Tottenham Hotspur vs. Borussia Dortmund | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Borussia Dortmund

Ioan X - 11/9/2017 17:26

If we play in full strength, I predict a Spurs victory perhaps by two goals difference or even three.

We are in form and I believe Sanchez will neutralise Aubameyang, the only dangerous player they have.

I also believe that there are chances that if Llorente will be used (as a substitute), he will score a goal.

As I have observed, the protective plaster is preventing Son from playing effectively and reaching last season's level of performance.

Is it plaster or strapping. ?

ScottDaYid - 11/9/2017 16:15

Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Jan, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Eriksen, Son, Kane.

Ideally I wouldn't start Son but there is no one else, this is why we needed to sign 1 more attacking midfielder.

you don't rate Son?! or you just mean because he's still not 100%? I think he'll do well vs Dortmund.

NRD, Son gave me the impression that what he carries on his arm is something that prevents him from moving and running freely.
You can't run in full speed if you can't move your hands freely.
That's why I thought that he is carrying a protective plaster.
A strapping or adhesive plaster can have also a negative impact on moving freely.
Also he looked a bit run-down because of his injury and the fact that he has been out of full training for a while.

freundorfoe - 11/9/2017 23:38

ScottDaYid - 11/9/2017 16:15

Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Jan, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Eriksen, Son, Kane.

Ideally I wouldn't start Son but there is no one else, this is why we needed to sign 1 more attacking midfielder.

you don't rate Son?! or you just mean because he's still not 100%? I think he'll do well vs Dortmund.

I rate him a lot but in that formation he doesn't get in our strongest 11, only because Dele is missing he has to play.

Interesting problem. Who is closest to Alli in what he does ? Intelligent movement and passing. Getting into the box in scoring positions.

That's not really Sons game. Eriksen is possibly the next best replacement for Alli. So who can replace Eriksen ?

Nick Real Deal - 12/9/2017 10:02

Interesting problem. Who is closest to Alli in what he does ? Intelligent movement and passing. Getting into the box in scoring positions.

That's not really Sons game. Eriksen is possibly the next best replacement for Alli. So who can replace Eriksen ?

Lamela..?

OOOOppppps ............ :17:

ScottDaYid - 12/9/2017 11:07

To be fair Lamela is our best option in the squad to play there, shame he's got a never ending injury

Despite recent negative speculation, I was told on Saturday that the people that matter at the club are really pleased with his progress and recovery, but we're taking no risks and bringing him on slowly.

Lamela was getting better and improving; if they have managed to deal with what I've always said about him from day 1 and can then improve his speed from a standing start, he'll still have a big role to play.

That's good news! He will be like a new signing! Hope he makes a full recovery, despite the haters he will certainly offer us something a little different and improve the squad depth.

I want him to come back like he hasn't missed a beat but how realistic is it after being out for that long? He might be useful for the run in but I'd be surprised if he contributes much before then. Similar worry that Rose will take a while to reach his level and by running his mouth if he has bad games I expect the crowd to get on his back which won't help anyone.

Whatever we say on this, MP must have a plan in his mind on who will replace Alli.
That plan can be proved successful or not.

It sounds strange but I regret Sissoko won't be able to play in this game!
His ability to drive forward could be important and he likes to take position inside the box when he doesn't play on the wings and the ball is coming from the sides, adding striking force inside the rival's box, something that Alli usually does.

BD's strong point is the cohesion of the squad and their pace.
Their weak point will be the centre of their defence with the absence of Bartra.
Kane and Llorente, especially when playing together, would have an advantage over their central defenders.
Probably they are going to use newcomers Toljan and Yarmolenko.
Reus will be absent but Götze could start.

If we use Aurier and Sanchez, we will force them to start Aubameyang as right winger (to face Davies).

freundorfoe - 12/9/2017 11:31

I want him to come back like he hasn't missed a beat but how realistic is it after being out for that long? He might be useful for the run in but I'd be surprised if he contributes much before then. Similar worry that Rose will take a while to reach his level and by running his mouth if he has bad games I expect the crowd to get on his back which won't help anyone.

He's being handled with kid gloves, so until he's tested I guess no one knows what impact the ops have had on him - given that he has a wire frame anyway, and his age, I expect he won't be too far away from match fitness - we'll be organising some behind door game or even U23 games for him I expect - and that will tell the tale.

As for Rose, it really wouldn't surprise me to only see him make cup games until we sell him., assuming of course we see him back before Jan 1st..

Well Aubameyang tore us to shreds 2 seasons ago but that was massively down to Mkhitaryan destroying us with his pace and passing. This game will not be easy in any way but if the belief, discipline and desire is there I think our first team is capable of getting a result. Dele will be a big miss.

Son is the only person who can step in, unless Poch opts for a surprise option of playing Kane in Dele's role and starting Llorente up top, which a part of me thinks might happen! I reckon Trippier will start and I think Dembele will start ahead of Sissoko (hopefully.)

Is Sanchez cup-tied or does that reset at this stage of the competition?

Aurier will definitely start this one, would be interesting to see Llorente and Kane start together but I really don't think Poch will experiment too much on this game, it's too big. Although he does seem to make some strange decisions in big games and none seem to have paid off so far, so hope he keeps the same formation/shape with no players out of position.

Lloris
Aurier - Toby - Sanchez - Jan - Davies
Dier - Dembele
Eriksen
Llorente - Kane

On paper, it's not too different and nobody is being played out of position. Kane is experienced enough now to play a bit deeper and still have an impact whilst Llorente is experienced enough to know how to bring those around him in to the game. I know it would be an unexpected change but tactically it's not miles away from what the team are used to.

just reminded myself of the lineup for last time we played them at "home" - our starting XI included Wimmer, Mason, Carroll, Chadli and Onomah. 5 of our XI not at the club any more. We're bound to do better, even if we just switch Mason and Carroll for Dembele and Dier that would be a 5x more solid team... not to mention the other players we'll have available instead of Chadli, Onomah and Wimmer.

On the other hand Reus is injured and Mkhitaryan has left so they're not as dangerous on paper.

Aubameyang is still exactly the type of player who causes us loads of trouble. They have very good players but I would say that our teams are very equal in terms of quality. I just hope we turn up this year.

We have to assume that RM will win the group at a canter. Apoel will likely be the whipping boys which leaves us and BD to fight for 2nd place. That being the case makes this game all important. If we lose this we are really up against it to qualify. With that in mind I can't see Poch taking too much risk in his team selection. He will be fairly pleased with a draw I imagine. I can see Dembele and Sissoko starting this one. Trippier will retain his place. Here is how I think we will line up
Lloris
Toby, Sanchez, Verts:
Trippier, Dier, Dembele, Davies:
Sissoko, Eriksen:
Kane