Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

I won't be making a song and dance about if if we get kaned tommorrow, we looked shattered after the Everton game.

That said Eddie Howe and the team have shown us all we know nowt.

I won't be surprised if we take a point off them.

In my opinion we are at least another full season away from being ready to compete for European places on a regular basis and a result tomorrow will cause problems.

The issue then will be on The PIF whether they can allow big funds to strengthen more than they would have done in order to be ready for more regular 3 game weeks because that's what European football will bring. Personally id prefer our build to be on a slower, steadier path but will obviously snap the hands off for off script journeys because if the league isn't sitting up and noticing our improvement now then they certainly will if we dont lose.

Id take another 0-0 but with this squad, any result wouldn't be a surprise.

It's all about how quickly they can bring the club up to speed in terms of maximising revenue and then they can spend. We've been behind the curve on that for so long it's going to take a while to catch up and the current elite clubs are determined to pull the ladder up as quickly as they can so we're already at a disadvantage compared to how Manchester City or Chelsea were rebuilt. In time we may even see the sale of a key player in order to finance a squad rebuild as Liverpool, Manchester United and Spurs have done in the last 10-15 years. That being said, the sooner we can get into European and preferably Champions League places the sooner we have better opportunities commercially and financially.

FfwpverXEAEqYWG

I'd switch Willock and Joelinton's positions here. Joelinton's on the left flank and we're missing his physicality in the middle of the park. Willock's a bit pacier which if we're playing on the break here could be vital.