transfer day deadline | Page 2 | Vital Football

transfer day deadline

It appears we will have to submit a squad list after the window closes:

43.9 Squad Lists

43.9.1 Clubs shall be permitted to name up to a maximum number of Players in their Squad
List based on the following provisions:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, 25 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player;

(b) in respect of League One and Two Clubs:
(i) in Season 2020/21, 22 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player; and
(ii) in Season 2021/22 and each subsequent Season, 20 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player.

The limit set out in Regulation 43.9.1(b)(ii) increases to 22 for any Club relegated into League One, for its first Season following relegation.

43.9.2 The following Players do not need to be included in the Squad List to be eligible to play in League Matches:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, any Under 21 Player (save for any Under 21 Player who is registered with the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer); and

(b) in respect of League One Clubs and League Two Clubs, any Under 21 Players.

Looking at that I would assume that Home Grown does not mean that we are the Club that must have developed the players; in which case we are comfortably within the guidelines.

We have two players in the 21 age bracket

Which leaves, assuming Hughton is being as good as his word with the Bomb squad amnesty and we are going to sign 2 more players, any 25 from 28

Who will be the three to be left out?

You would assume Clough; I am guessing Bacherou; will Bong be the third one?

43.9 Squad Lists

43.9.1 Clubs shall be permitted to name up to a maximum number of Players in their Squad

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, 25 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player;

(i) in Season 2020/21, 22 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player; and
(ii) in Season 2021/22 and each subsequent Season, 20 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player.

The limit set out in Regulation 43.9.1(b)(ii) increases to 22 for any Club relegated into League One, for its first Season following relegation.

43.9.2 The following Players do not need to be included in the Squad List to be eligible to play in League Matches:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, any Under 21 Player (save for any Under 21 Player who is registered with the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer); and

Looking at that I would assume that Home Grown does not mean that we are the Club that must have developed the players; in which case we are comfortably within the guidelines.

Which leaves, assuming Hughton is being as good as his word with the Bomb squad amnesty and we are going to sign 2 more players, any 25 from 28

Hef???

43.9 Squad Lists

I see Bong was training with the first team yesterday - looks like Hughton might give him a chance. Three left backs though.

Crazy to think that it’s a real prospect that new summer signings might not make the squad list...

Notwithstanding his abilities as a player; I do not want those Scouse c * n t s telling us when he plays and when he does not, and then fining us when we do not play him, because that is exactly what they do.

He may well turn out to be a great player, but fuck him and fuck Liverpool

Fuck those fucking Scouse bastards. The only way we should EVER be doing business with them is if we practically steal a player from them on a perm (no, that's not a Keegan reference)

Client who works for DCFC stated that the deal was too rich for them, £1.2m loan fee and £60k per week..... allegedly.
That’s frightening. There’s also the penalty... I mean non-playing clauses which give Liverpool extra fees if he doesn’t play (and start) a certain percentage of all games he is available for.

No surprise we aren’t interested at that price.

Still think there’s a loan deal to be had for Gray from Leicester but his name doesn’t appear to be cropping up at all despite being told he can leave.

Use admit the nagging fear that we end up with neither or none is growing!!
Would love Knockaert & Grosiki...PLEASE