Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea FC (The Pensioners) - Carabao Cup Semi Final | Page 10 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea FC (The Pensioners) - Carabao Cup Semi Final

A day later, I have to credit Chelsea’s game plan and energy. They couldn’t finish. A familiar thing to see. We got a pen courtesy of a little “naughty” play. I didn’t agree with Telegraph rating Winks 8/10. He looked tired by the second half and was giving the ball away. Or did Chavs make it look that way?

Midfield was overrun. Not sure if we adapted our shape to handle it, but noticed Danny giving huge amounts of space in front of him. He also made some excellent tackles. Would love to know if he was told to give them that much space and was told to sit deep in the box or it was his choice. Midfield largely left the back 4 to try to hang on and they somehow did.

By Midfield are you including, Alli, Eriksen & Son? I thought the three of them were collectively poor and made it a lot easier for the chavs to dominate.

By the way, I thought Danny was amazing. I was expecting more from Son, they tied him up quite a bit. Kane was less than I thought he would be too. We played quite deep. I think Pochettino’s tactics were good but we looked tired.

The ref gave us none of the free kicks we should have had for their continual body checks on our attacking players. Winks booked for his first foul on Hazzard as he attempted to break from their right back position. Kane was scythed down as he attempted to launch a counter attack from a much better central position outside our box, late in the second half. No card for the Chelsea player.

Spursex I'm back again to haunt you. Your inside knowledge of ENIC,Spurs,Levy ,Poch is so impressive you must have all their offices bugged. I beg to differ on a couple of points [a] £11 million should cover Dembele's bonus points I would have thought. You obviously prefer a bag of money sitting in the boardroom than a world class mid-fielder on the pitch. As for the ludicrously over-priced stadium which resembles a vanity palace for an eastern European communist dictator,I am far from conviced this is what we needed to be a world class club.I hope I am proved wrong. I believe only an oil rich sheik can save our club from poverty in the transfer market for the rest of my life. I don't pay to sit in a palace of extravagance,I pay to watch a football team-or is that an old fashioned concept to you?

So we might as well pick eleven defenders and get a draw. Crazy rules !!!

That's an interesting point. If we play to defend , even if we let one goal in we have a chance with pens. If we let 2 in we can bring on 3 attackers to try and get back to pens again. Gazza, Aurier, Toby, Sanchez , Dier, Davies Rose, Sissoko, Winks, Skipp, Kane. On the bench...Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Moura, KWP, Lloris, Llorente.

Just joking, this won't happen because it wouldn't be sportsman like. However Poch did say we need to be naughty!!!

Spursex I'm back again to haunt you. Your inside knowledge of ENIC,Spurs,Levy ,Poch is so impressive you must have all their offices bugged. I beg to differ on a couple of points [a] £11 million should cover Dembele's bonus points I would have thought. You obviously prefer a bag of money sitting in the boardroom than a world class mid-fielder on the pitch. As for the ludicrously over-priced stadium which resembles a vanity palace for an eastern European communist dictator,I am far from conviced this is what we needed to be a world class club.I hope I am proved wrong. I believe only an oil rich sheik can save our club from poverty in the transfer market for the rest of my life. I don't pay to sit in a palace of extravagance,I pay to watch a football team-or is that an old fashioned concept to you?

West Ham needs new supporters and their tickets are cheap.

They got their stadium at the taxpayers expense. They will progress by signing better players as their revenue streams are healthy. If Spurs go down I'll go down with them like the capt of the Titanic[or did he escape?] Wet Spam could become a real power in the next 10 years with their cheap stadium.Good luck to them.Levy lost out on that deal & we will pay the price.' Heaven knows I'm miserable now' Morrissey.