Transfer rumors | Page 157 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

You think Forest not world class footballers lol I doubt you've even seen one in a forest shirt bar Ramsay for the last 20 years.

Wellbeck would offer pace, movement and power that we've not seen since God knows when. I think you're severely underestimating the difference between Forest and Arsenal lol

The last time Forest played Arsenal, Forest won 4-2 and Welbeck was masterbate.

You think Forest not world class footballers lol I doubt you've even seen one in a forest shirt bar Ramsay for the last 20 years.

Wellbeck would offer pace, movement and power that we've not seen since God knows when. I think you're severely underestimating the difference between Forest and Arsenal lol
I disagree with you but at least you are the first person to actually offer some reasons.

It's not about the difference between us and Arsenal so much though is it?

Probably a third of the teams he has been playing and failing to score against will have been teams that we would have played relatively recently. The PL isn't all top four- he'll have played plenty of games against teams that were not much higher than SBC level.

The one time I have seen him play a very poor SBC side he looked absolutely woeful. That was against us and he made Brereton look like the international class striker

No doubt Wellbeck has some talent but always struck me as lazy, may get away with that to some extent in the prem but not in our league.

Grabs over Wellbeck every time for me.

Welbeck is an average prem striker with a below average goals ratio, that's playing for 2 top sides imagine if he was playing for a mid table club with less chances created. His wages would be daft for what he offers, he'll end up somewhere like Norwich or Brighton.

I disagree with you but at least you are the first person to actually offer some reasons.

Probably a third of the teams he has been playing and failing to score against will have been teams that we would have played relatively recently. The PL isn't all top four- he'll have played plenty of games against teams that were not much higher than SBC level.

The one time I have seen him play a very poor SBC side he looked absolutely woeful. That was against us and he made Brereton look like the international class striker

A 1/3 goal or assist in the PL isn't awful, neither is it great but the gulf in class is huge.

That aside it's what he brings to a side in terms of work, pace, movement, power etc is more highly valued by his managers.

Compare him to the other player linked who was an utter failure at Newcastle and stated he hated the physical side of things. Wellbeck would physically shine in this league.

It's irrelevant anyway, he'll go to a lower midtable PL side, do okish and then get injured.

How many of those games did Welbeck start ? He is typically brought on from the bench...does this skew his stats?

Youre fkn deluded. end of

Youre fkn deluded. end of

Let me start out by saying I don’t for one second think that welbeck would come here, but to say that you wouldn’t want a current England striker in the prime of his career in our squad in the championship is absolute madness.
If he played the full season he would up there with the top scorers in the league.
He won’t come to us he will be playing in the premier or a top division in Europe when someone signs him for free..

Let me start out by saying I don’t for one second think that welbeck would come here, but to say that you wouldn’t want a current England striker in the prime of his career in our squad in the championship is absolute madness.
If he played the full season he would up there with the top scorers in the league.
He won’t come to us he will be playing in the premier or a top division in Europe when someone signs him for free..
The "prime" of his career?

So that is scoring single figure goals and single figure matches.

We've done all this before. Salivating over players because of their reputations rather than their actual ability or achievements.

Here's a fun comparison for you. Take a look at Welbeck's record and compare it to Nicklas Bendtner's.

Eerily similar...

My friend at work is a Derby fan and he reckons they are interested in Andre Gray from Watford. I would sooner have him than welbeck

My friend at work is a Derby fan and he reckons they are interested in Andre Gray from Watford. I would sooner have him than welbeck
That would be an amazing signing. Still has 4 years in him at least, fantastic SBC record and done pretty well on goals with a side that creates a fraction of the chances that Welbeck's clubs do.

Got to be a £15m+ fee though and hard to imagine that Fulham's PP money wouldn't be splashed before we could do anything.

We are fortunate this season though to have two relegated clubs who are in no financial position to take advantage of that money

That would be an amazing signing. Still has 4 years in him at least, fantastic SBC record and done pretty well on goals with a side that creates a fraction of the chances that Welbeck's clubs do.

Got to be a £15m+ fee though and hard to imagine that Fulham's PP money wouldn't be splashed before we could do anything.

We are fortunate this season though to have two relegated clubs who are in no financial position to take advantage of that money

Hehe, love you pope.

Same age as welbeck.

Large fee as opposed to free transfer.

Small part of career played in prem where he has hardly been prolific. Compared to entire career played in prem.

I wouldn’t be averse to us being in for Andre Gray but not sure I would be too thrilled at that price tag.

Think Gallagher at £5m is the better bet.