3) Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd

4) Led Zepp 2 - Led Zepp

5) From The Witchwood - Strawbs

6) Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

7) Forever Changes - Love

8) Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

9) Tarkus - Emerson, Lake & Palmer

10) Odessey & Oracle - The Zombies

Always something there to fit my mood.....

Come on everyone, these choices are a bit uninspiring. What about some Elbow, Coldplay and Snow Patrol to really liven things up?!?!?!

Came up in a memory on facebook for me so I came and had a look.

Hey AVpricefc, welcome on board... great to have a new playmate!

Coldplay and Snow Patrol? Ahem... really!??!

Elbow on the other hand, class !

Blue - Joni Mitchell

Late For The Sky - Jackson Browne

No More Sad Refrains: The Anthology - Sandy Denny

What We Did On Our Holidays - Fairport Convention

Gone to Earth - Barclay James Harvest

Deja Vu - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

Mud Slide Slim and The Blue Horizon - James Taylor

Five Leaves Left - Nick Drake

A Question of Balance - The Moody Blues

Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles

Don't think I did this one before so...

Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse

Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger

Ulver - Bergtatt: Et Eeventyr i 5 Capitler

Dissection - Storm of The Light's Bane

Rotting Christ - Theogonia

Enslaved - Below The Lights

Gorgoroth - Twilight of The Idols

Immortal - Pure Holocaust

Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia

...and that covers my top black metal albums. Next up, acid-house jazz-country-metal!

just looking through this thread, love it!

I've just been asked for the top ten thing on facebook so searched this so I didn't have to think again! I moved a few around though and I'd forgotten the Verve last time

The Rolling Stones, even tougher, probably my all time favourite band, even the last two Mick Jagger solo albums I thought were immense. I could name all the albums and make a case, but I’ll go for Exile On Main Street re-release as that has 2cds and extras! Some Girls is another I adore, as is Sticky Fingers which would make a list if I was doing multi entries per band! I nearly went for the live Shine A Light but decided that would be cheating

Motorhead ... I could go obviously for Ace Of Spades, a true classic, but I think I’ll tip my hat to Overkill insterad

Pink Floyd, nearly the Wall as that is such a challenging and interesting album, but can’t really go beyond Wish You Were Here.... I’m one of a limited amount who actually like Final Cut and Waters solo work as well I think!

U2.... one of six could have made it. Was close to saying the Unforgettable Fire because that was the album that first got me fully into them. But Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree just beat that one. I’m going to go with the Achtung Baby album, loved the shift in direction and have the box set anniversary edition that has loads of b sides and remixes.

David Bowie... Got to be Ziggy Stardust. I do like his 80’s much maligned output though, and loving his new album. I also liked Tin Machine, especially their first!

Black Sabbath... I love the Ozzy Sabbath but for me Mob Rules and Heaven & Hell win out, and if I had to choose, which for this I do, it is Mob Rules. Classic heavy metal. Doffs cap to Ozzy, Blizzard of Oz, Diary of a Madman

Led Zeppelin... Can’t choose between the individual albums so will go with the live Celebration (so a cheat as it is a live album). Doffs cap to Robert Plant solo hits sixy six to Timbuktu

Bruce Springsteen... Darkness on the edge of Town... just stunning album. Also like the more recently released The Promise (outtakes etc from his time recording Darkness)

Deep Purple... Perfect Strangers... a great return for a great band. Doffs hat to all the spin offs, Whitesnake (Come an Get It cover painted on my old school ruck sack, happy days), Rainbow, Gillan etc. All have done many favourite albums of mine not to mention the more conventionally classic Deep Purple albums.

Nirvana, Nevermind... it was a kick up the pants of the music scene and remains a classic. In Utero wasn’t far behind.

So there is a top ten....

But I can’t stop there, so top twenty-five it is...

The Beatles, got to be The White Album (even though it isn’t actually called that, it is just The Beatles)... such a diverse album, should win just for While My Guitar Gently Weeps alone to be honest, but then you also have Happiness Is A Warm Gun and Yer Blues etc. It is another of those, for my top ten, I only want 1 from each band. If not, then Let It Be and Abbey Road would also be in the list

The Stone Roses... The Stone Roses... no further explanation needed. I loved the Second Coming as well. Honourable mention to Ian Brown’s solo work as well, some true gems in those albums. Can’t wait for the new Stone Roses release!

Jimi Hendrix... so much to choose from, but Are You Experience narrowly beats Blues for me.

Guns n Roses... could have been either Use Your Illusion to be honest, but Appetite broke them and was a nice shot of heavy metal at the time. So Appetite wins out, just.

The Who... Live at Leeds or Who’s Better, Who’s Best... I’ll go for the hits album because I find them a better singles band than album band. I’ve actually worn that cd out and now have to use Here and Now instead as I can’t get another of the Who’s Better!

Can I fit in The Jam.. All Mod Cons? Then you stray into the Paul Weller albums as well. Top twenty for sure, top ten? No. The hits Snap are also priceess

Green Day...... I like their newer commercial stuff more than the oldies (most unlike most Green Day fans I’m sure). I think American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown are spiffing albums. I’m struggling to find time to get fully into Uno Dos and Tres, that would have made a belter of a single album in my humble. So American Idiot wins

Arctic Monkeys... Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not... and props to The Last Shadow Puppets... The Age Of The Understatement... outstanding!

Iggy Pop doesn’t feature album wise, got a fair few and they are good, but they are also patchy, but his ‘A Million In Prizes’ anthology is one of my favourite greatest hits for sure!

Suede .. Suede... a class band from start to finish. Got their new album, just not had time to listen yet!

Oasis ... Definitely Maybe... ace stuff!

Blur... I should probably go with Park Life as their recognised classic but I’m opting for the Blur album.

Queen... Could have been any really, but Queen 1 wins out.

AC/DC... I think High Voltage narrowly beats Back In Black

The Verve ... A Northern Soul... just narrowly beating Urban Hymns (although the last track on Urban Hymns is just immense... ‘come on’ ... “I must be feeling low / I talked to god in a phonebox on my way home”

cue the music and adopts Alan "Fluff" Freeman voice......
In at 10 its Alice Cooper's post apocolyptical offering Brutal Planet
At 9 David Coverversion's Whitesnake 1987 album from err 1987
Down 2 places to number 8 falls Van Halen's Best of Van Halen
Down 1 place to Number 7 Iron Maiden's classic Number of The Bus... Beast sorry
Up a staggering 5 places and into the top 10 Slamer's Nowhere Land is number 6
And now the top 5 folks
Still hanging in there at 5 is non mover is Led Zeppelin's Physical Grafitti
Up three places to number 4 it's the grease painted grandads themselves - Kiss and their Psycho Circus
Top 3 favourite albums coming up.....
At 3 and down 1 place it's Gotthard's Lip Service album... not 'arf
at 2 and up one place due to a recent airing to remember how good it sounds and Kiss' 1976 classic Destroyer (which includses my all time fave Kiss tune - King Of The Night Time World)

So what and who is number one....
Still at Number 1 and seemingly impossible to shift it's the 1988 concept classic by Queensryche - Operation:Mindcrime. A timeless classic, a fantastic storyline and it even has the arch Villain Dr X - topical or what. That's it pop pickers