recent performance statistics for Ribeiro. He played only two cup games last season

View attachment 33838

I would guess he is younger, is good cover at least, available, cheap and has pace. Don't know till I see him play. I always think Robinson is better as CB in either a four or a three. .

View attachment 33838
He's a natural left back?

BTW no offence against Robinson- if we play with 3 CB's this season and we have pacey cover down the flanks then I think Robbo will be a stand-out at left CB

If we have any realistic ambitions we should not be signing anyone just as ‘cover’. Whoever comes in should be at least as good as, if not better than, the player they are coming in to compete with. That’s how we improve as a club.

There are exceptions to this of course but they should be few and far between.

Sorry folks, what I'm seeing so far of signings and targets I think is likely to end up as a very bad transfer window of recruitment.

Can't see any of them being in the team the following season. Can't see any of them particularly improving us.

If we do better next season I dont think it will come from these players but from improvements to players like Appiah, Yates, Cash and Carvalho who are already here. In the sense that none of them have been sold this hasn't been a disastrous window so far.

I bet within a few months it will be back to Cash and Osborn in midfield again. Robbo at left back. Darikwa RB. That's just how I'm seeing it so far.

Hope I'm wrong but really not impressed so far