Tottingham Hotspurs v Aston Villa PREMIER LEAGUE Saturday 10th August 17.30 k.o. | Page 30 | Vital Football

Tottingham Hotspurs v Aston Villa PREMIER LEAGUE Saturday 10th August 17.30 k.o.

If anyone watches a replay of the game later, just look at Jack's face as he emerges from the tunnel.

Looked like he was in awe of the stadium and the crowd, just like a tourist.

Redknapp and Van Der Vart singing Wesley’s praises...

Actually worth listening to. What they didn't say was that he's the finished article. What they did say was he has the attributes to be a very good player, and they expect him to raise his game as he gets used to the PL.

Thought before the match we'd put out as good a team as any, from our squad. Still thought that at the end.

They played as a team, the defensive organisation was immense. We need to up our attacking game, but we can do that and do it with the same players.

By the way, thought NRC came across well :grinning:

Wesley reminded me of Heskey. Spent most of the match on the floor and had the touch of a rapist.

Only positive is I seem to remember saying the same about benteke early on, so hopefully he'll improve.
Deano thanks I pissed myself laughing at your explanation of his touch , eloquently put my friend

Second half was frustrating as we went deeper and deeper, I'm not sure who it was kept shouting get out, I'm guessing Deano or Heaton.

I'm not disheartened as I expected to lose and we did, Same as Norwich, we won one half, the difference being we were in it until the 80 something minute.
History books will show we both got a pumping

First half performance showed that Deano knows what we are up against. Compact and disciplined in defence and looking to break quickly. That said, the difference in speed and strength meant we struggled to keep possession. Norwich were much more open and 4-0 down at half time. Inevitable that we would tire, just a question of whether we could hang on. In the end, mistakes and failure to convert chances will cost you.

Saw enough to think that we will have a chance of survival. Lets see if we can keep the ball better against the bottom half of the table. Under the current coaching set up, I'm sure we will adapt and look to improve our weaknesses. The difference between the top 6 sides and the Championship is massive, the whole season will be a massive learning curve regardless of what position we finish in.

I'm being realistic.

Don’t think you are mate. I think you have us set up to fail and you seem to revel in it when we do.
I don’t know you from Adam and I ain’t trying to start an argument, but whenever I read your posts, there’s a definite recurring theme.
I’m naturally pessimistic by nature, but you don’t seem to get any pleasure from supporting Villa. Not from your posts anyway.

I fully agree with Dean's description of Keinan Davies - he is a beast. If we started every match with him, and he only scored a handful of goals, I still think as team we