Tough times don't last (usually) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tough times don't last (usually)

I do fear bringing in Smith was another signal that it's the slightly lower level we are looking at. But time will tell. Not sure any appointment (other than a total upper tier shocker!) would have really excited me.

I do fear bringing in Smith was another signal that it's the slightly lower level we are looking at. But time will tell. Not sure any appointment (other than a total upper tier shocker!) would have really excited me.

Pretty much the same as you Fear, I said in another post that I don't think DS will be our long term solution, I just don't think he has the clout to deal with the primadonna type of players we seem to always attract, even when we go after bargains we are ripped off big time because of who we are and how big the club and expectations are so with players like that unfortunantly they have no respect for a "no name" manger, we need a big named manager.

Sometimes I am happy we dont play in the Prem because we will play for nothing. The gap to the Top 6 is too big and its getting bigger and bigger. Ten years ago under O'Neill when we where into the top 4 we had a real chance to become a club like Totttenham today, but it didn't happen.
I think in the near future or so all European "Top" Clubs like the Top 6 of England and Bayern and BVB et al will create their own "Sky League" like the NFL or NBA for all the football tourists of this planet where nobody can be relegatetd and I dont want to Villa to be part of this system.
My hope is that this bubble will burst anytime.
That's why I will never pay a cent for Sky TV

Yes, agreed, the thoughts of being also rans in the Prem doesn't fill me with much excitement, but then, I had never expected us to be also rans in the Championship I must admit!

One of the worries I have about going the "young and hungry" approach is it could turn out like a Lambert type era with 3 quaters of his signings been quite frankly not good enough, heck I don't even think the majority of his signings could even handle the championship.

We've had mainly tough times since Peter McParland put 2 goals past Man U in 1957. It's the good times which don't last :cry:

But that's what makes real Villa fans. We can take it. We believe that one day...