Toney's Incident with Michael O'Connor | Page 4 | Vital Football

Toney's Incident with Michael O'Connor

So being a "man", as defined by you, is shouting obscenities from the sidelines.

You're a real big "man", you are.

It's all just bants..

And my remark has nothing to do with shouting obscenities from the sidelines but refers to the "assault" on O'Conner. I mean it's even in the right thread and everything.,..

It's all just bants..

And my remark has nothing to do with shouting obscenities from the sidelines but refers to the "assault" on O'Conner. I mean it's even in the right thread and everything.,..

Building a profile here.

Being a "man" is accepting violence against you, being able to shout obscenities from the sidelines, and resorting from the outset to personal abuse of others who question your values.

Building a profile here.

Being a "man" is accepting violence against you, being able to shout obscenities from the sidelines, and resorting from the outset to personal abuse of others who question your values.

Ah, then obviously you missed the sarcasm intended in my post (hell I put the bants bit in olive)
I was equating pointing out that abusing a former player in that style is all just "bants" whereas getting offended by a physical assault could equally be construed as just "part of the game" and therefore I felt able to fling the epitaph "snowflake" around with equal abandon. It's why I specifically responded to that quote...

So, I think, we're actually probably agreeing with each other, but I could be wrong...

Ah, then obviously you missed the sarcasm intended in my post (hell I put the bants bit in olive)
I was equating pointing out that abusing a former player in that style is all just "bants" whereas getting offended by a physical assault could equally be construed as just "part of the game" and therefore I felt able to fling the epitaph "snowflake" around with equal abandon. It's why I specifically responded to that quote...

So, I think, we're actually probably agreeing with each other, but I could be wrong...

Being a "man" is accepting violence against you, being able to shout obscenities from the sidelines, resorting from the outset to personal abuse of others who question your values, and then claiming ''sarcasm" when it doesn't go as well as you'd hoped.

Being a "man" is accepting violence against you, being able to shout obscenities from the sidelines, resorting from the outset to personal abuse of others who question your values, and then claiming ''sarcasm" when it doesn't go as well as you'd hoped.

I don't understand what you are trying to say?

I don't understand what you are trying to say?

Yikes your profile is really building a head of steam here...

Being a "man" is accepting violence against you, being able to shout obscenities from the sidelines, resorting from the outset to personal abuse of others who question your values, claiming ''sarcasm" when it doesn't go as well as you'd hoped, and then ignorance.

Being a "man" is accepting violence against you, being able to shout obscenities from the sidelines, resorting from the outset to personal abuse of others who question your values, claiming ''sarcasm" when it doesn't go as well as you'd hoped, and then ignorance.

But you've just retyped the same thing? I didn't understand that the first time?

Dont know if it's already been mentioned but did you see him talking to his team mate virtually stood over O'Conner with his hand over his mouth so it couldn't be seen what he was saying

Unless it's in the ref's report I don't think much will happen.
Think we'll just have to suck it up.
Think Mr Toney might have a got away with it, lucky man.
He really should be charged as others have said like they do rugby.

Dont know if it's already been mentioned but did you see him talking to his team mate virtually stood over O'Conner with his hand over his mouth so it couldn't be seen what he was saying
Yes I saw that too. It was Madeson talking behind his hand to Toney. Was that planned between the two of them?

Possibly has to put it in report as it put on 9 minutes of extra time.

Possibly has to put it in report as it put on 9 minutes of extra time.

It will be in the ref's report as an extensive delay during the 2nd half- he will point to a significant injury and may point to a collision neither he, or his assistants, saw.

LCFC will need to put in their report the evidence of the incident.

EFL will then decide what to do (or not what to do).

Let's hope so, he can't get away with it, yes I know Rheady did it in the checkatrade final but that was a poor reffing call.

Interesting similarities with the Wales - Croatia game; seconds into the second half Ampadu blatantly got away with taking a forward out in the centre circle (moments later he was pole-axed in retaliation).

Wonder if managers think they can get away with with one very early in the half in the middle of the pitch?

Because it's not in the referee's report it is more likely that some sanction will be taken by the FA.

If the FA are now aware of it they should act retrospectively. If the referee had booked Toney the FA would not take it further. If they do nothing it will be a disgrace. The rugby union authorities are doing something about it and so should the football authorities.

Because it's not in the referee's report it is more likely that some sanction will be taken by the FA.

If the FA are now aware of it they should act retrospectively. If the referee had booked Toney the FA would not take it further. If they do nothing it will be a disgrace. The rugby union authorities are doing something about it and so should the football authorities.
You know what F.A. stands for!

If The FA have seen it on Sky then I would say they will look into it, the same as they do on match of the day if sonmething is spotted like that.
The Video of the game taken by all home teams have to give the Away team, the Ref, the FA & them selves a copy of the game.
That's what we were told when we had a visit round the ground when we were in the National League.