Tony Xia Thread | Page 71 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

We're allowed £13m overspend with respect to this year, but only if Xia puts in equity to cover any overspend. If there's no money to do that, the limit drops to £5m. Double whammy.

The money can of course come from somebody else buying equity.

No idea but it wouldn't shock me if they're just bullshiting just so they can then do a bunch of articles for and against Mandaric and fan reactions to the thought of him taking over. Got to get those clicks haven't they.
May be it’s been leaked to let the supporters know what’s been going on and to put a bit of pressure on Xia. Just a thought!

According to some reports he offered the asking price but it was still turned down. Lets hope it is not a case of if I cant have it I will destroy it so no one can.

It's a bit like a Lion in a cage which is being offered a fresh piece of flesh to eat. The keeper is waiving it near the bars to the cage saying 'here you are, do you want this?', and as the lion moves forwards towards the bars, the keeper whips it away and shout 'well you can't have it!!!!'

WTF is Doctor No playing at?........

I bet our owner will not to willing to come on the pitch waving and bowing like a loony this season. Part of me wishes he would though

Don't think he will venture on to the pitch in future, just hope he finds a buyer that can take us forward without hocking the assets of Villa Park.
The main disappointment I have with him he said there was a plan for the premier division also a plan if we didn't make it this time, that plan being he gambled a lot of our assets & he has now left us up a creek without a paddle. Hoping for a miracle this season

Don't think he will venture on to the pitch in future, just hope he finds a buyer that can take us forward without hocking the assets of Villa Park.
The main disappointment I have with him he said there was a plan for the premier division also a plan if we didn't make it this time, that plan being he gambled a lot of our assets & he has now left us up a creek without a paddle. Hoping for a miracle this season
Yeah unfortunately it looks like plan b was to asset strip

Is Phonny Tony just a front man for the real people in China that invested into the club and now it's all gone wrong he is under instructions to asset strip what's left before a sale?

Like everyone else on here I don't know what's going on so it's just something else to throw into the pot although I did hear a rumour before the Play-Off final that may the case?

Is Phonny Tony just a front man for the real people in China that invested into the club and now it's all gone wrong he is under instructions to asset strip what's left before a sale?

If he is, the big question is how legit the operation is. If it's been done through a proper investment fund known to the authorities, then fine. The investors can sack Tone, take over the club itself (subject to EFL approval) and either run it or flog it. In theory; there is the question of whether they'd expect to get their money back or not, but if they're experienced investors they'd know maybe not.

The other angle is if the investors are people doing it on the sly, as a means of investing their money outside China, without the authorities knowing and thus not subject to their regulations. If so, they'll be praying the authorities don't find out, also they can hardly call out Tone in public. This is where it could get very messy.

Of course this may not be the case at all. There are a lot of reasons why he might run out of ready cash, particularly if it's tied up in other investments. And especially if those investments have nose dived. However, as regards Villa, the simplest thing and most realistic is for him to take a hit and sell up. Unless there is a compelling reason (see above) why he can't.

Stadium naming rights will be next. We'll soon be a shadow of the club we once were thanks to this little fraudster.

According to some reports he offered the asking price but it was still turned down. Lets hope it is not a case of if I cant have it I will destroy it so no one can.

Dr once said on twitter that if needs be he is willing fight for Villa for the rest of his life, maybe he meant it? Maybe he had no idea what he was doing and has had big trouble in little China and is up shits creek but genuinely doesn't want to give up the club? Maybe he's a little fraudster?

I continually float between the two scenarios due to lack of solid information... I don't like to think bad of people but this man needs to come out of hiding asap.

Im personally worried that even if the club makes up the deficit for FFP, we may still struggle to cover the bills wages and taxes etc. These people who purchase clubs are business men or investors, chasing the riches of the premier league. They are out for themselves, they come along swearing a dying love for the club. I don't give a toss about Dr Xia I do care about the Villa as we all do. The quicker he's gone the better in my mind. It would appear this guy has pulled the wool over lots of people's eyes.

My fear is that by selling one or more players we might cover FFP, but the cash would actually be used to pay the bills, so that by next February we still have an FFP hole.

Selling Jack might bring in cash, but it does very little to dent our wage bill.