Tranmere Rovers (Super White Army) vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 6 | Vital Football

Tranmere Rovers (Super White Army) vs Tottenham Hotspur

Isn't it ironic that every man and his dog has questioned why we signed Llorente when we don't play to his strengths, i.e., aerial prowess. Here we are all three goals scored with great ball control and execution, without the need for a lumped cross! Strange this football malarkey!

We have seen glimpses of his play on the deck both in front of goal and in build up. He needs players around him to feed off for sure. Son and Kane can go it alone, also Moura. Fernando is a deft player, subtle touches and lay offs.

My MoM tonight was Skipp. Starting to see him as a genuine squad member of the 1st team squad and not just a "fill in" for our injuries. He got stuck in tonight and his positional sense and distribution was fantastic. He also played as the only orthodox centre mid, with Dele playing like a complete luxury player for the entire first half. Second half was better for Dele, which allowed Skipp to just control centre midfield. He's doing fantastic for an 18 year old.

Skipp is already a £20m player in my opinion and could easily turn into one of the best in his position in the Prem.

What the point to bring Kane in?
According to Pochettino he brought him on to allow the Tranmere players and fans to see Kane play. He said with a legend like Kane, it was good for them. Ok I can see that. Personally, to see another go in the net when you’re 6 down, I’d rather not. Still, he almost equalled Cliff Jones record last night. 7-0 is nice though. Bring on the Chavs..... a nice 7-0 stuffing of them would be good, can’t really see it but you can dream. ** “ 7-0 crushing of Chelsea by Spurs was witnessed tonight as Spurs made their way into the final of the Carabao Cup” ***.... would make a great headline.

Thought the pitch helped to equalise things in the first half, with just the right amount of bobble to make ball control and fluent football a little more difficult. I thought Skip struggled in the first half but was excellent in the second especially given his age. Llorente showed there is a class player in there if used properly. As for Aurier being our best RB, that’s not saying a lot given his defensive positioning and bad judgement throughout the game...did compete physically though. I liked the pace of KWP on the left and it was a surprise to me to see Moura matched for pace by a rather large defender.

Overall, given the line-up, the pitch and a competitive first half performance by Tranmere it was a good result but nothing to get carried away about in relation to the next few fixtures.

Thought the pitch helped to equalise things in the first half, with just the right amount of bobble to make ball control and fluent football a little more difficult. I thought Skip struggled in the first half but was excellent in the second especially given his age. Llorente showed there is a class player in there if used properly. As for Aurier being our best RB, that’s not saying a lot given his defensive positioning and bad judgement throughout the game...did compete physically though. I liked the pace of KWP on the left and it was a surprise to me to see Moura matched for pace by a rather large defender.

Overall, given the line-up, the pitch and a competitive first half performance by Tranmere it was a good result but nothing to get carried away about in relation to the next few fixtures.

I was trying to see how good KWP was with his left foot after seeing one decent medium distance pass with his left up the pitch. It didn't really happen again or I didn't see it but will keep an eye on it next time.

I was trying to see how good KWP was with his left foot after seeing one decent medium distance pass with his left up the pitch. It didn't really happen again or I didn't see it but will keep an eye on it next time.
He did make a "Rose" type run into the box and put in a cross on the the run with his left foot , which I thought was pretty good . Developing well

I love the fact Kane still gets a goal with his minimum cameo. He just loves a goal.

The best England striker I have seen since Shearer.

Thought Skipp looked average. Can't write the lad off yet. He needs a loan.

I love the fact Kane still gets a goal with his minimum cameo. He just loves a goal.

The best England striker I have seen since Shearer.

Thought Skipp looked average. Can't write the lad off yet. He needs a loan.

Skipp wouldn’t be playing if we had a fit squad

What gets me is people pretending it’s all part of mopos plan, it’s not.

I do wonder what plans we have for the likes of skippy to get proper minutes and first team football?

I’m sure someone more qualified than I can explain why him training and not playing is a benefit - same with KWP

My MoM tonight was Skipp. Starting to see him as a genuine squad member of the 1st team squad and not just a "fill in" for our injuries. He got stuck in tonight and his positional sense and distribution was fantastic. He also played as the only orthodox centre mid, with Dele playing like a complete luxury player for the entire first half. Second half was better for Dele, which allowed Skipp to just control centre midfield. He's doing fantastic for an 18 year old.

Skipp is already a £20m player in my opinion and could easily turn into one of the best in his position in the Prem.

I thought he was as bad as anyone in the first half.

Second half he was much better.

I don’t think he was anywhere near mom

Skip wouldn’t be playing if we had a fit squad

What gets me is people pretending it’s all part of mopos plan, it’s not.

I do wonder what plans we have for the likes of skippy to get proper minutes and first team football?

I’m sure someone more qualified than I can explain why him training and not playing is a benefit - same with KWP

We are in four competitions now. I am sure there will be time available. Of course, we could be in one in a month or so.

We are in four competitions now. I am sure there will be time available. Of course, we could be in one in a month or so.

The FA Cup is the only realistic cup he is going to play in and maybe 1/2 league games.

I certainly wouldn’t want him starting against United in the league.

Poch did say he likes the youngsters training with the first team squad as he feels it will benefit them more than loaning.

But after a certain period he loans them. Sink or swim time after that. We will find out with Onomah and CCV in the summer.

The FA Cup is the only realistic cup he is going to play in and maybe 1/2 league games.

I certainly wouldn’t want him starting against United in the league.

Neither would I. Wouldn’t be productive for anyone but Pochettino knows that as well

I agree he will have to fight to get game time in the PL. He may have Wanyama, Dier, Sissoko , Winks, Amos and even Marsh to get past.

I hope he proves himself to be a PL level player. If we are to sustain top 4 and challenge for the title one has to ask.....will he be good enough ?

I like the kid but if I'm being honest I'm leaning towards probably not , with the hope I am wrong.

Marsh behind Skipp in pecking order, and older, I'd imagine he'll be sold to a league one or championship club this summer. Could be wrong though!