Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea FC (The Pensioners) - Carabao Cup Semi Final | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea FC (The Pensioners) - Carabao Cup Semi Final

D

Departed

..........................Gazzaniga

Aurier........Toby.............Jan............Rose

..........Sissoko................Winks

..........................Eriksen

Dele...................Kane....................Son

Ha ha ..... I had forgotten they were called the pensioners.
Anyway
Fist leg 3-1 to us
Second leg 2-2.we have a sign over them at the moment . Back four will be fresh , midfield are mostly on top of their game and the forwards are all finding the net It’s all looking good and I’m really looking forward to the game.
I like the look of your team 80. COYS

In the spirit of how we got here. Should we not play one or two youngsters as well as Gazza ? Will the Chavs play their first team in entirety ?

I don't think they are desperate to win the league cup, I'm not , I doubt Poch is either. I would rather win the FA cup given a choice.

In the spirit of how we got here. Should we not play one or two youngsters as well as Gazza ? Will the Chavs play their first team in entirety ?

First team

All. The. First. Team.

Let’s not do what we normally do in a semi and have a son at LB of Vorm in goal.

We need a trophy. 2008 last one put in the cabinet.

A strong team is needed.

NRD you are underestimating what winning a smaller trophy can do for the mentality of the team and club. These players must win a trophy. Otherwise what is the point?

I remember Jose saying something similar when he first took over the chavs. He was bang on. Think Pepe said it as well.

We ain't winning the league, CL is unlikely. Lets go for it and smash the feckers.

Gazza I think has an agreement he will play in this cup. That kind of blows the theory of play the first team out the water.

NRD you are underestimating what winning a smaller trophy can do for the mentality of the team and club. These players must win a trophy. Otherwise what is the point?

The point for me, mainly, is watching great football. We certainly get as much or more than people supporting any other club. I think it’s nonsense when pundits say «it’s all fine and dandy what Poch has done but if you don’t win anything it’s all for nothing». I like watching good football. I like consistently placing top 4, and I like seeing academy players given a chance. I think 2 domestic cups is silly. Give squad players and academy players a chance. A trophy will come our way, relax and enjoy the footie!

For the first leg it's a moot point anyway. We rested loads on Friday and we don't play Utd until Sunday. There's absolutely no reason why we can't put out our strongest team out.

It's the second leg that is the problem thanks to the fixture scheduling. We play Fulham away at 4pm on Sunday 20th followed by the Chelsea away game on Tues 22nd at 7-45pm. Chelsea have the extra day but are playing Arsenal away on the Sat 5-30pm fixture.

Let's hope we see our injured players return over these next couple of weeks.

Go all in for this one...this is a MUST win! Play our absolute strongest line up and let's go for this!

Same team as 80 but Sanchez for Jan, can't see him being risked already, save him for the Man Utd game I reckon.

We need Dier or Dembele back ASAP! Winks and Sissoko are just about holding their own but against the bigger teams we will get found out soon. On Tuesday we may be up against a midfield 3 of Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho.

These games are so often so different from first to second half. How often do we only play well for one of them ?

How we line up for the first half could reflect a strategy to go in for the second with a clean sheet. Then open up and attack more as the game goes on and Chavs get tired.

Our MF is key and has to be able to cope with theirs. Although Winks and Sissoko have done well, it could be too much for them. Also dropping Alli or Eriksen back could tire them out needlessly. Playing Skipp also as part of a 3 in the first half could be worth considering to give mobility and lively pressing in MF.

These games are so often so different from first to second half. How often do we only play well for one of them ?

Look at the semi final against the chavs in 2002. Lost 2-1 at The Bridge. Thumped them 5-1 at The Lane. Much stronger in the second leg.

I’d take that all over again.

I would absolutely play Lloris. He's our first choice keeper and this is a semi-final. Whilst making a couple of good saves, Gazza flapped his way through the last round. I wouldn't take that chance again.

Tend to agree with the sentiment that we have to pick the strongest team that fitness, squad rotation and ambition allows us to.

We are being stretched that's for certain, but sooner or later, for our ambition to be realised, we have to take risks.

Last edited:
I would absolutely play Lloris. He's our first choice keeper and this is a semi-final. Whilst making a couple of good saves, Gazza flapped his way through the last round. I wouldn't take that chance again.

I'd normally agree if we had Vorm to rely on but Gazza hasn't let us down yet. Considering he's played maybe a dozen games for us now and not made 1 obvious error says a lot. Lloris always has a mistake in him, especially in the bigger games.

I'd normally agree if we had Vorm to rely on but Gazza hasn't let us down yet. Considering he's played maybe a dozen games for us now and not made 1 obvious error says a lot. Lloris always has a mistake in him, especially in the bigger games.

It has made a good few of lately wonder how long it is before Poch takes the big decision and starts rotating him in PL games with Lloris - you can easily imagine we have a new no.1. in Gazza....assuming, he keeps performing the way he has been.

Last edited: