Tonight’s games ..wed 13/3 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Tonight’s games ..wed 13/3

Cook has been photographed in the Liverpool away end for Champs League games in the past so no reason to think he wouldn't go this one but thus far no proof either. Knowing how keen he is on Liverpool and how big a game it is i there is a very good chance he went.

To be honest he should be at one of tonight's championship games watching our upcoming opposition - maybe Millwall for example. If he is watching Liverpool instead it's p--- poor, if there was no championship games then it's not an issue but there was so if he's out at games he should be watching a relevant game that may help us stay up. But then i remember he keeps telling us It's not about tactics so he prob wouldn't learn anything even if he did watch an upcoming opponent.

Also Cook admitted himself they dont listen to him in training at the forum so even if he missed training it probably wouldn't make a difference. Him missing training may actually help judging on how bad we've been with him being there.

Practically i don't think him going will make any difference as he's so useless but if he did go i think it's unproffesional considering there were other important games he could've been at.

Cook has been photographed in the Liverpool away end for Champs League games in the past so no reason to think he wouldn't go this one but thus far no proof either. Knowing how keen he is on Liverpool and how big a game it is i there is a very good chance he went.

To be honest he should be at one of tonight's championship games watching our upcoming opposition - maybe Millwall for example. If he is watching Liverpool instead it's p--- poor, if there was no championship games then it's not an issue but there was so if he's out at games he should be watching a relevant game that may help us stay up. But then i remember he keeps telling us It's not about tactics so he prob wouldn't learn anything even if he did watch an upcoming opponent.

Also Cook admitted himself they dont listen to him in training at the forum so even if he missed training it probably wouldn't make a difference. Him missing training may actually help judging on how bad we've been with him being there.

Practically i don't think him going will make any difference as he's so useless but if he did go i think it's unproffesional considering there were other important games he could've been at.

Wait he said they don't listen to him training???? What the hell. He must of been joking to be fair

Wait he said they don't listen to him training???? What the hell. He must of been joking to be fair

He was asked something along the lines of 'why are we so bad at throwings we must be the worst in the league at attacking and defending throw ins'

The presenter asked who asked the question and the lad who did put his hand up and Cook said directly to him something along the lines of 'i agree with you, and it really frustrates me, every week i tell them and we try to work on it in training but nothing changes'.

He told plenty of jokes but this wasn't one of them or if it was it didn't come off that way the context of the sentances either side of what he said and way he said it came accross more as frustration rather than self depreciating humour. Sorry i cant remember the precice wording as it's been a while but I remember being quite suprised he said it like that when he said it which is why it's stuck in my mind. Throwin are something i've been worried about since October or so i was glad someone else asked about it (my question was about recruitment and director of football didn't get picked) so the answer was one that i remembered and actually wrote the day after in the recap i put on here.

Last edited:
Sorry KDZ but saying one thing and you reading into it that "players don't listen to him" is another.

You say that Cook said " I agree with you, and it really frustrates me, every week I tell them and we try to work on it in training, but nothing changes."

I read that as he has identified the problem and is trying to work on it and correct it but is having no success. Perhaps the players are not taking it in but to say they are not listening to him is quite a leap in my opinion. If as you say they are just not listening then that would indicate that he has lost the confidence of the dressing room and are deliberately doing this to defy him and I must say that I see no evidence to suggest this.

Sorry KDZ but saying one thing and you reading into it that "players don't listen to him" is another.

You say that Cook said " I agree with you, and it really frustrates me, every week I tell them and we try to work on it in training, but nothing changes."

I read that as he has identified the problem and is trying to work on it and correct it but is having no success. Perhaps the players are not taking it in but to say they are not listening to him is quite a leap in my opinion. If as you say they are just not listening then that would indicate that he has lost the confidence of the dressing room and are deliberately doing this to defy him and I must say that I see no evidence to suggest this.

I understand your point but when we are talking about getting tight to players on throw ins it's not exactly hard or complicated, if a manager instructs the players every week like he says and we nearly 40 games into a season there is no signs that the players are doing any better, is it not fair to say that they aren't really listening?

If we were talking about something more detailed then i'd go along with your premis, but this is super basic stuff that every other club in the league and school kids will be told to do - i can't accept that this is something that is beyond the players in anyway - so the logical conclusion is they aren't listening to him, or if they are listening they aren't bothering to do it and he isn't able to make them comply. Getting players to confrom to tactics is about dicipline and like you say i dont think the players are doing it to spite him but the dicipline is clearly lacking to stick to instructions or a game plan. This is backed up by the fact Cook says the tactics haven't changed when they are unregonsiable.

They will be cognisant of supporter views. As I stated earlier the owners are resident in Hong Kong so it's unclear what authority Royle junior has to take such decisions like dispatching witha failing manger. Perhaps seeing us only separated from the relegation zone by a few goals will focus the minds.

Still not answered my question, how do you think that the 'rose tinted' have kept PC in a job?

Bollocks. If you think the owners are keeping Cook because a few people on an internet forum want them to you need your bumps feeling. If they were going to listen to anybody it would be those making the most noise

I refer you to the first sentence of the reply again.
So IEC are aware of the supporters views....how does that translate into 'rose tinted brigade' keeping PC in a job. Serious question - do you think they scan the message boards before deciding what to do with PC??

I think fans can often get an inevitable manager firing fast tracked or marginally delayed by a week or two when the owners are teetering on the edge but we dont have the power to change their minds. I don't think it's fair to say the terrible season or the decision to keep Cook in place this long has been down to the fans.

So IEC are aware of the supporters views....how does that translate into 'rose tinted brigade' keeping PC in a job. Serious question - do you think they scan the message boards before deciding what to do with PC??

They are cognisant of supporters views - they said so at forum. So if the rose tinted brigade are hitting keep on an online poll and it comes out on top then yes they'll factor that into any decision making. Though they should just look at the teams performances, his standard of recruitment, his selections, game management and resultant outcomes to know he's dead in the water.

Bollocks. If you think the owners are keeping Cook because a few people on an internet forum want them to you need your bumps feeling. If they were going to listen to anybody it would be those making the most noise

Speaking of noise, I note you and some of the other tambourine shakers have fallen quiet in recent days in your unadulterated support for Cook. Reality dawning perhaps?