Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United | Page 4 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

Nah it was a legit goal. Kane did well on the corner against Trippier, it happened again later and we got away with it.
No real complaints about them giving the goal but if you wanted to be fussy it was offside after it hit Royale I think it was. The faintest touch but still a touch

That’s a great result bragging rights for me this week I know a few Tottenham fans they are usually full of themselves not after this result.

Also to think, If VAR had been getting used fairly and correctly, we could have been a minimum of 9, maybe 11 points better off and clear at the top.

A perfectly fair Callum Wilson bring down and goal away to Brighton - 2 extra points.

A blatant pen at home to Man City not given just before half time and arguably greater momentum - 2 extra points.

A pull on Longstaff in the box at Wolves - potentially an extra 2 points as we were on top at the time.

A fair goal at home to Crystal Palace ruled out and apology given soon after - 2 extra points.

Where do you start with the Liverpool away game as Isak's 2nd goal was level at worst and onside. a 2 goal lead would have been unassailable in my opinion. Not to mention the 6 minutes added on which saw them score in the 9th added minute. 1 extra point which should have been 3 would have seen us on 32 points.

The other 4 dropped points were at Manure where we could also have won as we were the better side for long periods and Bournemouth at home.

Last edited:
What a result. Well worth getting up in the early morning hours for.
Joelinton has become one hell of a player. Just need to score now. Miggy well what can one say? There were many criticisms on here about him. Maybe he read the comments hehehe and said fuck this, I'll show y'all.
My MOM narrowly is Sven Botman. This young man is growing into a top-class CB.
Very calm and an excellent distributor from the back. He should teach Longstaff how to bloody pass a ball.
Sorry I know he's one of your own, but he's no good.
Just cannot use his body to keep the ball from the opposition players.
One more midfielder to complement Bruno. The commentators were in awe of him and Conte was getting tired of Bruno bossing the midfield.
Keep well everyone.
From the land of the Long White Cloud.
Aotearoa

Technically speaking he's offside. Emerson Royale got a nick and Kane was offside. Didn't you notice that they hardly replayed it after the VAR made their decision??

I saw the many replays and couldn't tell whether he'd touched it or not so was fine with the initial decision. I'd have wanted the goal to be awarded if it was us so seemed fair enough.

I saw the many replays and couldn't tell whether he'd touched it or not so was fine with the initial decision. I'd have wanted the goal to be awarded if it was us so seemed fair enough.

How long before they invent a chip to go in the ball and have an 'ultra-edge' check like in cricket? If it was one of the so called top 6 then it would be in design now.

As it is, I think it brushed the Spurs player on the back of the shoulder and ultimately making Kane offside because the spin on the ball changed. Luckily for us though, it's irrelevant for once.

How long before they invent a chip to go in the ball and have an 'ultra-edge' check like in cricket? If it was one of the so called top 6 then it would be in design now.

As it is, I think it brushed the Spurs player on the back of the shoulder and ultimately making Kane offside because the spin on the ball changed. Luckily for us though, it's irrelevant for once.

It clearly came from the back of his neck/shoulder. Correct. But so be it. We won and deservedly so.

I though Wilson could have avoided the collision with their keeper, but the keeper deserved it for being a plank. Wilson can be a bit sneeky with fouls, so quite funny getting away with it. Nothing less than what we deserve though with so many blatant unjust decisions going the wrong way.

I though Wilson could have avoided the collision with their keeper, but the keeper deserved it for being a plank. Wilson can be a bit sneeky with fouls, so quite funny getting away with it. Nothing less than what we deserve though with so many blatant unjust decisions going the wrong way.
:grinning:

A 13-15 stone bloke running at speed towards the same ball as Wilson, how could he avoid the collision ?

He was brave imo, all the shite about his left hand is exactly that.......
Anyone who has actually played football and is'nt sour about NUFC will understand he was braced for impact.

I remember a few seasons ago when Hayden got sent off after clearly winning the ball but followed through with his foot raised - he had no chance of avoiding the other player as momentum took him through

Following this same rule Lloris should be banned indefinitely for trying to frott Wilson on live TV before the watershed

Last edited: