Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea FC (The Pensioners) - Carabao Cup Semi Final | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea FC (The Pensioners) - Carabao Cup Semi Final

I'll be the first to admit I had big doubts over Gazza and I'm still waiting on him to mess up lol but I've seen him play enough now to see that he has a lot of potential and looks likely to be our next number 1.

Even if he had made a mistake or 2 by now I'd have expected it, I just hope when he does mess up he reacts well, that's the only concern really some keepers/players would crumble and it would get to them

I'll be the first to admit I had big doubts over Gazza and I'm still waiting on him to mess up lol but I've seen him play enough now to see that he has a lot of potential and looks likely to be our next number 1.

Even if he had made a mistake or 2 by now I'd have expected it, I just hope when he does mess up he reacts well, that's the only concern really some keepers/players would crumble and it would get to them

Think there's a big difference between making a mistake and costing a goal though. Gazza flapped like crazy in the NLD cup game. He could have easily cost us a couple of goals. It's fine margins. As much as I want Gazza to be at Lloris's level, I just don't see it yet.

Yep MP confirms its Gazza in goal.

Chavs definitely have Loftus Cheek out whilst Willian, Pedro, Kovacic and Giroud all face late fitness tests.
They play at 5.30 on Saturday therefore we get an extra day's rest before playing.

It's a difficult one with regards team selection. Man Utd have flown to Dubai for warm weather training whilst we have a competitive Semi Final against a big rival.
We have to win Sunday for me but hopefully we can start like the clappers tomorrow get 3 up and then bring off Kane and Eriksen for Sunday.

Think there's a big difference between making a mistake and costing a goal though. Gazza flapped like crazy in the NLD cup game. He could have easily cost us a couple of goals. It's fine margins. As much as I want Gazza to be at Lloris's level, I just don't see it yet.

He isn't. However he has done better than I thought he would have. I see a number 2 at best.

I can't grasp the logic of playing your strongest team except the keeper. Poch is being loyal to his compatriot possibly at the cost of going out of the cup. If Gazza has a bad game and makes inexperienced mistakes Poch takes the blame like playing Son as a left back.

I can't grasp the logic of playing your strongest team except the keeper. Poch is being loyal to his compatriot possibly at the cost of going out of the cup. If Gazza has a bad game and makes inexperienced mistakes Poch takes the blame like playing Son as a left back.

I don't think so. I think the majority of the supporter base is OK with Gazza playing.

Tend to agree with the sentiment that we have to pick the strongest team that fitness, squad rotation and ambition allows us to.

We are being stretched that's for certain, but sooner or later, for our ambition to be realised, we have to take risks.
Agree with what you say Ex, but I think we are already taking risks . Our squad has been severely curtailed this season due to injuries ,as we all know . Poch's comment about being brave constantly haunts me

Anyone else watch the FA Cup draw last night? The last 4 names in the hat were Arsenal, Utd, Spurs and Palace.

Arsenal were next drawn out by Robbie Keane and I was thinking another tough away NLD was on the cards. Fortunately, Utd came out next.

We still ended up with Palace away which is another tough fixture for the squad to cope with.

Anyone else watch the FA Cup draw last night? The last 4 names in the hat were Arsenal, Utd, Spurs and Palace.

Arsenal were next drawn out by Robbie Keane and I was thinking another tough away NLD was on the cards. Fortunately, Utd came out next.

We still ended up with Palace away which is another tough fixture for the squad to cope with.

Yes it means if we want to progress in the cup we have to play our strongest team again.

Yes it means if we want to progress in the cup we have to play our strongest team again.
Looked like it was fixed to me as the way he was drawing the away balls out it looked like he could see into the pot and decide who he wanted to pull out rather than do it like Keano and look away when drawing the ball out.

I don't think they are desperate to win the league cup, I'm not , I doubt Poch is either. I would rather win the FA cup given a choice.
I say we should go for it, winning a cup, any cup instills a winning mentality rather than losing cups in the semi finals all the time.
Moaning Maureen won this cup with chelski and manure before it went tits up on him, as usual, so we should try to win this cup and use it as a stepping stone to greater things. Winning begats winning.

I say we should go for it, winning a cup, any cup instills a winning mentality rather than losing cups in the semi finals all the time.
Moaning Maureen won this cup with chelski and manure before it went tits up on him, as usual, so we should try to win this cup and use it as a stepping stone to greater things. Winning begats winning.

The special needs one has limitless sums of money and the best money can buy and when it comes down to fine margins and small differences - money can get you over the line in ways we cannot yet imagine..

Managing some of the best players on the planet, really shouldn't be seen as anything particular special - unless you do something pretty special, which is why after three CL wins, ZZ is for me the real 'special one' and a player and manager with a true winning mentality.

The Carabao Cup has been using VAR since selected games in the second round of the tournament this season and approved the use of VAR at all Premier League stadia before the season began.

This means that both meetings between Chelsea and Spurs will have VAR while Manchester City’s clash with Burton Albion at the Etihad on Wednesday night will also have the technology available to the ref.

But what about the return leg at the Pirelli Stadium? It’s unclear at the moment. The League One side have yet to use VAR at their home stadium but with the game set to be shown live on Sky Sports, it remains a possibility.

The introduction of VAR is not the only change to the tournament this year, with the Football League also doing away with extra-time.

As regulation 14.5 of the tournament explains: “In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game no extra time shall be played and the tie shall be decided by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.”