Transfer Business | Vital Football

Transfer Business

Kim Jong Un

Vital Squad Member
Is best done NOW fatty, before pre-season starts; not just with 2 days of it to go. That way they can prepare as a full group from the off.

Doubt there'll be anything done for the next couple of weeks....all on their hollipops aren't they. Pardews whooping it up in the south of France I think.

In an ideal world all transfers in should be done by start of preseason with only replacements for silly bids brought in later. They should shut up shop altogether once the season kicks off.

They spent the whole season identifying targets (so they say) so they should have the short list ready to go to start making bids................. que Pards in the Chron "we're going to sit down in a few weeks to go through our target list and hopefully we can get a few across the line before the season starts".

My thoughts exactly.

Its one of those things were in any project if done properly, you get the bits you need before you start, not during.

I know its not as simple as all that, but after fucking up so bad last summer, I guess we'll see if they have 'learned from the mistakes of the past'.

I suspect not.

Exactly vin - they've given us the soundbytes. Lets see what action comes from it, or, if they are just that - soundbytes for our consumption.

How about sell now, buy at the end of the window and Ashley can save paying out on a few months wages?

I'm all for getting rid of the dead wood prior to bringing players in (Williamson, Ameobi) if it means we DO bring the players in, in good time.
But we've already lost Harper, Simpson, and in effect that **** Ranger already (3 English, with the two aforementioned deadwood English too).
Anyone we bring in must be fighting for a 1st team place from the off, and not some 'potential future gem'. And preferably English, as at this rate we won't have the quota unless filling the squad with ones that will never get a game.

Transfers are now rendered completely irrelevant. Like already mentioned, we could have Lewandowski up front and Pards would have him playing conference standard within a week. Don't care any more who stays or goes. Fuck them all

"Is best done NOW fatty, before pre-season starts; not just with 2 days of it to go. That way they can prepare as a full group from the off"

What I'm hearing from a friend of a friend is Fatman wants Pardwho to show him that this shite season was a "one off" before he gives him more funds. Players may leave to swell the coffers but nowt coming in until Fatman sees that we're really shite ?

Seems unlikely to me AMac. While I could understand Ashley being hesitant about backing pardew more. He won't want to risk his investment. I'd wager he nearly had a coronary at the thought of relegation robbing him of all that TV cash.

I'm with T_D in this - there is one thing Ashley won't risk and that is to be dead and buried before the jan window opens. This squad and side under Pardew is not good enough - even Ashley must know some key replacements are required. If he thinks Pardew can turn things around with what he has, think again. He won't. He lacks some players to dig him and his tactics out of the shit.

Opinions vary. I think think squad is good enough, although that might depend on your criteria but maybe lacking a bit of depth up front and in central defence. We have loads of central midfield talent as well as wide players who are not played wide.

The thing is, Pardew has never turned any of his poor form round yet.

Our biggest problem is having a good 3rd division manager in charge of a Premier League team.

Concur with Rexn - any good manager worth his salt would be able to go places with this side, and with 2 additions to pad out our worst weakspots, we could well be challenging for Europe again.
But, we all know we don't want that anyway.

We have one striker, who can't hit a cow's arse at times, and non-existent backup, plus a wantaway Colo as the only person at the club - coaches included - who can organise the defence. Granted Pardew brings no added value but I wouldn't see any manager - even a slightly better one than Pardew - settling for our striking and central defensive options.

Cisse showed what he is capable of last season with creative talent behind him, notably Cabaye, unshackled by a disciplinarian negative system.

Apart from Santon for Enrique and Debuchy for Simpson, the defence under Hughton broke all club records.

I think we need to be looking beyond Cisse Rex, the story of last season seemed to be that Ba's presence was hampering Cisse because he wanted to be the lone striker, then Ba left and Cisse still infuriated me. he won't carry us next season.

Cisse needs a strike partner, as he cannot play up there by himself, he has no skill for leading the line.
Plus all opposition defences know, he's the only likely goalscorer for us - break his game, and we'll likely end up goal-less. It is far too easy for any Premiership side to control the game when we play a lone striker, who cannot lead the line. Pardew, for whatever reason, seemed unable to see this. Nor it seems, did he Ashley have an answer, when Ba has his buy-out clause activated. They must have KNOWN there was a good chance he'd be away - and yet didnt have anyone else in the wings waiting to be brought in???
Time after time after time, HUGE opportunities to advance go missing with these clowns.

I agree, Taff. Cisse might have thrived under the sort of system that Benitez played with Torres at Liverpool. He thrived last season but my money is on him not being here next season, beyond the transfer window at least.

In my clumsy way, what I was trying to say is that we have a decent squad, thanks maybe to Graham Carr. What we are lacking is the ability to get most benefit out of whatever playing staff the club's transfer policy comes up with.

Likewise Kim Jong Un comes up with totally valid points.