tonights matches | Page 255 | Vital Football

tonights matches

Meanwhile his short term replacement has been given about 20 mins on the pitch in a month.
Yep brilliant hey.

The guy should have stayed in Bologna. DW would rather throw on Gibbs, Sorensen, McCallum.

If we need a goal on Saturday he'll just keep SvH sitting there until the 86th minute

I see tzolis scored again. The lad is having a brilliant season.

Also Matos has come on for Huddersfield and sky said lots of clubs were interested in him and listed them .... Why didn't we go in with a loan? Why didn't we offer him a deal and play him....such a shame he looks a decent player.

Meanwhile his short term replacement has been given about 20 mins on the pitch in a month.
I wonder if he will be the replacement cone summer. The guy won't sign if his time on the bench continues. Butler had said on RN a few weeks back that he thinks SvH is seem as a replacement for Sargent who he thinks might gets offers in summer

Hull are winning, which isn't great for us. The draw against Blackburn doesn't look like a good one currently. We should have won that.

Three points is needed tomorrow.

How did we miss out on Szmodics. I think it was Chris Goreham (spelling) who said that he was living in our county and didn't want to leave when Peterborough decided to sell. He'd have been a real asset for us. Oh, well.

Funny how Brentford players were all brandishing imaginary cards at the ref when Havertz dived in the box and they surrounded the ref, but not one got a yellow like sainz did. So inconsistent

Just watched liverpool v man city and it confirms how crap we are compared
to premier league.
That's the thing...I love seeing us win but I just know we are not good enough for the premiership, it'd be an embarrassing season, weekend (football-wise) would be awful, youth would get ignored, hardly any midweek games, I'd guess DW would go for more experienced players again.

But then again the money would help, I think attansio would show more interest, players like Rowe, Gunn, Sara, Sargent would more than likely stay.

I honestly just feel like it's too much too soon. Another season in the championship with blooding players like Aboh, welch, hills, Tompkinson, Warner, Kamara would be great and then we will be more prepared.

As it is would it be another Ipswich v Norwich playoff semi final

My view has always been to take promotion for the money. One day we might be wealthy enough to buy the odd premier quality player. OK, we may lose nearly every game but our better players would learn from some of the best players in the world and develop accordingly.

I always believed that the point of going up was to make the effort to stay there and not make our precious club a laughing stock of the nation just so the obnoxious Smiffs can remain in in charge of their little club that stops them getting bored

Yes, YB ideally go up, stay up and bring in a real investor so that we can afford to go after the best. However, until that comes we have to play with the cards in our hand.
It seems to me that avoiding the Premier League because we are most unlikely to stay up is avoiding a significant payday.

My concern is that we have had 2 recent promotions, both followed by relegations and this appears to have put the club into more debt whilst simultaneously causing utter humiliation to the fans.

From my perspective, false hope under the current owners is no longer an option in terms of eventually trying to join the premier league with any hope of survival and building on that in seasons to follow.

We need to suffer being stuck in Championship until the selfish skint and totally unambitious owners sell to somebody with the finance required to achieve promotion and equip a good manager with players required to have a chance of being competitive.

IF we were to finish in top 6 and actually win the play offs, we would have same skint owners ( MA is not in control nor providing funding ), mute Sporting Director, extremely poor manager and same players but with maybe 2 / 3 decent players not good enough for premier league and come straight back down.

Maybe I am mistaken but the additional income is usually used for paying off debts and overall increase in costs of everything involved with being in Premier League leaving such a small amount of money that the good players required are not affordable.

Once relegated, if and that is a big IF a couple of players have done well they are sold and not replaced with similar standard as no longer in Premier League and if they have not made an impression ( as a vast majority of Webbers signing have not done ) nobody wants to sign them and club is stuck with them either not happy, loaned out with wages not paid until given away or left to rot without playing.

Pessimistic ? This is what has happened after last 2 promotions.

The club seems to give a big boost in wages when we go up apparently without tying the earnings to results. That needs to change.

I hear Nunez got injured playing for Chile. Bloody internationals. Of of the players it had to be one of our players.